MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest k2bk2bk2b
network reception not too good for me after i flashed R21 .. going back to alpha 18.. keep flactuates , from no signal to full , keep going back and forth.

you too? Mind letting me know what network are you on. where too...?

This thread is turing into a post for gossips and flame wars..... its not gonna make it any easier for any newbies to go thru all the pages or search too...

Lets work to keeping this thread mainly related to Desire's Rom for Nexus could we? (I'm sure P would agree)

Guest GodDriven
ehhmm...

Why would Apple allow dual booting with a competing phone OS? That would be stupidest thing they would do, and of course everybody knows this will never happen :-)

ERCHEMMMM......

Okay, ill explain why... you see how paul can do this.. hack the nexus, be a loved pirate like Jack sparrow... We can soon and maybe even now hack the locked BS called an iPhone. I used the 3gs for a little while, I will admit , thank God there were no marital papers involved. The thing is GARBAGE I know I was excited as anyone.... but.... Jesus what in gods name is that. Put it this way, I still have membrance of the damn thing, my audi A6 uses a 64gb IPod touch as a CD, video, hard drive. Cool Right? To a dam extent I say.. I had to pay 2100 to get the AMI (Audi Music Interface) mounted. Then connect the MMI (multimedia interface) to it... see this allows control of the pod as a full CD player if you will....

But the down side is not only did I have to pay for that... then...that...this... I mean argh.... The iPod was pretty steep for too who knows the 64g touch knows...

Meanwhile I had a Droid, soon to have N1 at the time.... perfect running machines with four buttons for device navigation not one.... not a small 3.5 sacredness screen cause really that's done... that's what they've been since day one.. I mean come on with the bull already... what do they have.. nothing.. Look what they've departed to,a brick titled iPad. How, can you do business like this.. I mean the HTC hero was never updated, yet, yeah HTC islazy on updating. Why, cause oxbe people like Paul get the job done. All Apple OS is good for is my MACbook pro.. that's bout it... my nexus Droid, even the Samsung moment my sister has does more. What. a fallure.. a failure... a fluke from the start....

So why would Verizon do it.... cause they have a bussiness that relys on demand and provide. I tell you all forum... I mean this.. don't you even dare doubt Verizon and ther power.... We here call them Nazis for a reason..... They are the only one with the highest tightest fiber optic network known to man... not businesses, man. 91/2 times out of 10 the wire or service belongs to them... Vodafone ring a bell... Funny, they started literally next door... basking ridge with one tower, one dude.... Plus LTE is much more advanced... 4g and wimaxx is a hype. If 4g isn't there on a 4g phone , wanna know something, your on 3g... Wow, what a waste of money.... LTE otherwise is direct, no cut, no lossess, just a service called LTE. Cause 4g is an understatement.. I commend you to look it up.. LTE: Long Term Evolution... :P see... 4g is really an understatement...

Edited by GodDriven

Guest paesan
from r20 to r21 do you need to wipe? i just got settled down in r20...

Purely Dan, did you do any reading in this thread. Wow, people are becoming very lazy.

Paul I have a suggestion, maybe you should put the answers to these redundant questions on the first page.

Edited by paesan

Guest JonnyRockets
Can you see any questions in my post, I just mentioned that these are the real problems that need to be fixed, not adding trackball color notifications etc?

I'm just tired of flashing the ROMs and rediscovering that no big improvements have been made

I hope you get banned. NO ONE owes you ANYTHING

Jesus WHAT the H~LL is wrong with people, thinking they deserve new features every day. Absolutely ridiculous. This type of attitude should be an instant ban.

Guest 7500usr

Jesus WHAT the H~LL is wrong with people, thinking they deserve new features every day. Absolutely ridiculous. This type of attitude should be an instant ban.

+1

if you want a stable rom that does everything you bought the phone for then go back to the stock rom and wait for Google to release updates. I believe on Page 1 of this post it clearly states that this is ALPHA....... Paul and others have been working hard to give us improvements and I think they are doing a fantastic job. Appreciate what you have!!!

ERCHEMMMM......

.... (long quote)

I own both...iPhone and N1 and I still prefer the iPhone because of the APPS. At the moment they are way ahead of Android Markets offerings, even in quality.

