MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rICHIEa1226

I just flashed 2 Roms, Both with the same APN settings as eachother.. The one I flashed with Madacos messaging was able to send MMS with no problems. I flashed it again and but it with the messaging option and again it does not send MMS.. So if that was something you did you might want to leave it the was Modaco had it. I also did a nan restore and sent a MMS first. After it went through I downloaded APN back up & restore. When you flash the phone again, make sure you do not restore the back up that is saved on your SD card. Just start the phone from scrath.. Everything should be in the settings by itself..

Guest Raspster

Anyone notice that facebook contact pics don't update? They will ad them on your initial first sync but if someone changes their profile pic, it's not changing in my pic's for them. I still have the first pic when it first sync'd. All their updates come thru just fine. Anyone else have this problem? Also, I have not done version 21 yet but was wondering if the backlight on the leds were fixed with this update.

Edited by Raspster

Guest rICHIEa1226

MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS !!!!!!!

OK My MMS friends... I can Actually confirm that my MMS is working and these instructions will explain how.. So many people have helped me out on here so I figure I will do the same for others. Follow the instructions below... I did it twice and it worked....

1St subscribe to Madacos membership... Its the best thing you can do and I feel like supporting what he does for use is great as it takes a lot of time to do what he does...

#2 Bake yourself a Rom, When baking the Rom DO NOT select the option to have use the N1 messaging and DO NOT select the APN listing settings. Leave it on the HTC messaging (I know thw N1 is better, but hey you cant have your cake and eat it to)

#3 Drag the file downloaded to your desktop, so that you do not confuse it with a previously downloaded one.

#4 Do a nanad restore on the phone. ( restore the phone back to factory)

#5 With the phone back to the stock N1 rom, send yourself a picture and mke sure the picture goes through.. Yes you can send it to yourself.

#6 Go into the market and download APN Back Up & restore.

, make sure you select the option to delete any backed up ones, just in case one of the other ones have saved in there.

#7 Now that you have backed up the APN and got the ROM baked, its time to flash the phone again, When flashing make sure you wipe all except the SD Partition. All the other options can be wiped out.

#8 Now Flash the phone to the ROM that we baked earlier in these instructions. do not attemot to send pictures right away. Give it some time and let the phone think

#9 Go into your APN settings and check that all is there, the phone should read the back up by itself. If all is filled, open your messaging and attempt to send an MMS..

WHOLA!!!! It should work!!!!Good luck.... I have been @ this for a week now!!!!!!!!!!

Guest deanesn
MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS MMS !!!!!!!

OK My MMS friends... I can Actually confirm that my MMS is working and these instructions will explain how.. So many people have helped me out on here so I figure I will do the same for others. Follow the instructions below... I did it twice and it worked....

1St subscribe to Madacos membership... Its the best thing you can do and I feel like supporting what he does for use is great as it takes a lot of time to do what he does...

#2 Bake yourself a Rom, When baking the Rom DO NOT select the option to have use the N1 messaging and DO NOT select the APN listing settings. Leave it on the HTC messaging (I know thw N1 is better, but hey you cant have your cake and eat it to)

#3 Drag the file downloaded to your desktop, so that you do not confuse it with a previously downloaded one.

#4 Do a nanad restore on the phone. ( restore the phone back to factory)

#5 With the phone back to the stock N1 rom, send yourself a picture and mke sure the picture goes through.. Yes you can send it to yourself.

#6 Go into the market and download APN Back Up & restore.

, make sure you select the option to delete any backed up ones, just in case one of the other ones have saved in there.

#7 Now that you have backed up the APN and got the ROM baked, its time to flash the phone again, When flashing make sure you wipe all except the SD Partition. All the other options can be wiped out.

#8 Now Flash the phone to the ROM that we baked earlier in these instructions. do not attemot to send pictures right away. Give it some time and let the phone think

#9 Go into your APN settings and check that all is there, the phone should read the back up by itself. If all is filled, open your messaging and attempt to send an MMS..

WHOLA!!!! It should work!!!!Good luck.... I have been @ this for a week now!!!!!!!!!!

I thought u had said that it did not work for you earlier? Glad to hear u have finally got your issue resolve. :P

Guest rICHIEa1226
i initially had problems with MMS, was able to fix it by,

setting the mms apn, apn type to "mms", while the internet apn, apn type to "default"

I do not understand, there is only one option for APN type

Guest rICHIEa1226
I thought u had said that it did not work for you earlier? Glad to hear u have finally got your issue resolve. :P

THANKS!!! Dont know how it worked, but it worked. I wanted it with the stock Messages Icon, but beggars cant be choosers.. Have a good night!!!

Guest rICHIEa1226

Another issue I have noticed is, the MMS does not want to go through handscent... When you use the HTC messaging it turns it into a so Called slide show.. As the handscent does not

Ok i might be in trouble here as i am mostly not following what you guys are talking about most of the time but here goes. I down loaded 21 and it wouldnt load even with a wipe so i went through and tried to do a restore. I kept getting a error saying i cant restore. Started panicing. Still had 19 on my computer and installed that to the card and luckily that loaded so i am back to 19 and everything is working great except i now get a error when i try to use torch. Does these mean i lose root??? Is there a reason my backup wont work????? helllllpppppp

Guest MrAce87

is it a bug that my web browser doesn't work when using data? it works when using Wifi. Everything else seems to work on data. I've wiped everything but the partition option and it's still not working. I just reflashed it and we'll see what happens

edit: nope. not working. :-?

Edited by MrAce87

Guest GodDriven

Question..

