MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dipeshb
Paul,

All I ask is if you can let us know if possible will there be an update rolling out on this ROM at some point today?

Something is brewing, I can just feel it in my bones.. Havent 'heard' Paul this quiet in a while :-)

BTW, I can not receive or send MMS on the desire ROM, I have entered the APN precisely.. I am on T-Mob UK, and I will be going abroad soon, MMS is cheaper than SMS to send, even if it is just characters..

If any UK desired guy has this working, can you let me know how? I have 2 T-Mob APNs, with the top one checked and conforming to the recomended settings, which are the same as Cyans 5053 build.. Except MMS is working on the Cyan build..

I know this has been massively discussed, but I have tried all the solutions in this thread and others to no avail... Maybe this is an issue for T-Mob UK for the Desire ROM?

Edited by dipeshb

Guest mi_canuck

is there a way to get a weather widget to show on the lock screen? seems like a whole lot of nothing showing on the lock screen... great to see your background pic, but i personally would like a weather widget there in its place... possible?

FEATURE REQUEST:

any possibility in a future ROM, to replace the widget "+" button in the bottom right with a button that would launch Settings instead? i'm always going into settings view the menu key, requiring multiple clicks, but hardly ever use the widget "+" key, since you can long press on the back ground and achieve the same thing...

dunno if it's possible, but that would be awesome if it could be done! :(

thnx!!

Don't think it would be possible without full sources. And in the other hand..not needed :P

Guest Thetechnogeek
Something is brewing, I can just feel it in my bones.. Havent 'heard' Paul this quiet in a while :-)

BTW, I can not receive or send MMS on the desire ROM, I have entered the APN precisely.. I am on T-Mob UK, and I will be going abroad soon, MMS is cheaper than SMS to send, even if it is just characters..

If any UK desired guy has this working, can you let me know how? I have 2 T-Mob APNs, with the top one checked and conforming to the recomended settings, which are the same as Cyans 5053 build.. Except MMS is working on the Cyan build..

I know this has been massively discussed, but I have tried all the solutions in this thread and others to no avail... Maybe this is an issue for T-Mob UK for the Desire ROM?

I also can't get MMS working on O2 UK- but I never really use them. Could be related to the inability to send long SMS'es? Or not. :P

Hopefully this will be a fix in a future build...

Guest tim.embedded
Paul,

All I ask is if you can let us know if possible will there be an update rolling out on this ROM at some point today?

I would be surprised if Paul would roll out updated ROM this 'week'. He seems to be busy in working at the stock Nexus ROM and Cyanogen ROM ... pls see other threads below..

Guest LilRedzMD
I would be surprised if Paul would roll out updated ROM this 'week'. He seems to be busy in working at the stock Nexus ROM and Cyanogen ROM ... pls see other threads below..

NEXUS STOCK ROM FOR WHAT? THIS A19 HAS HAD SO MANY PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE BUGS AND KINKS IN IT AND THIS VERSION HAS BEEN OUT FOR A WEEK NOW...GUESS PAUL SAID I GIVE UP... :P

Guest rhomberto
Actually I did, and it works fine...make Modaco rich now :-)

cool thanks for the feedback.... I upgraded and baked ...but the LED doesnt flash.....it just stays on.. and no color change?? . :-( kinda sucks and it only seems to only work for sms notifications for now..but kitchen did say the Notifications will be erratically displayed by the top-right LED ...... hopefully there will be improvements on this option.. ?? maybe make it a breathing light or use it has battery status green for 100% to 30% and orange under 30%. ??? ...

keep up the great work paul !!! :P

RHOM

Guest meverha1

I'm new to rooting but I was able to root my phone and install the Desire ROM on my Nexus One without any problems. However, I have a question. Is it possible to overclock the N1 with the ROM? If so, how do I do it? Please give as specific instructions as possible.

Guest skydart
NEXUS STOCK ROM FOR WHAT? THIS A19 HAS HAD SO MANY PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE BUGS AND KINKS IN IT AND THIS VERSION HAS BEEN OUT FOR A WEEK NOW...GUESS PAUL SAID I GIVE UP... :P

Why are you yelling at all of us again? Please take your cap locks off when typing in this forum, otherwise, everyone perceives that you are yelling at the top of your voice. Also, Paul gave up? Wow. Please. . . I don't even know how to begin to respond to that comment, so I won't. Just know that we are all laughing at that comment.

Guest deanesn
I'm new to rooting but I was able to root my phone and install the Desire ROM on my Nexus One without any problems. However, I have a question. Is it possible to overclock the N1 with the ROM? If so, how do I do it? Please give as specific instructions as possible.

Here http://android.modaco.com/content-page/303...this/page/3920/ I did this and worked nice and it does help your battery life. BTW welcome to the forum. The next thing might sound funny since I am new here too but you can search this 209 page thread if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the left side you will see the "search topic". Most likely every question you have is answered somewhere in the 209 pages. :P I am not trying to be mean but helpful. I had a problem finding the search topic button since I am used finding always on top of the page. Going back to your question. in order to oc your phone you will need android sdk which includes the adb tool which you will use to push the files that oc your cpu. and remember nand backup always. good luck. :(

do it yourself then, fix the issues if you're in hurry. no need to shout here like Paul would owe something to you...

Guest nickustinov

hi

1) i am trying to turn off email notification trackball flash but it does not turn it off even if i uncheck it under settgins>notification flash>email

2) sms unread count widget does not work with a19 - it always launches default messaging app instead of chompsms (as well as other places dont ask me which sms app to use as default)

is it just for me?

