MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Deathwish238

Have apps that use a browser inside of the app, like Wapedia or Parallel Kingdom for example, work on the Desire ROM yet? They did not work a few alphas ago. The link the apps used would not load and so you would basically get a page not found(or something along those lines) within the app. I emailed the Wapedia dev about this and it's an issue with the ROM I believe and not the app.

me too.....................................oh no?????????????????

Do 'adb shell df' - you might have baked an image that's too big.

I am working on an innovative plan to free space tho... :P

P

r21 online!

I didn't REALLY wanna post a new version just for the Camera app, but it made sense. :P

P

Known Issues

• Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees
  • USB mount notification does not fire - use 'USB Mount' application from menu.

Alpha r21

• Updated Camera application (no other changes)

Guest LilRedzMD

Paul loving it so far, Just the flash on the camera and thats about it. Also wanted to know if you fix the high pitch Call-Waiting feature and also if you notice with the Stoc Contacts how the contacts are sorted Alphabetically, but as you scroll down and up and if you look at the top of the screen in that app you will see that instead of A-Z you start with W-A...kinda odd. But if that could be fixed I would indeedy say this is a flawless ROM, besides the known issues, but hey, I know your working out these, and hopefully I shined some new light on new bugs that havent been mentioned... :P

r21 online!

Known Issues

• Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees
  • USB mount notification does not fire - use 'USB Mount' application from menu.

Alpha r21

• Updated Camera application (no other changes)

so quickly!

Thanks, downloading...

hmm the HTC news widget doesn't quite work properly.

the defalt feeds don't show up and when you search it force closes.

I tried removing the widget and recreating it and it did the same.

Also i've got a 0.0dip widget (HTC) which is new but that force closes when you select it.

the calendar widget icon looks weird but seems to working fine.

same with mail and stocks and weather.

Guest 7500usr
Oopsie, forgot to update software version. My bad. :P

P

so is it safe to say that BT is a no go with the desire rom and N1? I have my Desire on order already but was hoping to see a fix for the N1 as well.

Edited by 7500usr

I think this is the correct bit from the logcat from clicking on the 0.0dip widget... :P

I/ActivityManager( 288): Displayed activity com.htc.AddProgramWidget/.WidgetVariationActivity: 94 ms (total 94 ms)

W/dalvikvm( 1227): threadid=15: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b3a0)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1227): Uncaught handler: thread Thread-9 exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime( 1227): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime( 1227): at com.htc.AddProgramWidget.WidgetVariationActivity$DBLoaderThread.run(WidgetVariationActivity.java:105)

I/Process ( 288): Sending signal. PID: 1227 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 1227): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm( 1227): Wrote stack trace to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/DumpStateReceiver( 288): Added state dump to 1 crashes

I/DumpStateReceiver( 288): Added state dump to 1 crashes

D/PowerManagerService( 288): New lightsensor value:225, lcdValue:160

D/dalvikvm( 546): GC freed 1508 objects / 89192 bytes in 98ms

D/StatusBar( 288): performAddUpdateIcon icon=IconData(slot='phone_signal' package=null iconId=10802d2 iconLevel=0) notification=null key=android.os.Binder@46d08208

Guest xandroid

We are getting constantly only minor tweaks with these Alpha updates, but the real issues are still to be solved and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore.

*MMS not sending and receiving

*still no FM radio

*BT connection not stable

these have been in known issues for ages, but still no solution

I can't stress enough the importance of these problems.

And I'm starting to regret the registration for Modaco Plus membership

xandroid, it's been clear for a while that a good number of the issues will be resolved when we get the kernel source.

My MMS seems to work OK?

P

Guest rICHIEa1226
Oopsie, forgot to update software version. My bad. :P

P

Paul,

I can mention a few things to you that are not working and maybe, you can help out. On T-Mobile USA MMS is not sending. The message stays loading as if it were sending, but does not send @ all. Under Setting/ Accounts & Syncs, when attempting to launch the application forcloses on its own, Which I find to be a very important setting so that I make sure all Sync to have my info backed up...When Flashing Aplha 20 or 21 I also noticed that the phone will reboot by itself after the first time of flashing. Do not know what the cause of that may be. Other than that all seems to be working well... Just the minor issues that you have listed... Hopefully you can look into these issues, I really appreciate your time and effort Paul... That is the main reason why I subscribed.. Thank you God Bless... Hope to get a response... :(

We are getting constantly only minor tweaks with these Alpha updates, but the real issues are still to be solved and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore.

*still no FM radio

You should read the first post of the thread where these problems and why they are not solved are clarified.

Guest rICHIEa1226
xandroid, it's been clear for a while that a good number of the issues will be resolved when we get the kernel source.

My MMS seems to work OK?

P

Seems like a lot of the MMS issues are with T-Mobile USA users.. I am in desperate need of getting my MMS to work.. I wonder if anyone has attempted to contact T-Mobile to get the proper setting for MMS... I can only think that we might have them wrong... PLease.. Please.. Please Paul look into this.... I do not regret subscribing @ all... I understand the nature of this and I am being patient.. We just need to give it some time and be happy that there are constant updates on a regular basis... THank you... :P

Guest xandroid

My MMS seems to work OK?

P

since A19 I can't receive or send MMS (Tele2 in Estonia and my APN settings are 100% correct), so I had to restored back to A14, btw the same issue was with N1 stock ROM. OK lets hope that if you receive your Desire and get you hands on the source kernel, will see some great things.

Guest skydart

*still no FM radio

PLEASE do some reading before posting. As of this writing, you only have 3 posts, so you are new to this forum, but PLEASE, before asking any questions, spend 2 hours reading the forum, search for keywords that interest you, and you will learn a lot. In fact, when posting a question, keep in mind that everyone who has been here for more than a week or two will jump all over you for not having done your homework, (reading the forums and searching for your answer). To prevent the embarrassment, do your homework first, and if you have honestly done your research first and still come up empty-handed, everyone here will be happy to answer your question. Just remember, however, 98% of the questions people have on this forum have already been answered, . . . and usually MANY times at that.

The 'minor tweaks' that you are referring to are needed fixes, (that's the idea behind Alpha software). The "real issues" require the kernel, (from what I understand), which Paul has already spent too much time explaining why. These "real issues" will be resolved in time, but let's give the guy a break. Do you know of any other software company that delivers updates to ALPHA software so quickly? The membership is only $15. USD for Adfree, and somewhere around $40 or $50 USD for the highest membership available . . . . . . . more than well worth the investment, even if Paul decided to call it quits today and never offered anything beyond r21. Some applications in the Market Place cost more than your "Madaco Plus Membership". Let's take a minute to put things back into perspective here.

Edited by skydart