MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JeffV

Hey Im very new here... but me and my friend and his g/f all have the N1 and im going to try to explain the wierd things that are happening in hopes maybe they are easy fixes or if maybe im doing something wrong.

first and main thing... The network time pulls eastern time and screws up my msging and the main clock widget. If i set it to manual the main clock widget still takes the network time. Ive tried all avenues and came to the conclusion that i will just wait for the official release but maybe there is something that can be done.

just one little thing... I use the "standard 3" ringtone and noticed that i get no pause in rings, and i tested it with other ringtones, and still no pause. Not a big deal as i can create my own ringtone...

I am on the rogers network in vancouver bc (surrey specifically which is a 30 min drive away) Now for the funny part. If im in surrey, and the time is set to manual and the front clock displays the wrong time as noted above, as soon as i drive to vancouver (which is not a different time zone) the front clock changes time to the proper time. Although when i am in vancouver and the time is set to network time it still displays eastern time.

anyone else having wierd time issues?

I love the sense UI and i understand that it is an alpha, i thought i would just speak up as i havent read much of these problems yet..

Guest rICHIEa1226

I figured I will add pictures of my Madaco Alpha 19 Rom!!!

PAUL!!!! YOU ARE THE SHIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!

I just need someone to help me with adding my own Boot Animation... SOOOO please HELP!!!!!

post-679706-1269912525_thumb.png

post-679706-1269912551_thumb.png

post-679706-1269912560_thumb.png

post-679706-1269912572_thumb.png

post-679706-1269912583_thumb.png

post-679706-1269912593_thumb.png

Guest Brian L

I am not sure if this is a common problem, or if it has already been said, but i figured i would just put it out there in case nobody did. When running the desire rom alpha 19, when i plugged it into the computer, it would not let me mount my sd card to transfer files from the computer to my phone. Other then that i have not noticed any other issues, awesome rom!

I am not sure if this is a common problem, or if it has already been said, but i figured i would just put it out there in case nobody did. When running the desire rom alpha 19, when i plugged it into the computer, it would not let me mount my sd card to transfer files from the computer to my phone. Other then that i have not noticed any other issues, awesome rom!

use the Mount USB application that comes with the ROM, then read the "known issues", 3rd post in the thread :P

Guest GodDriven
I figured I will add pictures of my Madaco Alpha 19 Rom!!!

PAUL!!!! YOU ARE THE SHIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!

I just need someone to help me with adding my own Boot Animation... SOOOO please HELP!!!!!

Wow.. And the Expression Continues.. :P

Guest JonnyRockets
NEXUS STOCK ROM FOR WHAT? THIS A19 HAS HAD SO MANY PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE BUGS AND KINKS IN IT AND THIS VERSION HAS BEEN OUT FOR A WEEK NOW...GUESS PAUL SAID I GIVE UP... :P

I reported this guy for constantly posting (literally every post) in all caps.

Paul, can you please ban this idiot?

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest Tito Vic

I am on the rogers network in vancouver bc (surrey specifically which is a 30 min drive away) Now for the funny part. If im in surrey, and the time is set to manual and the front clock displays the wrong time as noted above, as soon as i drive to vancouver (which is not a different time zone) the front clock changes time to the proper time. Although when i am in vancouver and the time is set to network time it still displays eastern time.

anyone else having wierd time issues?

I love the sense UI and i understand that it is an alpha, i thought i would just speak up as i havent read much of these problems yet..

I live right at the boundary of Surrey and Langley BC and I am experiencing the same (+3hrs when I'm seen to be in Surrey and corrects itself when I am sensed to be in Langley). This happens with me standing still. I've modified at least 3 files to correct that in A16 (I think) but will wait for the beta and investigate again how to create a script that will auto correct this.

If you want to try it, look for the following files (WP_0409WWE, weathersync, weather, ans settings?) all with .db as ext and try to change the lines with 'Barbados' to 'Los_Angeles'. I used SQLLite to modify those files outside of the Nexus file structure and push then back via ADB. I cannot provide the full paths as I am currently on CM at this time.

Paul sorry if this has been answered already, but any ideas on the next version. Specifically interested in a FIX for the 768mhz issue... seems to be the reason for the performance hit on this rom on the N1. Keep up the good work!

There IS no 786MHz issue as far as I can tell!

P

Read Post 4145 - > On this Page. ( My Last Post if you skipped ) http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1230200 < That's one.. As usual this is another request that can be fixed by first looking.. Lock 2.0... and FlyScreen... will work wonders for you. FlyScreen is free if can't figure out a way for your financial status... plus there are more.... look around

Another thing is this.. A lot.. of you have been worrying about the FM Radio not functioning but in my worries and struggles I had last night.. I found something extraordinary.. Radio Time... This works wonders.. Like it does.. This will, give you all of what you want.. To see what works and what you need.. Just test..

