MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest deanesn
No Confusion.. I am partitioned. thanks Guys.. I don't know why people get confused..

I think its what are the values when doing initially..

What does the swap do..

plus.. Where do all the apps that I have go.. Should I[buninstall everything and then re-install.. So theyre off the devices ram..

Also.. doing apps2sd speeds the device up correct? Cause the device stores the apk in ram?

Lol a lot of questions. :P

Swap is used when your ram is filled at least thats how it is used by linux platforms. I was reading somewhere on the xda-developers that is not need if we do Apps2SD. I created it because it did not hurt. EDIT: read joelee's post few above this one and it has the explaination to why it is useless.

all the apps go in the app folder on your sd card if you have already flash your phone with the rom then go into spare parts and use that to move them and if that does not work you will have to reflash. Hope this helps.

No apps2sd does not speed up your device since your sd card is a lot slower but it gives you ton of space if you are app junkie. apps2sd is to overcome the problem of your device running out of space. If you had an iphone or some N series nokia with 8-16-32 GBs of space you wouldn't have to worry about this.

Edited by deanesn

Guest GodDriven
Lol a lot of questions. :P

Swap is used when your ram is filled at least thats how it is used by linux platforms. I was reading somewhere on the xda-developers that is not need if we do Apps2SD. I created it because it did not hurt. EDIT: read joelee's post few above this one and it has the explaination to why it is useless.

all the apps go in the app folder on your sd card if you have already flash your phone with the rom then go into spare parts and use that to move them and if that does not work you will have to reflash. Hope this helps.

No apps2sd does not speed up your device since your sd card is a lot slower but it gives you ton of space if you are app junkie. apps2sd is to overcome the problem of your device running out of space. If you had an iphone or some N series nokia with 8-16-32 GBs of space you wouldn't have to worry about this.

Now.. I am set.. Thanks..

I was wondering will it affect Pauls Desire build.. Since I have never done it.. And all my roms from the Kitchen are Apps2sd free, I am now going to bake one with it enabled.. So with the swap issue.. This won't affect it.. it's just good to have it around.. Or should I unformat.. and do one without swap..

Guest treich007
I cannot get this to work either. Anyone have a work around or is it on the to do list to fix?

I got Google Voice to work as my voicemail by going to settings/call/Voicemail service and selecting Google Voice. While the phone says it is processing press the home button and then it changes. I then went back in and it said Google Voice under Voicemail service. I also called myself and left a voicemail and it went through Google voice and not my carrier.

Guest briangnyc
has anyone a link to a19 , i've tried r21 , but am using Touchdown for email, and the text is all over the place, it worked fine with a19,

Cheers

Did you do a full wipe prior to flashing the newer rom? I am usng Touchdown and it is working fine with r21. Not sure what you mean by text all over the place but I went through the settings, received and replyed to some emails and it all appeared fine.

I did a Titanium Backup before flashing and simply restored all my apps afterwards.

Hope you get it to cooperate :-)

Guest deanesn
Now.. I am set.. Thanks..

I was wondering will it affect Pauls Desire build.. Since I have never done it.. And all my roms from the Kitchen are Apps2sd free, I am now going to bake one with it enabled.. So with the swap issue.. This won't affect it.. it's just good to have it around.. Or should I unformat.. and do one without swap..

I am not sure if it necessary in order to work. Like joelee said if it is disabled in all HTC roms then i would get rid of it, but when you have 16 GBs and the swap is 64 MBs i would not even bother. :P Maybe Paul enabled in his port but i do not know.

Guest jutley

somebody anybody please apps2sd step2step guide for amons v1.70 recovery on desire rom anyone got it working? yes well share your settings with us and instructions clear instructions like step1 step2 thankyou.

Guest gg_monogram
somebody anybody please apps2sd step2step guide for amons v1.70 recovery on desire rom anyone got it working? yes well share your settings with us and instructions clear instructions like step1 step2 thankyou.

just checked my rootexplorer for some font replacement, realized that my nexus has only 3.3MB left... 141.xMB used...... how do I get more space for further usage?????? :P

Guest joelee

See Amon_RA's v1.7.0 page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829

Read that LARGE BOLD RED text under Important Notes. v1.7.0 Apps2SD only supports CM v5.0.5. All other ROM, use v1.6.2

Guest rICHIEa1226

Well I have tried everything possible that I can plan on coming up with.

These were my steps.

#1 I did a wipe of all

#2 I performed a nan restore

#3 I opened up my stock N1 Rom and sent a coouple of pictures with them

#4 I downloaded APN back up & restore

#5 I backed my APN up.

#6 I performed a full wipe of all again

#7 I Flashed Madaco Alpha 21 again

#8 I restored the APN that I backed up with APN back up * restore

#9 I sent an MMS message

#10 I still could not send an MMS

Does anyone have any other Idea that I can come up with. I thought this will work as I saw there was some setting in the Password but the had **** so I could not see them.

Someone please help with MMS!!!! Thanks!!!!

Guest jutley

•Version v1.7.0 supports the new Apps2SD method (CM v5.0.5), the old method is no longer supported!

