MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest THE-NEXUS-ONE

Okay so i wiped all then flashed r20 and when i click on messages it just says force close any idea whats wrong?

post-661271-1270075033_thumb.jpg

Edited by THE-NEXUS-ONE

Guest nawchi
Okay so i wiped all then flashed r20 and when i click on messages it just says force close any idea whats wrong?

post-661271-1270075033_thumb.jpg

go back to alpha 18; it's faster and camera is perfetctly syncro with flash. on 20 flash is out of syncro and there are a lot of issues that are not in alpha 18

Guest THE-NEXUS-ONE
go back to alpha 18; it's faster and camera is perfetctly syncro with flash. on 20 flash is out of syncro and there are a lot of issues that are not in alpha 18

Thats when this issue started for me so iam gonna go back to cm5.0.5.3 give it about a month before i try this rom again to many issues

Guest mudrock1000

When my phone started up alot of things forced closed ._. Should i be worried?

And would someone mind posting the Alpha 18 zip? I forgot to make a nandroid backup. >.< (go ahead...sue me :P)

(and would i have to wipe and flash?)

Edited by mudrock1000

Guest cortez
but i have already tried it and i just get a boot loop rom wont load i have tried ext4 and ext2 but not ext3 do they all work? or do i need a particular one? and what about swap do we need it and how much i just dont want to try and it boot loops again untill i am certain i have the proper settings and procedure.
(i'm asking because you didn't mention this, but...) did you cook a ROM with A2SD and flash it OR are you trying to flash a prebaked version? i used Amon_RA Recovery 1.7 to create a 32MB swap partition and a 1GB ext3 partition. if you cook a ROM with A2SD and your SD card is setup with an ext2 or ext3 partition, A2SD setup is automatic. i recall that my device rebooted twice on its own as it was moving apps from device storage to the sd card. i tested A2SD and posted my findings in Post #3899 of this thread. on Alpha 19, you can see apps stored on the SD card by browsing the /system/sd/app folder using a file explorer such as Root Explorer. i don't know if it will help, but i know it works for me. Edited by cortez

Guest 18.4009
you can see apps stored on the SD card by browsing the /system/sdcard/app folder using a file explorer such as Root Explorer.

If I am correct the newer Recovery v1.7.0 will no longer support this older method. The new method stores apps on your SD card in the /sd-ect/ folder not the /system/sdcard folder.

Wouldnt you still need to use recovery v1.6.2 if you continue to use the older method?

Guest Staticjupiter

Strange ive been reading all the post and it seems a lot of people are having more problems with A20 than with the rest. When i went to A20 i didn't wipe and it seemed like it fixed more issues than anything. Before with A19 when i overclocked my N1 the wireless wouldn't work but when i flashed to A20 it started working....very strange.

Also my camera seems to be syncing with the flash i tested it various times on all different settings.

Guest rICHIEa1226

All seems to work fine with Alpha 20 ON MY N1.. I still have one problem which is the same problem I had before, Well 2 problems!!! One I can not send MMS messages. The phone tells me that it is sending the MMS as its loading, but does not sent @ all. Second is my Music Widget only shows 5 Albums as I have 12 on my SD card. The music is not so much, but the MMS issue is driving me crazy.... Please help with MMS issue. I am on the Tmobile US Network!!! THANKS!!!

Guest cortez
If I am correct the newer Recovery v1.7.0 will no longer support this older method. The new method stores apps on your SD card in the /sd-ect/ folder not the /system/sdcard folder.

Wouldnt you still need to use recovery v1.6.2 if you continue to use the older method?

i corrected my post, the folder is /system/sd/app, see pic below.

post-19638-1270078900_thumb.png

Guest Breze

Ok so i flashed the new 20 rom on top of the 19 rom and it works fine everything but the HTC news widget I dont really care but wanted to know if i was the only one. I did have the pic message problem but it was fix when i updated.

Guest GodDriven
Can you add Jbed-Java and TCK0.8 kernel to this?

LOL.. He brought the Kitchen to the end of the thread.. Just in case we need to bake again.. :P

@Cotrez..

Waiting on the answer...! Please on the New Apps2sd method... Or if 18.4009 can shed some light..

We do want the new way to partition and store on the SD right?

I sure hell do.. Less on RAM is always better..

Guest cortez
Okay Cortez.. This is the new way.. Right.. ?

Meaning (for the new) all they have to do is use.. Amon to partition (after back-up) then just keep it moving.. Meaning the partition is accessible right from Root.

Meaning. Go into recovery, with an empty SD.. Partition.. Then to what EXT? then finish and reboot.. So then when I install any new apps they will appear in the folder described above..

I can then copy and past my /data/app to this directory?

Or does it move the apps initially?

Cortez Im a mind blower.. But.. as you can see apps2sd was never needed by me/or others..

Thanks for your further input..

Please give us straight details on how to.. Link>?

man, i'm not sure which way is what, lol. i'm basing my assessment on what i'm seeing via the apps/tools on my device. for example, i install a program, check for a change in Available Space (via Settings->SD & phone Storage), then check the /system/sd/app folder via Root Explorer. each time i add a sizable program, Available Space is unchanged and the there's an increase in Used Space in the /system/sd/app folder.

i was hoping to use Windows Explorer to see a folder on the SD card that contains the installed apps. no luck there. the Windows Disk Management (WDM) utility is the only tool that can verify the partition's existence. funny thing is WDM reports the same value for free & available space. could be that Windows can't read the used space in the ext partition so it will always report the same free & available space value. i do know with Cyan's ROM, you can see the available/used space for both the device and the ext partition via the Settings->SD & phone Storage option. i suspect there's a reasonable explanation why the same can't be done with the Desire ROM.

i'm sure i didn't answer your question, lol.

