MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest TinyEri01
Dude who are you to suggest me to banned. I can say what I please. If I feel a sort of type of way I have the right to voice my opinion, idiot.

Not on a private forum you don't. All of our accounts exist on this site by the graces of the site admins. He may not have the power to enforce anything, but I seriously doubt you have a free reign here.

Guest johnluckey

Welcome Back Paul!

I love the Desire r21 release and was wondering if you are going to be doing any more work on the ROM? The reason I ask is I am going on vacation early June and will be using my bluetooth headset for workouts. I am so familiar with the HTC Sense items that I should probably get used to using the original Apps for the nexus becasue I dont want to bring two devices just to listen to my music. I read some posts talking about the kernel for the desire ROM being unavailible, I was just wanting to know if it's going to be awhile to for any fixes.

I hate to sound inpatient, I'm just not real tech savy so figured I should prepare myself to use the regular cyanogen if need be. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Cheers from Iraq.

Guest houstonblaney1

It's interesting how civility has transformed into hostility in Paul's absence. I joke about "The Island of Misfit Toys", but it is increasingly becoming apparent an "Island of Misfit Kids" might also be necessary.

It baffled me how some people tend to get extremely bent out of shape just because they can't get what they want when they want it. The fact of the matter is that there is an awesome resource here in Paul/MoDaCo. No question about it. The time required to break apart code is immense, and this is especially true when attempting to port something to a device that was meant to run something else. It is also true, however, that Paul's work on the Desire port is not the only work he does for this fantastic website.

That being said, I'm sure some here might think that a MoDaCo Adfree or MoDaCo Plus subscription automatically entitles them to immediate service and updates at warp speed. You should know, obviously, that the subscriptions won't get you updates any faster than the average Joe that's on here simply as a guest. In my opinion, a subscription is worth it even at twice or thrice the price just because of the ROM kitchens. A truly awesome feature indeed.

Paul stated earlier this month that he was taking a two week holiday. Considering how much he has done for our beloved Android community, I will be the first to say he deserves some time off (besides, anyone else root a Desire lately?). Sometimes you need a break to regain, or improve, your focus. The Iceland volcano fiasco, unfortunately left Paul in a place that was already deficient in decent internet access. So what! It was only a couple extra weeks. Give the guy a break. He got to spend a few more days in the sun. My phone is still humming along fine. It hasn't caught fire. It's not a brick (hopefully not any time soon either). So Paul had a few extra days in the sun. Big deal. The world has continued to rotate and we're all still alive.

I hope we can all realize that few things in life are truly "on demand." This is not one of those things. I personally think the "customer service" is better than what the big companies provide, but it can only remain such a quality resource for us users/customers if we treat it with a little respect and good nature. If you want a fun, dedicated group of Android enthusiasts/fans/nuts/crazine/junkies, then this certainly is the place for you. If you want the world at your beck and call, then you ought to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the hard work Paul. I wish some of the others understood the trials and tribulations of programming/developers. Looking forward to whatever comes next!

Guest irenic

while i'm appreciate and always thankful for the effort Paul did for us, especially porting the Desire rom, i hope he wont forget us the nexus one user..haha i know that because me too somehow will enjoy playing new toy and eager to explore it more than older stuff (desire vs nexus one)

i just hope the work he is doing now for desire will bring benefits to us the nexus one user too! :huh:

Guest Sylar2010

...Especially when Paul is doing it for free!

Thanks to him you have two devices in one, you just have to give him time like he said so he could build a strong and stable ROM with major bugs fixed (BT, GPS, lights...) He said yesterday night on Twitter that he still didn't get a hand on the official Desire Kernel so how would he fix BT without it?

You can run Enomther ROM plus NExtheme just fine while waiting that Paul can have all resources in hand and unleash the beast!

Guest TecKnight

Just wanted to let you know Paul, their are a great many people here than REALLY APPRECIATE the work you have done and are doing for no pay and very little thanks. I am extremely pleased with my r21.

Several times each day I note how much more responsive my Nexus One is with your ROM and how much better the interface is.

You are the man in my book !!!