•Please use version v1.6.2 if you still require support for the old Apps2SD method!

Paul can you update the desire rom to the above apps2sd script please alot of people requesting thanks great work

Guest houstonblaney1
•Version v1.7.0 supports the new Apps2SD method (CM v5.0.5), the old method is no longer supported!

•Please use version v1.6.2 if you still require support for the old Apps2SD method!

Paul can you update the desire rom to the above apps2sd script please alot of people requesting thanks great work

The Amon v1.7.0 method is loads easier. I had it working with a baked CM 5.0.5.3 ROM from the MoDaCo kitchen. Virtually no effort to get it working. 32MB swap, 512MB ext2, and rest FAT32.

It would be great to see the newer apps2sd method supported in P's Desire ROMs. I'm personally partial towards HTC Sense (okay, maybe I'm just a superficial whore), but the builds are really quick. I just got a baked R21 ROM so I'm going to flash that and see how things go. A19 has been extremely good to me so far (with the exception of the clock widget issue, which no one seems to be having a problem with). If someone could point out anything related to the clock widget issue I've been having, it'd be greatly appreciated (referring to the following post: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1232719).

For what's-his-name bitching about stuff not working even though he's spent a hard-earned 15 bucks. I have only this to say: GO BACK TO STOCK! $15.00 is a small price to pay for the resource we have here in P/MoDaCo and the forum in general. In my own humble opinion, it's a better customer service experience because you have a large pool of knowledge floating around (albeit sometimes in a "too technical" form of speech). Besides, do you think any other company is going to kick out so many ROM updates anywhere as fast as P? Be grateful.

Again, thanks P for the hard work. I learned way back with my HTC Fuze that, for the most part, once you flash, you never go back (to stock ROMs that is; and this has nothing to do with a trenchcoat and no skivvies).

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest joelee

If you are using v1.7.0, you can manually partition your SDCard for this ROM. See:

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-t...ndroid-apps2sd/

I have v1.7.0 too and I use fdisk, mke2fs and tune2fs to manually partitioned my sdcard.

Paul is currently busy (for our benefits) with his 2 new toys (Desire & Legend). He has managed to root them, and still working to get /system to read write.

Guest briangnyc
I did the whole wipe and I still can not send the MMS.. I am on Aplha 21.. I have it saved on my SD card, so I just wiped all from the phone. It put the MMS settings in there are a cooked the APN settings in my ROM, but it just says its sending and does not send.. Any other suggestions???

I had the 160 character limitation in Alpha 19. It was fixed in Alpha 20 and still works in Alpha 21.

MMS has also worked for me in 19, 20 & 21.

My location is New York, NY USA.

APN settings are as follows:

Name = T-Mobile US

APN = epc.tmobile.com

Proxy = <not set>

Port = <not set>

Username = None

Password = blank (as in nothing is written in the box)

Server = blank (as in nothing is written in the box)

MMSC = http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy = <not set>

MMS port = <not set>

MMS Protocol = WAP 2.0

MCC = 310

MNC = 260

Authentication type = <not set>

APN type = <not set>

Edited by briangnyc

Guest DKressel

just installed r21 and my system info says r20, lol. went from r19 -> r21 with a wipe. did u just forget to update this Paul?

THNX TEAM!

Guest rICHIEa1226
I had the 160 character limitation in Alpha 19. It was fixed in Alpha 20 and still works in Alpha 21.

MMS has also worked for me in 19, 20 & 21.

My location is New York, NY USA.

APN settings are as follows:

Name = T-Mobile US

APM = epc.tmobile.com

Proxy = <not set>

Port = <not set>

Username = None

Password = blank (as in nothing is written in the box)

Server = blank (as in nothing is written in the box)

MMSC = http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy = <not set>

MMS port = <not set>

MMS Protocol = WAP 2.0

MCC =

MNC = 260

Authentication type = <not set>

APN type = <not set>

I

I will attempt these settings now.. I am getting so fustrated.. i am about to just say badword this damn ROm and switch it up.. It suck man!!!!

Guest rICHIEa1226

I have a question for all those that have MMS working.. I will like some responses to this so please help out... Did anyone replace the Messaging when they cooked there rom to the stock N1 messaging, or did they leave the messaging settings that Paul had put in the ROm. This could be the only solution I can come up with when it comes to my MMS not working. I have tried sooooooo, many different setings and nothing seems to come up... When I get home i will try to bake up another ROM with Pauls messaging in it, Hopefully, Just Hopefully that will fix my problem, But I will like to know if anyone has put the original messaging or left the one that came with the ROM???? Thanks !!!!

Guest mudrock1000

Does it need wipe?

AND once again, the timestamps after texting past twelve are still there. Am i REALLY the only what that is bothered by this?

Guest briangnyc

Things you need:

1. Computer (to backup your SD Card)

2. USB Cable

3. Desire Rom with Apps2SD option baked in.

4. A little patience to get it done.

Make sure you have baked your Desire Rom with the Apps2SD option checked as this is a script that you must have in order for Apps2SD to work!

