MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lp1527

Hey Paul,

Appreciate all your work and sorry to add to the endless requests for bug fixes... but... any hope for the following in next update?

~SMS bug: unable to send multiple messages if over 160 characters

~Slight sluggishness in the ROM

Also, any hope for trackball wake?

Thanks for everything!

Guest lyrikal757

possible bug:

I've seen it mentioned before but I dont think it was ever addressed nor any fix:

Running A17 Text messaging comes in wrong order (ive noticed this since A14)

It only happens when a text is received within the same minute of a sent text

The "answer" comes before the "question"

IE (time is in hour:minutes:seconds)

In Desire rom

3:15:45pm 757-333-3333: Nothing how are you?

3:15:30pm 757-555-5555: Hey whats up

3:17:40pm 757-333-3333: It feels nice outside, no need for a jacket

3:17:20pm 757-555-5555: Whats the weather like outside?

This is how it should be

3:15:30 p.m. 757-555-5555: Hey whats up

3:15:45 757-333-3333: Nothing much how are you?

any fixes that i missed? or is this just an issue.

Guest cortez
possible bug:

I've seen it mentioned before but I dont think it was ever addressed nor any fix:

i recall this issue being mentioned awhile back, but it hasn't been discussed recently. basically the messages appear out of time-sent/received order, yes? i got around this issue by using the Android stock Mms.apk. messages now appear in the correct order... Edited by cortez

Guest babaej

also,

i have several issues with regards to Exchange.

1) when my server enforce me to enter a password any time i waking up the phone, when i mistype 2 times the pass code, the N1 erase it self!!! and then not booting up till i will install once again the ROM.

2) i cannot access the company directory - i mean i can access the page and than when i write the name im looking for nothing comes up. like he doesn't query the server.

can any one confirm if its not only issue i have?

can i skip the phase of entering a 4 digits password after every wake?

Guest Shmoopty
Hey Paul,

~Slight sluggishness in the ROM

Search this thread for SetCPU. A19 does not run at Nexus One speeds out of the box.

Edit: or perhaps I am wrong?

Edited by Shmoopty

Perhaps it does. I based the info on Post #3650
That's my post. According to the "Quick system info" app my N1 was not going above 768mhz. I installed setcpu and set up a custom profile and it now goes to 1000mhz. Maybe quick system info was reporting incorrectly. Edited by jdoo

Guest LilRedzMD
This post?

I can't replicate that behaviour, mine is running at 1GHz.

P

Paul,

Strangley enough this version of the ROM has been out for 2 days and outta all the Alphas Ive used (Since A8) this is the least stable. When I try to go to my text message app and type in the persons name it pulls it up with no phone number stored. Also when I have tried to replace or add persons number in the Contacts it either deletes the number and/or refuses to save the number. Also I have noticed that when you first boot the phone it takes about 1-2 minutes before data connections are made, much slower then the ROM's before A12. Paul these features were flawless b4 and now they have when str8 to dust?? Update soon pleaze I beg of you....

Guest lars1110
possible bug:

IE (time is in hour:minutes:seconds)

In Desire rom

3:15:45pm 757-333-3333: Nothing how are you?

3:15:30pm 757-555-5555: Hey whats up

This is how it should be

3:15:30 p.m. 757-555-5555: Hey whats up

3:15:45 757-333-3333: Nothing much how are you?

any fixes that i missed? or is this just an issue.

its been like that sense alpha 1 :/ i know its an annoyance but i have faith in paul he can fix it :)

Guest lars1110
Paul,

Strangley enough this version of the ROM has been out for 2 days and outta all the Alphas Ive used (Since A8) this is the least stable. When I try to go to my text message app and type in the persons name it pulls it up with no phone number stored. Also when I have tried to replace or add persons number in the Contacts it either deletes the number and/or refuses to save the number. Also I have noticed that when you first boot the phone it takes about 1-2 minutes before data connections are made, much slower then the ROM's before A12. Paul these features were flawless b4 and now they have when str8 to dust?? Update soon pleaze I beg of you....

he had to start over again at alpha 17 give him some slack. hes only one person... well alot of people are working on this rom but he is the one that packages it all together and we all know hes trying his best. so stop complaining. paul will come out in the end and fix all the current problems. he just needs time. hes also doing this all without source code and hes practically rengineering everything he is doing so ill say this over and over and over again just give him some time... thanks paul if your reading this for all the great hard work youve done on all of your roms

Guest ThomasFoolery

Hey guys,

I don't know if its possible but is there anyway to extract the browser only with flash. I'm not a huge fan of HTC sense and all contacts issue (sometimes when trying to add a new google contact it will sync the old info from the Google cloud). And the text message bugs are killers but I love the browser.