I never had a problem with iPhones screen, yeah it's kind of small nowadays, but I'm eagerly waiting for summer and the next iPhone. And I hope the rumors for full feature expose type of multitasking is coming to iPhone OS. That's acutally the only thing I kind of miss while using iPhone.

I even like the one-button-to-do-the-job thing with the iPhone. Nexus one has 4 buttons, which I rarely use. only use the home key very often, the others are pretty much not needed (ok, the back button is ok, but that could be done easily without it, with the touch screen).

Not gonna start the flame war which your rant would cause if this wouldn't be a android specific forum :P

But as you figure yourself...iPhone will never dualboot any other OS. PERIOD. Apple won't allow that, and why would they. They have a app store which is pure gold compared to the competitors (atleast at the moment). And if Verizon would request something like that...well apple would just turn Verizon down, they don't actually need them if they request something like that, you know that right? Of course dreaming is always nice =)

And for the 4G part...there are pretty much no 4G networks in Europe for example, and in US there is only the sprints network if I'm right (i live in scandinavia so I have no idea). Here the operators are just now starting to look to 4G networks and starting to invest to them. So no 4G chip in iPhone this year.

Guest mi_canuck
Confirmed, SMS Long Texting and MMS on a TMOBILE US Carrier works all fine and great! Thanks Paul, a lifesaver!

Did it NOT work when you had A19 (assuming you had A19 :P) and did it start working with r20 or r21??

thnx

Guest rICHIEa1226
Did it NOT work when you had A19 (assuming you had A19 :P) and did it start working with r20 or r21??

thnx

I wiped all settings like some one mentioned earlier, still can not send MMS...

Guest LilRedzMD
May I ask yoy, what did you do to get it to work?? Did you wipe all settings like the other person listed above?? Thanks

I downloaded and SAVED Alpha r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM

I renamed the zip file to Update

I Cut the Zip File

I transferred the Zip File to SD Card

I ejected the SD Card

I put my SD Card back into my Nexus One

I gained access to Bootloader on my Nexus One

I wiped DelVik/Cache

I wiped System

I flashed from SD Card

Selected Option Update.zip

Baking

Reboot

Guest GodDriven

LoL.. I almost pissed myself..

Guest mi_canuck
I wiped all settings like some one mentioned earlier, still can not send MMS...

ok - can people that say ' i did a wipe - my mms is still not working ' please also indicate what ROM their are on...

not directing this specifically at your richie... just that people post - i wiped and now X is not working... ok... with that rom... 19, 20, 21... 14? WHAT????????

Guest LilRedzMD
Apple would not EVER allow their phone to dual boot Android. End of.

Anyway, quite a good April 1st I guess :P

I so agree. Lol. Already at war with each other, oh now they wanna say kiss and make-up, please. I agree, a nice April Fools!

Guest LilRedzMD

thnx

Yeah it kept giving me an error of "Message Not Sent" in A19, R20 Fixed that and R21 follow-up with the camera flash worked, fine also.

Guest mi_canuck
I renamed the zip file to Update

I Cut the Zip File

2 questions...

1) I use the Amon RA recovery... and it doesn require renaming to 'update.zip'.... are you using a different Recovery image? if not, does rename to update.zip do anything, even if it will install with the default <longfilename>.zip ?

2) what is "cut the zip file" ? sorry not familiar with this... first i've heard this...

thnx!

Guest LilRedzMD

Also to confirm, my network connection, is fine, does not fluctuate and is very stable signal. Carries H Signal with 3 or more bars most places. Rarely goes in EDGE unless in my basement. Im Located in Maryland, United States.

Guest LilRedzMD
2 questions...

1) I use the Amon RA recovery... and it doesn require renaming to 'update.zip'.... are you using a different Recovery image? if not, does rename to update.zip do anything, even if it will install with the default <longfilename>.zip ?

2) what is "cut the zip file" ? sorry not familiar with this... first i've heard this...

thnx!

1) I am using the same recovery, I chose to rename it update, because thats how I was taught.

2) I cut the zip file from the location of where it is downloaded from and paste to the SD Card

Guest GodDriven
I own both...iPhone and N1 and I still prefer the iPhone because of the APPS. At the moment they are way ahead of Android Markets offerings, even in quality.

