MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
If you go into Apps, find Android Keyboard and clear defaults, then the next time you are typing you should be able to long press and get Choose Input Method to come up

Dayz xx

Ms. Dayzee Whwre ya been?

Your like and out.. You get, you use, you pop in, then leave.. LOL..

Nice to see ya Lady? "Take a educated bow".. lol.

Also guys dont forget that you could also push Jonas IME to /data/apps/

And the Clicker.apk too. So, take a look at that too.. I am using it.. But.. I will confess. I have NOT had ONE freeze or LOSS of texts, because I did not push the Clicker. I left it as is. Just pushed and kept it moving like we do here in the GRAND city of New YOrk. LOL.

just unzip and jiggle.. Yeah baby.. We got our mojo back.

This Keyboard has amazing amounts of features.

Paul add this as an option instead as a bake..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest T0pgun

The Good: All in all just awesome, specially now when the camera flash is synced.

The BAd: MMS dosen't work for me both ways. Recieving is ok sending fails consistently. Is this a known issue?

Guest cortez
The Good: All in all just awesome, specially now when the camera flash is synced.

The BAd: MMS dosen't work for me both ways. Recieving is ok sending fails consistently. Is this a known issue?

based on this analysis i believe it is a known issue. :)

Guest BrumBrum74
did you restore anything from backups or did you problems start after the first boot?

Restored Titanium Backup (From A16) user apps and data. Could that be the problem?

Guest nexvision

I do that everytime but only apps/data and no settings. Also another problem I found I did a back up of apps on Cyanogen and then restored to Desire and had huge problems went back thru and if I didnt install it before I unchecked it for the restore and no problems. If you did your backup from another ROM then I would say thats your issue.

Guest ootherocoo

Sorry to revisit my older post about the meaning of the "H" in the status bar.

But I'm on the tmobile US network. How is it possible for me to receive "H"? I thought tmobiles fastest network was "3G"...?

Don't kill me for these noob questions.....lol.

Guest FlyNikolai
Sorry to revisit my older post about the meaning of the "H" in the status bar.

But I'm on the tmobile US network. How is it possible for me to receive "H"? I thought tmobiles fastest network was "3G"...?

Don't kill me for these noob questions.....lol.

T-Mobile uses HSDPA hence it was 1 of the last companies to get they're 3G rolled out so they use the most recent technology...to my knowledge T-mobile does have the fastest 3G but lowest coverage. AT&T has more coverage but uses a slower 3G plus alot of customer data makes it even slower. i love tmobile's 3G in NYC its like wifi speeds all the time, but i hate they're coverage i see my friends iphone sometimes and we would be in the basement he has full bars while i have no service.

Edited by FlyNikolai

Guest Dr.Strix

Have some issues with Access Point Names. It Force Close when I try to open it!

So I can´t set any APN.

Did a reinstall of 17a, no luck.

And All Programs ->Setup is FC to now!

Guest tim.embedded
I suspect you didn't wipe!

P

My Manage Application has Force Close also.

This did not happen when I used the "alpha17-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-withadditions-signed.zip". It only happens after I switched to online-kitchen baked ROM with the following changes (compared to the standard):

Included: Development Tools, 3D-Gallery, FM Radio, A2SD, Boot Sound, Alternate APN List and Radio Update

Excluded: Google News and Weather, HTC Calculator and Amazon MP3

Guest ootherocoo
T-Mobile uses HSDPA hence it was 1 of the last companies to get they're 3G rolled out so they use the most recent technology...to my knowledge T-mobile does have the fastest 3G but lowest coverage. AT&T has more coverage but uses a slower 3G plus alot of customer data makes it even slower. i love tmobile's 3G in NYC its like wifi speeds all the time, but i hate they're coverage i see my friends iphone sometimes and we would be in the basement he has full bars while i have no service.

Thanks a million for answering my question. I had an iPhone 3GS before switching to T-mobile. I do agree with you and the speed of T-mobile as oppose to AT&T. And now with HSDPA my web browser is lightning fast!!