All approval by Paul to do so..

So please Enjoy.. And "Leave" Paul alone on the radio part..

Transmitter will be around soon enough.. :P

HEY for all not LISTENING>> Radio HERE..

Enjoy My fellow Friends.. Enjoy.. ( Once AgAIN.. FM Radio on the N1... Droid too.. for who has it like I.. )

This is not FM radio, it's internet radio.

P

katermuc

Ah.. Ah.. Ah.. :P

We're all Friends here.. We are each others sources, help, and associates.. :(

We have a strict rule on piracy. If you post any more non-free apps, you'll be banned...!

P

Guest houstonblaney1

By the way, thanks for all of your hard work, Paul. The Alpha 19 ROM on my Nexus One is really neat stuff.

I just flashed Alpha 19 and I noticed that when I try to add a clock (it doesn't matter which style) to any homescreen, the clock widget force closes. It says "The application Clock widget (process.com.htc.widget.clockwidget) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." when I try to add a city. In addition, the list of cities does not reflect the list of cities in the weather app. Any ideas here?

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest Thetechnogeek
re: an update, i'll roll an update when I have something new to put in it. :P

P

Hi Paul, many thanks for all your hard work on these ROMs. Did you ever get to the bottom of the SMS issue?

I'm wondering whether this is also an issue on the Desire- if I can break through the "I'm so excited I'm getting a Desire my head is going to explode" threads in another forum, I'll ask :(

Guest Samuel.Xue

It seems I can't flash it on the phone which has already flashed CM rom. I flashed CM ROM 5.0.5.N1 and google Addons at first. Then I falshed version 19, everything works well except that I can't sign in google account. Always reports no data provision service.

I noticed that CyanogenMod replace the provision.apk with setupwizard.apk. Dose it related this? I really like this ROM, who can help me to fix it?

BTW, why I have to wait so long time for this ROM booting to the HTC splash, and another several minutes to see the home?

Samuel

Guest houstonblaney1
Another problem. It shows my SIM _and_ phone contacts. Anyway not to show SIM contacts?

For those of you having a problem with both your SIM and Google/Phone contacts appearing in your contacts list, just do the following:

1) Go to your apps menu and select "People" (the HTC contacts manager; IMHO, it's better than the stock Android contacts manager).

2) With the view set to "All", click on "Menu > View."

3) Uncheck "SIM" and any other groups you don't want listed. I just have "Google" checked on mine.

4) Select "Done".

Done!

Hi Paul, many thanks for all your hard work on these ROMs. Did you ever get to the bottom of the SMS issue?

I'm wondering whether this is also an issue on the Desire- if I can break through the "I'm so excited I'm getting a Desire my head is going to explode" threads in another forum, I'll ask :(

Working on the SMS issue, also just bought a Desire (altho it won't ship before I go on holiday) so I can compare. :P

P

Guest k2bk2bk2b
It seems I can't flash it on the phone which has already flashed CM rom. I flashed CM ROM 5.0.5.N1 and google Addons at first. Then I falshed version 19, everything works well except that I can't sign in google account. Always reports no data provision service.

I noticed that CyanogenMod replace the provision.apk with setupwizard.apk. Dose it related this? I really like this ROM, who can help me to fix it?

BTW, why I have to wait so long time for this ROM booting to the HTC splash, and another several minutes to see the home?

Samuel

Did you

Wipe everything?

Then flash A19?

If google unable to sign in try flashing gapps after A19. Personally have not had issues with Google.

As you did not state if you have any working connections in the first place, i would assume you set up APN as well as Wifi?

If not ignore flashing gapps.

Initial boot is slower than CM. if its such a big issue to wait, you might like to stick to CM since alot of folks are saying CM is faster.

Personally i cant see the difference in speed in Desire or CM.

Personally i love the sense ui and widgets

Personally i love HTC contact manager more

:P

@Tip

For any updates just refer to 1st page. There's where paul would update once he has any new discoveries. It usually comes with a new ROM as well.

Guest jutley

Hi can i just download update-nexusone-radio-32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2- and update it through custom recovery as update zip i am using desire rom thanks.

Hi can i just download update-nexusone-radio-32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2- and update it through custom recovery as update zip i am using desire rom thanks.

Yes!

Guest LilRedzMD
Dude, please consider buying a new keyboard or at the very least using this application to remap the key.

P

I just got it replaced Paul. Please tell your users b4 bashing my character to read all my posts b4 assuming I was yelling or disrespecting you all.