I never had a problem with iPhones screen, yeah it's kind of small nowadays, but I'm eagerly waiting for summer and the next iPhone. And I hope the rumors for full feature expose type of multitasking is coming to iPhone OS. That's acutally the only thing I kind of miss while using iPhone.

I even like the one-button-to-do-the-job thing with the iPhone. Nexus one has 4 buttons, which I rarely use. only use the home key very often, the others are pretty much not needed (ok, the back button is ok, but that could be done easily without it, with the touch screen).

Not gonna start the flame war which your rant would cause if this wouldn't be a android specific forum :P

But as you figure yourself...iPhone will never dualboot any other OS. PERIOD. Apple won't allow that, and why would they. They have a app store which is pure gold compared to the competitors (atleast at the moment). And if Verizon would request something like that...well apple would just turn Verizon down, they don't actually need them if they request something like that, you know that right? Of course dreaming is always nice =)

And for the 4G part...there are pretty much no 4G networks in Europe for example, and in US there is only the sprints network if I'm right (i live in scandinavia so I have no idea). Here the operators are just now starting to look to 4G networks and starting to invest to them. So no 4G chip in iPhone this year.

Yeah, Your right.. This was a great discussion.. Now we should all keep it on topic.. :( This is great to see that we all think alike and in some ways even ponder the same..

I so agree. Lol. Already at war with each other, oh now they wanna say kiss and make-up, please. I agree, a nice April Fools!

Kiss and Make UP.. Apple and Google...

Honey, They did a long, long time ago.. They're cool.. If you knew a little more in depth as i do from continuous sources and reading, Steve Jobs is the Little nofty Bi*** in this whole mees.. He is jelous that a small comapny like Google can sweep theyr entire market off the florr. Make them fall on theri face..

See, It was a great convo, but I still have to say..

What A Fallible.. What A Failure.. What A Disgrace..

1) it doesnt matter what the zip is called, as long as its on the root of the memory card. Amon RA's recovery will see it...

2) cut = move, like copy and paste except cut and paste...

Guest GodDriven
1) I am using the same recovery, I chose to rename it update, because thats how I was taught.

2) I cut the zip file from the location of where it is downloaded from and paste to the SD Card

Now.. NOw.. Thats great.. Its always good to ask.

No nameing is needed.. Yes.. All files go on the SD..

Try and see if you can update to this if you haven't..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829

Guest GodDriven

NanDroid Issues..

Hey Guys I have a question.. When I try to run a nandroid restore.. It gives me, run nandroidrestore.sh

I never can see what this means... I always end up having to reflash a CUSTOM rom to open it back up again.. I also noticed that if you initially flashed.. You need to reboot once, maybe twice, to then get it to restore.. Plus if none of those work. I have to open it up by making a nandroid and then choosing a restore.. It's like it looses its spot, or id or something..

Insight Please? Paul..? You've been very silent today.. Now that you have your new toys.. :P

Thanks In advance Guys..

"you will also get this error if your battery is low" I saw this on another site.. Could this be it also.. I have 23% a little yellow.. Yesterday I had the same issue with the same battery length.. But. It restored and when it did I dint get a chance to see thew tight end of how it actually did.. Thanks Guys..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest mi_canuck
NanDroid Issues..

Hey Guys I have a question.. When I try to run a nandroid restore.. It gives me, run nandroidrestore.sh

I never can see what this means... I always end up having to reflash a CUSTOM rom to open it back up again.. I also noticed that if you initially flashed.. You need to reboot once, maybe twice, to then get it to restore.. Plus if none of those work. I have to open it up by making a nandroid and then choosing a restore.. It's like it looses its spot, or id or something..

Insight Please? Paul..? You've been very silent today.. Now that you have your new toys.. :(

Also, if anyone is in need for a Fresh Droid or New N1.. Please PM me.. Or grab me on twitter.. @PlankLongBeard..

Thanks In advance Guys..

i've had this message too... i had 3 nandroid backups (when viewing through the Amon Ra 'back/restore>nand restore' screen... first one gave me that message, and my latest one gave it to me... the middle one worked... since i was at work at the time, and my windows machine at work won't do adb for some reason (stupid driver wont' work even after reinstalling a million times)... so when i did my last wipe and back to A19, i just didn't restore from nand, and used my Titanium backup... not great but better than nothing...

so in any case... i have the same question you do... wtf is the best way to get a nand backup to actually work????? :P