N

Guest skydart
do it yourself then, fix the issues if you're in hurry. no need to shout here like Paul would owe something to you...

inf, I could not have said it better myself. In the 80's, we used to say, "As if!?" . . . . I think that applies here now ;-) LOL.

Guest LilRedzMD

WHOA! WHOA!

ANYBODY CATCHING OFFENSE TO THE CAPS LOCK NEED TO TAKE IN MIND THAT MAYBE MY FRICKIN KEYBOARD IS BROKEN AND STUCK ON CAPS! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET OUT OF YOUR FEELINGS.

Guest skydart
WHOA! WHOA!

ANYBODY CATCHING OFFENSE TO THE CAPS LOCK NEED TO TAKE IN MIND THAT MAYBE MY FRICKIN KEYBOARD IS BROKEN AND STUCK ON CAPS! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET OUT OF YOUR FEELINGS.

{RANT} We're sorry, it's our fault that you are yelling at everyone in this forum and we should have known that your keyboard was broken. In fact, every time that you post, we should know that your keyboard is broken, or maybe you could spend $9 and get a new keyboard. No-one has been rude to you, and yet you are rude in nearly every post that you post, (and that's excluding the CAPS issue). I've been blatent and to the point in this post to make the point. Perhaps this forum is not for you.{/END-RANT}

Edited by skydart

Guest LilRedzMD
We're sorry, it's our fault that you are yelling at everyone in this forum and we should have known that your keyboard was broken. In fact, every time that you post, we should know that your keyboard is broken.

NO BUT TO ASSUME THAT SOMEONE IS ALREADY ACCUSTOMED TO USING FORUMS, AND THERE USED TO ALL THIS IS LUDACRIS, YOU CAN NOT ASSUME SOMEONE ACTIONS, BECAUSE MOST LIKELY WHEN PEOPLE ASSUME THE MAKE AN A** OUT OF THEMSELVES. I DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO DISRESPECT THE INTEGRITY OF ANYONE ON HERE INCLUDING PAUL. SIMPLY PUT I ENJOY EVERYTHING ON HERE. IF YOU ALL PRECEIVE EVERYTHING I AM SAYING AS DISTASTEFUL IN YOUR EYES, THAT NOT MY FAULT. NO ONE IS YELLING AT ANYONE ON THIS FORUM, GET A GRIP, IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS, LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR THAT, AND IF YOUR A MAN, GET OUT YA FEELINGS, REMEMBER, YOUR A MAN, SO ACT LIKE ONE.

Guest lyrikal757
NO BUT TO ASSUME THAT SOMEONE IS ALREADY ACCUSTOMED TO USING FORUMS, AND THERE USED TO ALL THIS IS LUDACRIS, YOU CAN NOT ASSUME SOMEONE ACTIONS, BECAUSE MOST LIKELY WHEN PEOPLE ASSUME THE MAKE AN A** OUT OF THEMSELVES. I DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO DISRESPECT THE INTEGRITY OF ANYONE ON HERE INCLUDING PAUL. SIMPLY PUT I ENJOY EVERYTHING ON HERE. IF YOU ALL PRECEIVE EVERYTHING I AM SAYING AS DISTASTEFUL IN YOUR EYES, THAT NOT MY FAULT. NO ONE IS YELLING AT ANYONE ON THIS FORUM, GET A GRIP, IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS, LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR THAT, AND IF YOUR A MAN, GET OUT YA FEELINGS, REMEMBER, YOUR A MAN, SO ACT LIKE ONE.

Lol. You said Ludacris. IE the rapper. The word is ludicrous. =)

Guest PeRKoniX

Guest GodDriven
is there a way to get a weather widget to show on the lock screen? seems like a whole lot of nothing showing on the lock screen... great to see your background pic, but i personally would like a weather widget there in its place... possible?

As usual this is another request that can be fixed by first looking.. Lock 2.0... and FlyScreen... will work wonders for you. FlyScreen is free if can't figure out a way for your financial status... plus there are more.... look around

Guest skydart

Please keep posting.

Guest GodDriven

NO BUT TO ASSUME THAT SOMEONE IS ALREADY ACCUSTOMED TO USING FORUMS, AND THERE USED TO ALL THIS IS LUDICROUS, YOU CAN NOT ASSUME SOMEONE ACTIONS, BECAUSE MOST LIKELY WHEN PEOPLE ASSUME THE MAKE AN A** OUT OF THEMSELVES. I DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO DISRESPECT THE INTEGRITY OF ANYONE ON HERE INCLUDING PAUL. SIMPLY PUT I ENJOY EVERYTHING ON HERE. IF YOU ALL PERCEIVE EVERYTHING I AM SAYING AS DISTASTEFUL IN YOUR EYES, THAT NOT MY FAULT. NO ONE IS YELLING AT ANYONE ON THIS FORUM, GET A GRIP, IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS, LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR THAT, AND IF YOUR A MAN, GET OUT YA FEELINGS, REMEMBER, YOUR A MAN, SO ACT LIKE ONE.

All respected and all noted..

Please stop the bickering.. The nudging for unnecessary reasons, For god sakes, Be men/women and give each other your Gtalk and fight till the battery goes.. Till you cant no more.. Till life ceases to exist.. Just do it.. But not here on this very forum.. Where others are listening and looking for help.. Please.. Look somewhere else for your fights, little computer wars, this is Business, and if you don't remember, Business costs money, especially when almost a million people have joined and chose whichever membership they chose.. But they chose, so that's what makes this business, all about the work, money, learning, the execution of the biggest variable: Live life..

Edited by GodDriven