MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Are any of you having issues, getting into settings/ accounts & sync... mine seems to crash everytime I attempt to ipen it. I have my Facebook friends birthdays all in my calendar. This sucks. Let me know if you have this problem please.

Same happened to me. Now i did add htc snyc to my build ...i dont even know what that is but i get a error. I think i will go back to 19 seemed like a champ to me,

Guest rICHIEa1226
Same happened to me. Now i did add htc snyc to my build ...i dont even know what that is but i get a error. I think i will go back to 19 seemed like a champ to me,

19 was fine. If there was a way to take the sms fix and just apply that to 19, that will be great. It sucks, u lose some u gain some. It will be perfect in time. I have faith in Paul. Sucks that i can not get in tge settings though. To remove the Facebook friends from the calendar simply go to cakendar/ settings and remove Facebook from it. Once u remove it, its gone. No getting back. Unless u wipe.

Guest metatron

Still has the same issue in failing to handle broken/invalid SSL certificates (not sure if this includes the browser, but certainly SSL connections, like IMAPS).

No warning/error/popup, just seems to bug out back to settings.

Guest jlevy73
Trying to find how to do cyan /system/SD/app... Apps2SD

What do you mean? Cyan uses a script that recognizes Ext4 for A2SD which is enabled in Spare Parts. Not sure I understand the question

Guest houstonblaney1

Flashed R20. Camera flash is not synced. It also took up a huge amount of ROM.

Since R20 wasn't going exactly as planned (not complaining P), I decided to go back to A19. I wiped my N1. Even repartitioned the microSD card (had a previous Cyanogen install and was using apps2sd). A19 flashes without a hitch. The phone loads up and I go through the normal motions (setup, program installs, etc.). After all of the program installs, I noticed I had 85 MB of storage space left on the ROM. For some reason, I decided to restart my phone.

After restarting my phone, I proceeded to check "SD & phone storage" again, only to find out that I no longer had 85 MB of storage left, but instead 130 MB.

Pretty interesting if you ask me. I'm definitely not complaining, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

On the issue of apps2sd, is the A2SD option in the kitchen different than the apps2sd that's included in the Cyanogen ROMs? I remember the Cyanogen apps2sd setup being relatively easy. Just used Amon 1.7 to repartition the microSD (32 MB swap, 512 MB ext2, rest FAT32). Phone booted up and everything worked. No problems. Apps installed to the SD card (as advertised). I switched back to P's Desire ROM because, quite frankly, I'm hooked on HTC's Sense.

Anyways, is there some special method to getting A2SD working with the Desire ROMs?

Guest jlevy73
Flashed R20. Camera flash is not synced. It also took up a huge amount of ROM.

Since R20 wasn't going exactly as planned (not complaining P), I decided to go back to A19. I wiped my N1. Even repartitioned the microSD card (had a previous Cyanogen install and was using apps2sd). A19 flashes without a hitch. The phone loads up and I go through the normal motions (setup, program installs, etc.). After all of the program installs, I noticed I had 85 MB of storage space left on the ROM. For some reason, I decided to restart my phone.

After restarting my phone, I proceeded to check "SD & phone storage" again, only to find out that I no longer had 85 MB of storage left, but instead 130 MB.

Pretty interesting if you ask me. I'm definitely not complaining, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

On the issue of apps2sd, is the A2SD option in the kitchen different than the apps2sd that's included in the Cyanogen ROMs? I remember the Cyanogen apps2sd setup being relatively easy. Just used Amon 1.7 to repartition the microSD (32 MB swap, 512 MB ext2, rest FAT32). Phone booted up and everything worked. No problems. Apps installed to the SD card (as advertised). I switched back to P's Desire ROM because, quite frankly, I'm hooked on HTC's Sense.

Anyways, is there some special method to getting A2SD working with the Desire ROMs?

Paul has included a hack that moves Dalvik-Cache to /Cache one the phone is rebooted. So that free's up about 40-45mb which is why you saw the jump.