I see that 1.7.0 supports Cyan... A2SD

If I download r21 again.. Does it have to have 1.6.2 as my recovery for it to work..? A2SD

I have seen a lot of people asking if it "actually" works.. But.. now most of those people "must/might" be on 1.7.0 So hence the failure..

I am asking so when I make a nandroid.. I can backup.. then have 1.6.2. in my SD and then use my Protocol App and terminal it in.. Then restore and flash a A2sd enabled desire?

Guest sasha26

I did a search and could not find a solution, maybe I'm just too tired. So, if this has been covered before, please don't flame me...

I can open the browser by pressing the search softkey, and it opens google on the browser just fine.

BUT, if I use a bookmark from the bookmarks widget, or even type the address into the address bar, the page I am requesting will load to about 95%, then the browser CLOSES. Not a force close, no FC message, it just puts me back to the homescreen with the widget on it. It's driving me crazy!

I came from Alpha 17, did a full wipe and everything before I flashed Alpha r21.

I used the regular download WITH the addons, does that have something to do with it? Everything else seems to work as expected for this version of the alpha.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sasha26

Guest deanesn
I did a search and could not find a solution, maybe I'm just too tired. So, if this has been covered before, please don't flame me...

I can open the browser by pressing the search softkey, and it opens google on the browser just fine.

BUT, if I use a bookmark from the bookmarks widget, or even type the address into the address bar, the page I am requesting will load to about 95%, then the browser CLOSES. Not a force close, no FC message, it just puts me back to the homescreen with the widget on it. It's driving me crazy!

I came from Alpha 17, did a full wipe and everything before I flashed Alpha r21.

I used the regular download WITH the addons, does that have something to do with it? Everything else seems to work as expected for this version of the alpha.

Thanks in advance!

Did you apply an overclocked kernel or and themes? The same thing happened to the FM radio app after I applied overclocked kernel and transparent notification bar and kspec battery icon. Not sure which one broke it. One thing to try is to turn off the mobile view under the settings and if it is off then try it on.

Guest crawler9

I've been having problems with my SMS... I can send and receive messages. But the date/time won't show up correctly some of the time, causing the messages I receive to go to different places in the thread. For example, I send a message at 12:02AM April 2nd... This showed up at the bottom of my thread. I received a response, which showed up at the top marked as 12:03AM April 1st. Any way to fix this? As a temporary solution, I'm using Handcent SMS. The messages show up in the right order there.

Running Alpha r21 Nexus One

Kernel Version 2.6.33.1 OC-UV By Pershoot and Persiansown

Radio 4.04.00.03_2

Edited by crawler9

Thanks for all the hard work, Paul! Unfortunately as much as I love this ROM, I'm going to Cyanogen for now until the kernel sources are out so that the big issues can be fixed and the whole thing made more stable.

Not angry or anything lol, just stating it, and keep up the good work! Glad I got the subscription, got me up and running quickly with modding my Nexus One after I read how to do it and understood the concepts. Looking forward to try this when you get your hands on the sources :P

And for everyone who desperately needs the Desire ROM with working FM radio, bluetooth, and everything else.. Get yourself an HTC Desire or similar phone :( That's the real solution lol...

I'll miss the beauty of sense!

sns.

Guest Vincent Perez

I got my MMS working on an AT&T 3G Nexus One. Must be a Modaco premium member for this solution:

1. Wipe, and go back to the stock Nexus One ROM

2. Send and Receive an MMS

3. Download "APN Backup and Restore"

4. Backup APNs

5. Wipe, and Flash to Custom Alpha r21 (Select N1 Messaging App to replace Sense Messaging App)

6. Download "APN Backup and Restore" again.

7. Restore APNs

8. Reboot Phone

9. Go and MMS all u want!

This solution not only uses the better Messaging Application over the laggy Sense one, but it also sends and receives Pics the way the Stock Rom does...no more of that ugly blurry slideshow crap lol. ENJOY!

Once again, this worked on my Nexus One for AT&T 3G

Guest xakashi
you too? Mind letting me know what network are you on. where too...?

This thread is turing into a post for gossips and flame wars..... its not gonna make it any easier for any newbies to go thru all the pages or search too...

Lets work to keeping this thread mainly related to Desire's Rom for Nexus could we? (I'm sure P would agree)

i'm on Singtel 3G network. Singapore :P just to update , after i've flashed back to A18 , everything works.

Guest ranblv
is it a bug that my web browser doesn't work when using data? it works when using Wifi. Everything else seems to work on data. I've wiped everything but the partition option and it's still not working. I just reflashed it and we'll see what happens

edit: nope. not working. :-?

I had the same problem I turned mobile networks off in "settings", rebooted and turned it on again and it works for me now.

Guest MrAce87
I had the same problem I turned mobile networks off in "settings", rebooted and turned it on again and it works for me now.

thanks for your reply, tried it but it still doesn't work. I've wiped and flashed over and over and it still doesn't work. i'll try the next release whenever it comes out. for now, im going back to CM or try r13

Guest katermuc

someone having problems with the touchscreen on r17-19? after a couple of minutes the bottom of the screen doesn't react as it should. When I press the power button and turn the screen on again, everything works again. happens all the time :-(

Guest carlo roxas

I tried A19 before and last night I tried R21. My Nexus One is very slow with R21. Screen flickers and 2G/3G network fluctuates. I'm using SMART by the way in the Philippines.

Hope to see a stable one in the coming months or weeks :P Keep up the good work. I'm definitely signing up for a paid subscription by next week :(

OLD VERSION KITCHEN: (by request) - Alpha 19