MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Even though I'm already super appreciative of all your work on this ROM, I would be super-super appreciative if you can come up with a fix for the SMS issue- sadly I'm a txt maniac and not being able to send double length txts is a major headache for me. Now I just sound ungrateful :)

I did try pushing old mms.apk's to no avail- the issue appears not to be with the sms app, but whatever handles its output. I'm guessing here of course!

Have you tried Handcent SMS application? I prefer it much more compared to the defaul messaging app

Guest 7wonders
Hi, great work as always Paul :)

I have asked before but still have not found an answer or solution myself.

Is it possible on desire rom to NOT have the swipe down unlock screen and only have the unlock pattern screen? Much appreciated for any help!

/7

Please?

Guest jlevy73
Please?

Anyone having issues with their phone not ringing? Been a persistent problem for the last couple of builds for me just wondering if anyone else is having the same

Guest Raspster
Paul, you truly are a superstar, thank you. Quick question- is the SMS issue (not sending >160 chars) fixed in this release?

Edit: Unfortunately, nope. Still a bug with the LED indicator behaving randomly too, but this is somewhat less of an issue than the SMS bug

Ohwell, it's an amazing ROM. I'm sure it will be fixed at some point. Again, GREAT JOB! and Thanks!

Guest Docmjldds
If you are having issues with mms or data use the ANDROID keyboard to input the info.

Or download the latest Alpha 18 :)

Plus HTC KB now has Mic again!!!!!

Guest Kantankerousmind

I've been having a weird problem sometimes when i wake my phone the data doesn't come on, it doesn't work till i shut it down and restart. also my sync FC's alot.

Guest cortez
Or download the latest Alpha 18 :)

Plus HTC KB now has Mic again!!!!!

have you flashed yet? if so, were your data settings automatically populated? i flashed Alpha 18 but internet settings - APN list - is still empty. thanks!

Guest TinyEri01
have you flashed yet? if so, were your data settings automatically populated? i flashed Alpha 18 but internet settings - APN list - is still empty. thanks!

I had the same issue. APN still blank. Even after I manually put in the US T-Mobile info, and selected save. Still blank. Rebooted 'n everything. Currently trying to bake in the alternate APN list.

Wanted to add my thanks to everyone else here. Paul, great work. I don't know how you find the time, but there are a lot of people here who owe you a beer or six.

Guest Docmjldds
So here's something a bit fun... remember how on the earlier Alphas you could multitouch zoom out and click and drag to rearrange screens? Well, for some reason HTC took this out of the final release. I just put it back. We have something REAL Desire owners don't have. ;)

Coming up in Alpha 18! :P

P

Yep, Luv the rearrange screens now. Plus the mic icon is back in the HTC KeyBoard. Only issue (non issue really) is related to the APN where Manually searching for Networks generates error. Used to actually offer ATT and TMobile. I can select automatically and it registers. No issues at all with Data connection. First noticed today that phone options menu when holding the top hardware button offers Mobile Network connection. Never bothered to look at that before :)

Guest cortez
I had the same issue. APN still blank. Even after I manually put in the US T-Mobile info, and selected save. Still blank. Rebooted 'n everything. Currently trying to bake in the alternate APN list.

Wanted to add my thanks to everyone else here. Paul, great work. I don't know how you find the time, but there are a lot of people here who owe you a beer or six.

ahhh... ok, i think i misunderstood the changelog; the APN is available in the kitchen vs. the pre-baked version of Alpha 18. thanks for replying! :)

Guest jlevy73
ahhh... ok, i think i misunderstood the changelog; the APN is available in the kitchen vs. the pre-baked version of Alpha 18. thanks for replying! :)

Cortez, have you baked A18? Do we need to include the alternate APN settings is it now apart of the core files (didn't see anyone comment on this yet). Thanks.

Guest Dr.Strix

Nice work Paul!

Sorry to say that my phone will not boot up after a18.... Spins around on "htc, quietly brilliant"! and don´t go any further. Have to get battery out to stop it.

Did a complete wipe and reinstall, no luck..

Edited by Dr.Strix

Guest cortez
Cortez, have you baked A18? Do we need to include the alternate APN settings is it now apart of the core files (didn't see anyone comment on this yet). Thanks.
no i'm using the pre-baked version. never learned how to cook, lol. no need to start now! :)

Guest jlevy73
Nice work Paul!

Sorry to say that my phone will not boot up after a18.... Spins around on "htc, quietly brilliant"! and don´t go any further. Have to get battery out to stop it.

Did a complete wipe and reinstall, no luck..

I had the same issue as well. I had to wipe everything including SD card ext then it worked.

Are you baking the rom or just installing from the download link. For whatever the reason I find baking the rom in the kitchen to be more unstable for some reason.

Guest Dr.Strix
I had the same issue as well. I had to wipe everything including SD card ext then it worked.

Are you baking the rom or just installing from the download link. For whatever the reason I find baking the rom in the kitchen to be more unstable for some reason.

Both and non works.

But I noticed that I could not install radio!

So I did a new baking without radio, trying now.

Edit: Do not work, loops around all time.

Bhawaaaa... have to try to whipe sd card to then!

Edited by Dr.Strix

Guest jlevy73
Both and non works.

But I noticed that I could not install radio!

So I did a new baking without radio, trying now.

Edit: Do not work, loops around all time.

Bhawaaaa... have to try to whipe sd card to then!

That's a bummer. I had it loop on A17 and once I cleared out SD card it worked. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

Guest muncheese

Just did a kitchen a18 and it won't boot up. launcher crashes and force closes when you start up the phone.

I'm going from a17 prebake to a18 bake. =/

Guest rabhw

I've had this issue since a16 (the first release I'd used):

There's no window animations / transitions at all. Just an instant flip between windows / apps. It's set to full animations in the settings, I've also checked Spare Parts and they are turned on there too. Did a full wipe and tried reinstalling a18 today, still no luck. I tried CM 5.0.5.1 today and noticed they were there which reminded me that I don't have any of them in this ROM...

Does anyone else have this issue or any suggestions?

Guest skydart
I tried CM 5.0.5.1 today and noticed they were there which reminded me that I don't have any of them in this ROM...

Please forgive my ignorance, but I have CM 5.0.4.1 on my phone, (or at least, I did at one point), do I need to upgrade to CM 5.0.5.1? I'm using Paul's Alpha 17 at the moment, (until I upgrade to Alpha 19 ;-) What is CM 5.0.5.1?

Guest rabhw
Please forgive my ignorance, but I have CM 5.0.4.1 on my phone, (or at least, I did at one point), do I need to upgrade to CM 5.0.5.1? I'm using Paul's Alpha 17 at the moment, (until I upgrade to Alpha 19 ;-) What is CM 5.0.5.1?

You don't need to upgrade to it. It's a completely different rom than the ROM this thread is about actually :)

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...online-kitchen/

That's the thread for the latest version of CyanogenMod. I only mentioned it because seeing the window animations in that rom reminded me that I don't have any in this one!

Hope that helps.

Guest skydart
You don't need to upgrade to it. It's a completely different rom than the ROM this thread is about actually :)

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...online-kitchen/

That's the thread for the latest version of CyanogenMod. I only mentioned it because seeing the window animations in that rom reminded me that I don't have any in this one!

Hope that helps.

Ahh, that makes sense. I came FROM Cyanogen, and that's why I have it.

Guest lars1110
no i'm using the pre-baked version. never learned how to cook, lol. no need to start now! ;)

in order to cook a rom in his modacos rom kitchen you must first become a ad free member or plus :) just to let you know.