A2SD works fine for me but yes it is not as intuitive as Cyanogen's or Enom's which have it built into spare parts. Anyway, once you have all the apps installed reboot your phone. Now try installing a big app like Google Earth or something you should see your internal memory only decrease very slightly.

Guest AndyCr15
When I first put on version 19, I used adb to remove a few things, I think FriendStream included... as I didn't install Peep that time. With version 20 I put Peep back in, so I can have a decent FriendStream working... but FriendStream still isn't there. I check the .zip of 20 and it's in system/app/FriendStream.apk and the widget too, so surely it should have just reinstalled it for me? No?

The app FriendStream is on my N1, but it's not listed when I go to add a widget :(

How can I put it back? Push the apk manually? Can someone please give me the few lines this would take?

Anyone help please? :P

Guest k2bk2bk2b

Great work again Paul!

Encountered an issue initial install after wipe plus the mcr 2.1 hint. Ended up without WiFi unable to turn on.

Did another wipe and installed a20.. works sweet, only notice my cell network bars keep going to none on wake device or while surfing. Will monitor...

Low memory too. But hey apn is automatically up..

Guest irenic

Paul, u will receive your desire today right? so can we nexus 1 user expect great things ahead or you gonna forget us completely? :P

Guest metatron

Does anyone else get internet timeouts on this (I did in A19 too). Whether on WiFi or 3g/gprs every now and again i can't get anywhere and a disconnect/connect fixes it. Opening a shell to the device, when it is having the issue the route command takes a very very long time to show the default route, it sits for ages ... once I disconnect/reconnect and it works route shows the routing table with no lag.

I have done a complete wipe (factory reset and dalvik).

Guest k2bk2bk2b
If you install the 2.1 cam file you'll get a kernel / modules mismatch = no wifi = bad idea.

:P

P

Great way to find out after i set up device... :(

Im definitely having some cell network issue. it keeps dropping the bars to zero, will try re flashing again tonight..

Guest jutley
Alright GodDriven I really think you need to lay off the dew or something.

My question is not for how easy it is to set up app2sd (I know how to do it) but from my understanding with Cyanogens newest realese it is being handled in a new way and with this the new recovery it is setup to handle the new format.

(from XDA cyanogens thread) - * New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)

(from XDA RA-nexus-v1.7.0 thread) - Version v1.7.0 supports the new Apps2SD method (CM v5.0.5), the old method is no longer supported!

Please use version v1.6.2 if you still require support for the old Apps2SD method!

The new way of handling app2sd places the apps in a folder from the root directory called sd-ext. The old way did not.

So I am wondering if Pauls places it in the same structure so the newest released recovery can back up rom+apps or not.

My original Question was -

Simple question that you could have attempted not to be an ass about - might try to live up to you name a little more GodDriven.

Thanks again Paul for your hard work.

Justifiable Homicide by any person.

Thankyou i have been screaming on this forum reguarding apps2sf not working i have the latest recovert 1.70 and it just boot loops when i install this rom

Guest himmatwala

Paul,

I absolutely have no issue with WiFi after installing the 2.1 cam files. I did have the fluctuating signal issue which I fixed by upgrading to the latest radio.

If you install the 2.1 cam file you'll get a kernel / modules mismatch = no wifi = bad idea.

:P

P

Guest Sabiwa

Real odd behaviour.

When some one calls me today they cant connect to me and not even getting my voicemailbox. It looks like the phone wont register calls as they come on.

Went back to CM5.0.3 and all works like it should have

Guest Chris X Nexus

i hv the following error message while upgrading from A19 to A20.

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/fsck.minix

E:Failure at line 101:

symlink busybox SYSTEM: xbin/fsck.minix

Pls help.

Many Thanks.

Guest eddie1000
i hv the following error message while upgrading from A19 to A20.

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/fsck.minix

E:Failure at line 101:

symlink busybox SYSTEM: xbin/fsck.minix

Pls help.

Many Thanks.

me too.....................................oh no?????????????????