Guest rICHIEa1226
Ok so i flashed the new 20 rom on top of the 19 rom and it works fine everything but the HTC news widget I dont really care but wanted to know if i was the only one. I did have the pic message problem but it was fix when i updated.

CAn you post your APN settings, Are you on Tmobile USA??

Guest rICHIEa1226
Yeah t-Mobile US epc.tmobile.com but all the other data work but the htc news app will not let u add feeds

Whats the rest of the settings you are using, Can you post them up all.. It seems you are one of the very few that got MMS to work.

Guest rICHIEa1226
they it is epc.tmobile.com and yeah the US

You did not add anything in the port settings or anything?? Did you bake your own rom or did you down load one of the suggested roms?? Its pretty wierd to know that its works with just that. But did you cook a custom one??

Guest Dragon Dragon

I've installed the A20 version but didn't found the HTC_CIME. Please kindly check. Thanks.

Known Issues
  • Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees
  • USB mount notification does not fire - use 'USB Mount' application from menu.

Alpha r20
    • Rebased on a new leak... AGAIN!
    • Now includes TCK 0.8
    • Long SMS issue fixed
    • Updated APN list
    • HTC_CIME Chinese Input added
    • Hebrew fonts added
    • Clock widgets fixed
    • Various minor tweaks / fixes
      • New su and Superuser APK
      • Important update to dalvik-cache to /cache
      • RIL update
        • Reverted APN file to match Alpha 17 (apologies to our US friends!)
        • Switched HTC IME back to Jonasl's port (version 18, thanks for the bugfix!)
        • Patched Rosie (Sense) to allow click-drag-ordering again (not included in shipping Desire!)
          • This update is based on 1.15.405.3, which is the Desire shipping ROM
          • Completely rebuilt everything from the ground up - please report any issues not shown in the 'known issues' above
          • Reverted HTC IME to stock version
          • Prebaked download is now available with or without MoDaCo additions
            • Reworked Camera application modifications from scratch - pictures should now be better quality and the flash will now fire as accurately as on a real Desire
            • Fixed HTC Footprints
            • Updated Google Maps to 4.1
              • Added Sense UI Live Wallpaper (thanks Stericson + secret source!)
              • Added Navigation Panel (thanks Stericson + secret source!)
              • Updated HTC IME to jonasl's version 16, made optional in kitchen
              • Updated Titanium Backup
              • Updated Live Wallpapers to fix ordering issue (hopefully, only after wipe)
              • Reverted Maps to stock version - for non US navigation check out Brut's patched version.
              • Added Trackball notification options to the kitchen
                • Fix for screen brightness control
                  • TRACKBALL NOTIFICATIONS! See this post for further details!
                  • EPE54B RIL library (I recommend you use the latest radio)

• Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.7. This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted only for frequencies < 256MHz :(
                    • Updated HTC_IME to jonasl's v13, based on my Desire leak
                    • RIL updates (more connection quality and stability in my experience) - ERE36B radio recommended
                    • Live Wallpapers ordering fix (sorry, wipe required)
                    • Optional Nexus One boot animation
                    • Desk Clock (Dock) music app fix (now uses HTC Music app)

Alpha 11

[*]Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.6. This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted for the base/stock 245MHz frequency and tweaks the capacitive buttons slightly (thanks kmobs), it uses the CFS I/O scheduler.

[*]Now includes a customised HTC Camera application with working flash and 5 megapixel modes.

[*]Configuration changes made to try and resolve problem with some missing applications from the market. Please provide feedback.

[*]Updated Titanium Backup, WaveSecure and Wired Tether applications.

[*]Added Amazon MP3 to the kitchen.

[*]Added the option to exclude the HTC World Clock application in favour of the dock friendly Google Desk Clock application.

Alpha 10

[*]Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.5. Minor config tweaks to bring config closer to that of the original Bravo after we obtained stock Bravo config.

[*]Minor updates to boot image, should fix issues with key backlights and repeat notifications. Also adds flashing LED for notifications.

Alpha 9

[*]Repacked boot image, including TCK 0.4, to avoid flashing issue. Minor kernel config tweaks.

[*]'Car Home' included by request.

[*]Bootsound removed - it will be an optional extra in the kitchen. It was annoying me. :P

Alpha 8

[*]Hugely, HUGELY, optimised for space. Only the framework sits on /data now (and there's 12MB free on system currently!), and I foresee that with more work, we might even be able to fit everything on /system!

[*]dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data

[*].32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!

[*]USB mount app preinstalled

[*]Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested)

[*]Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)

[*]Added default android keyboard with voice search - also fixes voice search issues!

[*]Added alternate news widget from Nexus One (GenieWidget)

[*]Online kitchen for MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus members (see my sig for deets)

[*]Slimmed down customize directory with added en-US - thanks qteknology for the inspiration. All the space counts!

Alpha 7

[*]Fixed issue with ringtones list

Alpha 6

[*]Changes to try and resolve random reboots

Alpha 5

[*]Fixed white screen on boot, wifi and update-script issues

[*]Fixed graphical glitching

Alpha 1-4

[*]Disastrous

Guest rICHIEa1226
Name T-Mobile

APN epc.tmobile.com

Proxy blank

Port blank

username black

password blank

server blank

MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy 216.155.165.50

MMS8080

MMS protocol WAP 2.0

MCC 310

MNC 260

APN type default, mms

Man you are soooo lucky.. I can not sent them at all.. Sucks for me I guess. I am going to try to delete my settings and add them back on. Thank you for your help.