MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest skydart
I had that problem with A18 and to resolve it, yeah, I had to wipe everything.

Yeah, I've now wiped everything, and partitioned the SD Card, and having loaded Alpha 19 back on the SD Card, I'm now flashing it, and hopefully this will work.

Update! I now have a desktop! (Home screen). It rebooted on it's own, (after initial settings screens were filled out) . . . . . . finally got "Quietly Brilliant" screen (after three heart-attacks), . . . and now back to my home screen.

I'm letting the phone sync (does it all by itself), with my Gmail account, and then I'm going to reboot again just to be safe, and to ensure that I've allowed time for it to work out it's delik-cache issues that GodDriven spoke of.

Edited by skydart

Guest 7wonders
I've wiped "factory reset" and wiped Delvik-cache, then flashed Alpha 19, and it went into the "Brilliantly Quiet" loop . . again, and again, and again. Took battery out, did a full wipe again, (wipe & Delivk-cache wipe), and flashed again. This time is stayed on "Brilliantly Quiet" for a while, and then looped again as it did before. I'm probably going to have to do a complete wipe of everything, data-factory reset, delvik-cache, battery memory, and SD Card repartition. Ouch.

I also had this problem after factory reset. It seems that factory reset seems to screw with a2sd so you need to repartition after factory reset then install rom with a2sd.

Guest NotYaAverageBro

I had this on my phone, and liked it. I saw the video online on how to "turn off" the Sense UI, (but whatever reason I couldn't do it on the Nexus One. Anyone have this same problem?

Thanks!

Guest T7Labs

I know others were looking for the full information and i went back a few pages and didnt find ALL the information for the APN settings..

Just in case someone makes an oops mistake like i did and backup their APN settings from A18 and find themselves without Edge/3G/HSPA coverage here are ALL the settings (you get to these by

tapping menu button on homescreen

clicking settings

Wireless & Networks

Mobile Networks

Access Point Names

Tapping menu button and tapping New APN.

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.english.t-

mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (don't know if this is important)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Authentication Type: leave at Not Set

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Edited by T7Labs

Guest GodDriven
HTC pulled Launcher2.apk from the ship build.

You can push it back or install something like Helix Launcher 2 (excellent) from the Market.

P

Can we push the 5 Column Launcher2.apk..

Or do we stick with stock and helix? I tried and received a boot loop.

Guest treich007
I know others were looking for the full information and i went back a few pages and didnt find ALL the information for the APN settings..

Just in case someone makes an oops mistake like i did and backup their APN settings from A18 and find themselves without Edge/3G/HSPA coverage here are ALL the settings (you get to these by

tapping menu button on homescreen

clicking settings

Wireless & Networks

Mobile Networks

Access Point Names

Tapping menu button and tapping New APN.

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.english.t-

mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (don't know if this is important)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Authentication Type: leave at Not Set

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Thanks this worked perfectly. I can now use this rom to its fullest.

Guest cortez

@P - flashed Alpha 19 without wipe went well, but i noticed i lost about 20MB of internal phone storage (went from 108MB to 88MB), thinking i probably screwed up, i created a nand backup, wipe all caches and reflashed Alpha 19. Spare Parts is now reporting total storage of 196MB vs 154MB on Alpha 18; however, available storage at first boot (no apps installed) is now 94MB vs. 154MB with alpha 18. with a freshly flashed device on first boot shouldn't available storage read 196MB? i'm not using AP2SD and i have the Amon_RA 1.70 recovery image installed. am i having an Android-noob moment? did miss something about Alpha 19 and it's impact on storage? thanks to anyone for answering my question.

Guest vkazak
Thanks for all the hard work Paul! Going to load A19 up as soon as I get the chance.

All we need now is that SMS bug fixed and we are rollin!

I an joining to say _THANKS A LOT!!!!

BTW

Any chance to fix conversation option in htc email app ( great and useful app - conversation is seems not working - showing 1 message in conv, only )

Guest chetstriker

Great Work!!!

Would it be possible to include the Yahoo email over wifi fix in the next version?

the link about it is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=647608

However it's a patched version of Email.apk not Mail.apk that Desire is using, it does give code though.

The Email.apk version works however the Sense UI widgets for email won't pull from it. only Mail.

It would be awesome if you could find a way to make that work.

Regardless, thanks for all the great work you've put into this.