I appreciate your help FlyNikola

Guest Office Ninja

Hey I flashed to A17 and I can't get the network data to work, anyone else have this? I can make phone calls and stuff but it won't allow any internet to go through the cell network. I have been using A12 and then A14 without a problem so I can't figure out what's up with it. After it A17 didn't work, I reflashed A14 and it data worked again, but I don't know what's up with the latest build. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: Changed the apn manually and it seems to be working :)

Edited by Office Ninja

Hey I flashed to A17 and I can't get the network data to work, anyone else have this? I can make phone calls and stuff but it won't allow any internet to go through the cell network. I have been using A12 and then A14 without a problem so I can't figure out what's up with it. After it A17 didn't work, I reflashed A14 and it data worked again, but I don't know what's up with the latest build. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Go back to A16 - A17 is very buggy with a lot of data/sms/mms bugs among other things. Give Paul some time to get it going, the release version will come soon and it'll be awesome - but for now A16 is definitely much more stable.

Guest GodDriven

In addition to this.. The coverage area to T-Mo really means business. Unlike our CDMA friends, they're networks can relay your signal. Meaning. if the one you landed on is not up to par, it pushes you back to where the last signal was the strongest.

Another difference between GSM and CDMA is in the data transfer methods. GSM’s high-speed wireless data technology, GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), usually offers a slower data bandwidth for wireless data connection than CDMA’s high-speed technology (1xRTT, short for single carrier radio transmission technology), which has the capability of providing ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network)-like speeds of as much as 144Kbps (kilobits per second). However, 1xRTT requires a dedicated connection to the network for use, whereas GPRS sends in packets, which means that data calls made on a GSM handset don’t block out voice calls like they do on CDMA phones. Hence ATT and T-Mo.. And the Great feature.

Now, Cleardigital, 4G, I mean it took them a while..

But 'Omnipoint' Telecoms came a long way.. < Let's see who remembers or know that one?

Guest Michael Latman

Upgraded to Alpha 17 and now I don't have internet connection on Network? I can now only connect to the web via wifi, anyone else having this issue?

Guest skydart
Upgraded to Alpha 17 and now I don't have internet connection on Network? I can now only connect to the web via wifi, anyone else having this issue?

Please read the 500 other posts on this very question (with the solution) starting on page 165 or so to present.

Guest GodDriven

Pages 160-179 Read..

Look for APN settings..

Or

Click my name, look for my posts and see the APN settings when I was talking to others about it..

See.. Thats what forums are for.

If you seek you shall find..

No Pun intended. :)

If You've made it this far..

Okay, P, must love about 6 STRAIGHT "Enthusiasts" that really stay and provide milk to our babies. If you have made it this far.. There is no possible way, that you did not read some pages to see. Then, I bet, you just was like oh ish, Alpha 17, and like nearly pissed your john.. Flashed and then was like, dam yo, this was never like this yo, there's no data.. LOL.. Then, flew here, and typed HELP in a form of a sentence.

Yeah, thats what most do, but, you see, it really gets to some points where it needs control.. So, think like this. Bookmark the page where you last left off. Then when you arrive, read. thats it. Skim. look, dodge, i mean something. Its great that its a forum where 9 out of 10 you will have someone here to help, hence the diff timezone advantage.. But, what if, what if you arrive and it's desolate, you'll find your way right? Think of it like that, it's a desert when you come back, and reading is your water.

Edited by GodDriven

Guest muncheese

settings > wireless/networks > mobile networks > access point names > Menu key > new apn:

Name: T-Mobile US

apn: epc.tmobile.com

everything else blank.

This will get you data on your phone. Look through the thread for mms settings, I ain't retyping all that tonight. lol

Guest aaronpaws
If you are having issues with mms or data use the ANDROID keyboard to input the info.

I wish someone would have said this two nights ago. You are a god lol.

Guest GodDriven
I wish someone would have said this two nights ago. You are a god lol.

No I am God He Is munchesse.. ;) :)

Just Kidding.. BTW, Muncheese, My dear, my wife loves your name.. She was crying laughing when she heard it.. LOL.. Great Pick..

It's like my Twiiter is @PlankLongBeard, It's means Jesus in pirate. LOL..