MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Klarato

Just a heads up.

As a temp way to fix the issue. I use Handcent and have it set to split my sms's at 160 char.

So when i type over 160 it splits the msgs up. That way you can still send long msgs. Most of my mates have threaded texting now days so its no issues for the people i text.

Anyway just thought it might help some people,

Klara

P.S Thanks Paul for all your hard work!

Edited by Klarato

Guest duderuud

I updated from baked A17 to baked A18 and have no problems at all.

Phone booted just fine and because I didn't wipe I had all my old settings, including working 3G and mms (Holland, KPN provider).

Thx Paul!

Guest Nomad51

Is anyone else having a problem with SMS replies showing sender incorrectly? E.g., if should be from "A", shows up as "x". Seems to be unrelated to who I've sent SMSs to, just picks a name randomly.

I'm in Qatar... could it be service provider related? Or the latest 'baked' cake?

Guest arkhynn

Also have the SMS issue... Very annoying for a text addict user ! ;)

Hope it will be solved in a later release.

Workaround : just have to call people instead ! :)

Thanks for your work P ! :P

Guest kshehzad

First of all great work Paul!

I only have one issue with A18. The facebook calendar has disappeared from the available calendars fpor sync! This was a great feature and I was able to track birthdays etc along with my other appointments at same place.

Any chance of fixing this?

Thanks.

Khalid

Guest juju125
Thanks Paul for this great effort.

However, I am having an issue with Microsoft exchange; when i enter all the information and then select what to sync, it says processing (for a while) and then gives a message "failed to create the account, please try again later"

i had this problem with all of the desire roms and i am not having it with MCR nor CM roms

thanks in advance....

Paul: please look at the issue here, i really want to use the desire ROM ...

thanks in advance...

Guest WhiteHartMart

Got a problem updating the Trackball Alert app (to Beta 5) on Alpha 17 and 18. Its telling me there is insufficient storage available, despite being able to install other apps from the market? Beta 4 still works fine fortunately.

Any ideas what could cause this? :)

Guest k2bk2bk2b
Got a problem updating the Trackball Alert app (to Beta 5) on Alpha 17 and 18. Its telling me there is insufficient storage available, despite being able to install other apps from the market? Beta 4 still works fine fortunately.

Any ideas what could cause this? :)

Just uninstall old version, and install the latest.

Guest WhiteHartMart
Just uninstall old version, and install the latest.

Thanks - but want to make sure I don't risk having the app at all - would I not get the same issues when trying to reinstall?

Checked with the dev and he thinks its a problem with the 'Protected apps' storage area. :)

Guest skydart
WIPE is required comming from Alpha17? :)

Thanks for u answer ;)

Thanks @Paul, for this hard work :P

From what I have read, the wipe is necessary from A16 to A17, but not necessary from A17 to A18, I believe Paul stated this in his post.

Guest fabiocampos
WIPE is required comming from Alpha17? :)

Thanks for u answer ;)

Thanks @Paul, for this hard work :P

Nobody answer??/

;)

I´ll flash without WIPE :P

Guest christonge
First of all great work Paul!

I only have one issue with A18. The facebook calendar has disappeared from the available calendars fpor sync! This was a great feature and I was able to track birthdays etc along with my other appointments at same place.

Yeah, I noticed that it was missing from A17.... it was a really useful feature for B.days.

Guest skydart
I make 10 refreshs dude, is good for u? U want more than 10 refreshs? :)

Relax, it was not a slam. Evidently we both posted at the same time.

Guest tim.embedded
has any one else gotten a FC when they try to access the camera from the gallery.. :)

Yes, same here. Having FC when starts camera at Google's 3D Gallery.

Guest skydart
Yes, same here. Having FC when starts camera at Google's 3D Gallery.

When going from A17 to A18, I got the continued "Brilliantly Quiet" white loop screen, so I had to wipe and also wipe devalk. I used the APNBackupRestore app to import my APN settings because the default settings would not work, (I did have to reboot to get APN settings to be recognized, however). My camera seems to be working just fine, but perhaps that is because I did a full wipe.

Edited by skydart

Guest Thetechnogeek
The long SMS problem is REALLY weird! Looking into it, but it's very bizarre...

P

Thanks Paul. Happy to offer any help with testing etc if it's useful.

Another issue with this ROM which has been noted is the gradual slowdown- I got to the point today where flicking between homescreens would happen very very slowly. A reboot fixed it, and it was not related to any running apps (I closed most of them), but did become more obvious after running (and fully closing) NemoPlayer. I guess this'll iron out as the rom develops, but thought it might be worth noting.

On the SMS front- once I have had a concatenated message (eg >160) fail to send, I also can't then send shorter messages without a reboot. This is not that reproducible, as the shorter messages sometimes go, but as it's unpredictable I have to keep a really close watch on what the screen is saying when I press send...