WARNING - BACKUP YOUR SD CARD - These instructions will wipe the contents of your SD Card.[/b]

Yes, I have it working and below instructions are assuming that you are going to do a fresh install of the Desire ROM with Apps2SD and all your Apps.

Step 1. Backup the contents of your SD Card to your computer or whatever you choose.

Step 2. Power off your phone.

Step 3. Boot into recovery mode by depressing the DOWN Volume Key and while holding it down press the power key to boot into recovery.

HINT: You should now be at a white screen with little androids at the bottom. The phone will check a couple of things and flash a few items on the screen and FASTBOOT will be highlighted.

Step 4. Press your DOWN Volume Key 1 time so that RECOVERY is highlighted.

Step 5. Press the Power Key 1 time and wait a few seconds. You should now be at the recovery screen.

Step 6. With your trackball move down to Partition SD card and press the trackball 1 time to get to the next menu.

Step 7. on this menu, Partiton SD should be highlighted so go ahead and press your trackball 1 time. Remember, you are wiping your SD Card, so think long and hard before proceeding! Did you back up the contents??????

Step 8. The first part of the partitioning process is for the Swap file and it will automatically be set to 32. Gently Spin your trackball and change it to "0" and press the trackball 1 time. If someone can shed some light on the Swap File, please do as I am only suggesting settings that I know work and I don't think this swap file is needed so why waste the space.

Step 9 Now you are presented with the option for the EXT Partition size and it will be defaulted for 512. This should be more than enough space for most but if you want to make it larger you can by gently spinning your trackball to the desired size. Personally I use 640, but its up to you. Once you have your desired size, press the trackball.

Step 10. The remaining part of your SD card will be partitoned for FAT32 and I believe you have to press the trackball one more time to start the process. ( I am doing this from memory, but if you have gotten this far you won't have a problem) Your card will now be formatted with an EXT 2 partiton and the rest Fat 32.

Step 11. Once the format process is finished you will be back at the Partiton SD card menu and need to upgrade your EXT2 partition. With your track ball move down to SD ext2 to ext 3 and press the trackball to upgrade the partiton to EXT 3. Once complete you will be back at the Partiton SD card menu.

Step 12. With your Trackball move down to SD: ext3 to ext4 and press the trackball to upgrade from ext3 to ext4. (I'm pretty sure you don't have to upgrade to EXT4 but I do and it works fine)

You should be good to go on your partitions.

Hint: Now that your SD Card has been wiped and formatted, from within recovery you can Toggle on USB and copy your ROM over to your SD for Flashing. Make sure after you copy it over you Toggle off the USB before flashing. Navigating the recovery menu is done with combinations of the Volume Key and Trackball. Also you will want to do a complete wipe of Dalvik, Etc. before flashing.

Some apps2sd methods show up as secondary partitions under your SD card info. This particular method does not show that information but it is very obvious when you have 150 apps installed and still have 100 MB available. I;m sure yo can use root explorer or another app to explore the EXT partiton.

Hope this helps!

Guest kroosh@android

Choosing the Arabic pack renders applications like the browser and email FC. If it's the same version of aalsand on N1 then it's known it will won't work.... I wish you can fix it.

Guest briangnyc
If you are using v1.7.0, you can manually partition your SDCard for this ROM. See:

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-t...ndroid-apps2sd/

I have v1.7.0 too and I use fdisk, mke2fs and tune2fs to manually partitioned my sdcard.

Paul is currently busy (for our benefits) with his 2 new toys (Desire & Legend). He has managed to root them, and still working to get /system to read write.

I used 1.7.0 to partiton my SD Card for the Desire Rom w/Apps2SD and it worked fine. I don't think the difference is in the partitioning process perhaps the Nandroid Backup or Google Apps backup portion of it.

Guest briangnyc
I have a question for all those that have MMS working.. I will like some responses to this so please help out... Did anyone replace the Messaging when they cooked there rom to the stock N1 messaging, or did they leave the messaging settings that Paul had put in the ROm. This could be the only solution I can come up with when it comes to my MMS not working. I have tried sooooooo, many different setings and nothing seems to come up... When I get home i will try to bake up another ROM with Pauls messaging in it, Hopefully, Just Hopefully that will fix my problem, But I will like to know if anyone has put the original messaging or left the one that came with the ROM???? Thanks !!!!

I am using the Stock N-1 Messaging App but along with that I also use Handcent Messaging App. I did test it though and both apps work.

Double check the following:

Notice the APN settings I posted. For APN it is epc.tmobile.com (no dash between the t & m in TMOBILE) whereas in the MMS settings there is a dash between the t & m in

t-mobile. This is extremely important as MMS will not work without that dash!

Guest sftechiegirl

I'm using the desire messaging app and my MMS is fine. Incoming picture looks blurry, but send and receive with no problems.

I am using the Stock N-1 Messaging App but along with that I also use Handcent Messaging App. I did test it though and both apps work.

Guest pctan1584

i initially had problems with MMS, was able to fix it by,

setting the mms apn, apn type to "mms", while the internet apn, apn type to "default"