Guest grainysand
@P - flashed Alpha 19 without wipe went well, but i noticed i lost about 20MB of internal phone storage (went from 108MB to 88MB), thinking i probably screwed up, i created a nand backup, wipe all caches and reflashed Alpha 19. Spare Parts is now reporting total storage of 196MB vs 154MB on Alpha 18; however, available storage at first boot (no apps installed) is now 94MB vs. 154MB with alpha 18. with a freshly flashed device on first boot shouldn't available storage read 196MB? i'm not using AP2SD and i have the Amon_RA 1.70 recovery image installed. am i having an Android-noob moment? did miss something about Alpha 19 and it's impact on storage? thanks to anyone for answering my question.

Am seeing the same here, though I only lost 10 MB of free internal storage as I use apps2sd. I'm guessing the modification of dalvik-cache caused this (long ago, Paul moved it to /system, I think, which gained you ~40 MB of internal storage).

Guest Cyberdelia

I have 2 issues with A18, and because the list of issues in the A19 doesn't mention them, I got to ask:

1. The SMS doesn't send even if the message is shorter than 160... I tried with 1 char, 10 chars, etc, and nothing.. Always get the Error sending message.

2. The power button doesn't turn off the screen... I have to wait for the screen-off by time occurs.

Guest cortez
Am seeing the same here, though I only lost 10 MB of free internal storage as I use apps2sd. I'm guessing the modification of dalvik-cache caused this (long ago, Paul moved it to /system, I think, which gained you ~40 MB of internal storage).
yep... an Android noob moment for sure! looks like 60M was moved to the /cache folder. time for more reading because i want to understand the impact of this change (certainly not questioning it). i assume the change will benefit my device. also guess it's time to investigate AP2SD if i want to conserve device space. thanks for the insight! Edited by cortez

Guest fabiocampos
I have 2 issues with A18, and because the list of issues in the A19 doesn't mention them, I got to ask:

1. The SMS doesn't send even if the message is shorter than 160... I tried with 1 char, 10 chars, etc, and nothing.. Always get the Error sending message.

2. The power button doesn't turn off the screen... I have to wait for the screen-off by time occurs.

2 - Works for me too :)

Guest Cyberdelia

For the new cache, I was using the kitchen versions with App2SD.. so.. I must partition my SD again? I have an ext2... the structure that Amon-RA 1.6.3 creates....

Guest badkidrf

MoDaCO why not move this up to a Beta already seems very stable to me. but who am i... lol

P.S. anyone know how to change the notification sound for MAL not Gmail, Mail...

thanks

Guest eddiec10

I baked this rom for the first time following the release of Alpha 19. I wiped and then flashed. All went well. I set up the screens with my own settings and did a Titanium Restore for my apps and data. I then did a nandroid back up and rebooted. Then the problems started. The boot up stopped and started on its own and when it eventually got tot he home screen and I unlocked it I got the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". After rebooting a few times, trying the nandroid back up and then re-flashing I got the same problems and message. Is this possibly something to do with my Titanium Restore? Any suggestions please?

Guest franklin3891

Hi paul, the 4 touch keys (back,menu,home,search) not light.

I make a wipe without a result. I have the alpha 18

When i install the google rom all working fine.

franklin

Guest Thetechnogeek

SMS's of <160 chars send OK for me. Power button works fine.

Charging/charged LED indicator still behaves strangely, and SMS > 160 don't send, but otherwise this ROM seems pretty well behaved. No slow downs noted yet. Thanks Paul :)

Guest jlevy73
Dam, JLevy73, I dint want it this way.. I'm Not Backstreet.. LOL..

I resolved all of mine.. It was a long boot issue. along with my ADB pushed apps.

So I had to re-install every app, but through the market, so they just overwrote on the new partitions p made and the old ones go bye bye after a reboot.

I placed that whole long list CAUSE I KNEW IF I WENT THROUGH IT A LOT WILL>

AND GUESS WHAT.. You did..

Nice seeing you guys, Skydart and JLevey73 ..

You know it's true ROM love when you have to re-partition your SD card with 16gb on it :)

Guest joelee
Is this possibly something to do with my Titanium Restore?

Possibly. You should only restore the missing apps only. The safest way is don't use batch restore & restore each apps you need one by one.

Guest jlevy73
yep... an Android noob moment for sure! looks like 60M was moved to the /cache folder. time for more reading because i want to understand the impact of this change (certainly not questioning it). i assume the change will benefit my device. also guess it's time to investigate AP2SD if i want to conserve device space. thanks for the insight!

Yeah I need to do some reading too because if you take Cyanogen Rom's as an example he doesn't have his dalvik set up this way which frees up approximately 40 mb. So when you boot up free memory is around 196mb. With the new configuration I am only seeing about 154 mb upon boot (with no apps installed). Certainly not complaining but Cyanogen has always been known to be ultra-conservative with his rom's. Time for some XDA research to see the pros and cons of moving to the /cache folder or not.