Any answer would be appreciated

Guest LilRedzMD
he had to start over again at alpha 17 give him some slack. hes only one person... well alot of people are working on this rom but he is the one that packages it all together and we all know hes trying his best. so stop complaining. paul will come out in the end and fix all the current problems. he just needs time. hes also doing this all without source code and hes practically rengineering everything he is doing so ill say this over and over and over again just give him some time... thanks paul if your reading this for all the great hard work youve done on all of your roms

Believe me this is very understandable and in a few I will be signing up for a MoDaCo AD Free Membership, but I have posted my issues and/or problems I am having and Paul has neglected to let me know if he also indeed is experiancing the same problems, and I am just not the only one here looking dumb and also being NEW to this I am not 100% certain if I am doing things correctly. So its not a matter of me complaining itz a matter of me stating problems and if problems I am listing is being confirmed on his end as well. Please do not take everything personal I know how great of a job he is doing because to this very moment I do not see myself EVER going back to the NExus One Stock ROM, I enjoy this one extremely to much for that. Just based off of Pauls work, so AGAIN KUDOS to PAUL...

Guest TheNexusOneKidd

Hey just wondering how can i get more HTC widgets?, its not working on my phone hoping maybe its something i can fix, thanx!

Guest mudrock1000
radio has pretty mych nothing to do with MMS. Your settings are wrong.

Well is there another APN for MMS that i missed?

Right now my current settings are

APN:epc.tmobile.com

Apn type: Default.

I think i have the names rigiht I'm doing this off the top of my head.

Guest mudrock1000
its been like that sense alpha 1 :/ i know its an annoyance but i have faith in paul he can fix it :)

YES ME TOO! It happens alot, and when it hits 12, it gets the day completely wrong so i have to switch over to Handcent. :/

Guest cortez
Believe me this is very understandable and in a few I will be signing up for a MoDaCo AD Free Membership, but I have posted my issues and/or problems I am having and Paul has neglected to let me know if he also indeed is experiancing the same problems, and I am just not the only one here looking dumb and also being NEW to this I am not 100% certain if I am doing things correctly. So its not a matter of me complaining itz a matter of me stating problems and if problems I am listing is being confirmed on his end as well. Please do not take everything personal I know how great of a job he is doing because to this very moment I do not see myself EVER going back to the NExus One Stock ROM, I enjoy this one extremely to much for that. Just based off of Pauls work, so AGAIN KUDOS to PAUL...
all of us at one time or another have experienced issues with this ROM. it's a work in progress and i think many of us try our best to help and offer solutions to issues. i know i've asked for Paul's feedback with my problems and am grateful if he responds. if he doesn't, no big deal. i spend a little extra time trying to research/resolve the issue myself. the majority of time i've been able to resolve my problem or find a work around. at the same time i'm gaining a little more Android knowledge.

i don't view "a no response" from Paul as neglecting me. using phrases like "neglecting me" will certainly generate some fairly strong responses to your post. some (myself included) will interpret this as you thinking "the man" owes you a response, that "the man" is failing to provide adequate suggestions to solve your problems. i'm sure that's not what you intended, right? :) good! those of us that use Sense UI want it to work flawlessly and hopefully we'll get there. my suggestion is to exercise a little patience and consider starting from a fresh flash to try and resolve your device challenges. if not and your issues are critical to your daily phone use, consider using another ROM. anyway, i "think" i responded to your original post yesterday with some questions and suggestions; maybe i missed your reply. let me know if my suggestions worked or failed! peace my friend!

Edited by cortez

Guest muncheese
Well is there another APN for MMS that i missed?

Right now my current settings are

APN:epc.tmobile.com

Apn type: Default.

I think i have the names rigiht I'm doing this off the top of my head.

You're missing all the mms settings....