TecKnight

Guest irenic
...Especially when Paul is doing it for free!

Thanks to him you have two devices in one, you just have to give him time like he said so he could build a strong and stable ROM with major bugs fixed (BT, GPS, lights...) He said yesterday night on Twitter that he still didn't get a hand on the official Desire Kernel so how would he fix BT without it?

You can run Enomther ROM plus NExtheme just fine while waiting that Paul can have all resources in hand and unleash the beast!

u are absolutely correct on this. if anyone here is claiming he did paid for all this, be remind that the one u guys paid is called donation.. DONATION. so u r not paying Paul. :huh:

Guest Aspergillus
Dude who are you to suggest me to banned. I can say what I please. If I feel a sort of type of way I have the right to voice my opinion, idiot.

No you don't. You are a guest here and the host will decide what he'll allow you to do in his house.

You don't have any rights here. If i'd be the host i'd kick you out.

You are a really unfriendly unthankful person. If you can do it better do it.. otherwise keep quiet.

But anyway.. Actually we are all on Beta 3 allready.. but we had to promise to not give it to you.

Regards

Aspi

PS: I hope you had a good hollyday Paul. Thanks for everything.

Take your time.

Guest AndyCr15
u are absolutely correct on this. if anyone here is claiming he did paid for all this, be remind that the one u guys paid is called donation.. DONATION. so u r not paying Paul. :huh:

While I'm on the side of 'give Paul a break, he's been on holiday and struggled to get back' etc. I think we may be sailing into not so clear water here.

If it was a donation, I could have given whatever I like. I couldn't, I had to pay £10 to get access to the better things of the site. Does Paul not own this site? Is it his business? If it is, then I guess we are paying Paul and I guess it gives a little weight to people moaning as they are now paying for a service for which they aren't happy.

Now, I paid the money more to show thanks for what he's done already as opposed to what I want in the future, but... I guess I paid for 12 months of ROM cooking action, so would I have a point to moan if Paul declared today he wouldn't be cooking any more ROM's?

I'm not necessarily saying we're owed anything, I'm not joining anyone's side, I'm not moaning myself, I'm just playing devils advocate and pointing out as many people here do pay to have access to a service, it's not quite as clear cut as 'he does this in his own time from the goodness of his heart, leave him alone'.

Guest krumbsd
If it was a donation, I could have given whatever I like. I couldn't, I had to pay £10 to get access to the better things of the site. Does Paul not own this site? Is it his business? If it is, then I guess we are paying Paul and I guess it gives a little weight to people moaning as they are now paying for a service for which they aren't happy.

+1

I think this is a pertinent point.

While I am not moaning, I do feel a little disappointed that it has been close to a month without any update for the N1. I am new to this forum and to what Paul has done so far - so in my case I paid the "donation" for future updates, and not as a token of appreciation for all the great work he has done so far (of which i know so little).

Having said that, i have no issues waiting. i come to this thread every other day and go away with a "oh, well...".

Do i regret paying this "donation"? Of course not! I think the Plus subscription is well worth it, and over a year-long period it will happily pay for itself. But yes, I would hope for (note, i said hope and not demand!) a better update frequency. if that happen, wonderful! if that does not happen, well, too bad. in any case, this is not something to be upset about. you are dealing with an individual here, and not some big company. if volcanic ash has derailed r22's release schedule, well, it is something we can all understand and accept.

btw, i wonder if it can even be called a "donation". i thought it was more of a "subscription". you get the basic stuff free and for value-added services you pay. and if you don't pay up, well, you don't get the extra goodies! tough luck.

imho, this does not sound like a donation model. a proper donation model would be - "take anything and everything you see here on this site, and if you like what you get and see value in it, well, buy me a beer or send some donation my way. no strings attached".

just my two cent!

Guest deanesn
I think some good points have been made, but now lets get back on topic.

wow you are genius. there is pattern here in the thread every 10th page or so there is flaming of some kind for few pages. pls pls pls i beg you dont waste your time because it wont achieve you anything. OK since we got everything cleared out does any1 have info on my issue about 10 post back? Thanks guys.

Guest argylesocks

Is anyone using the Car Dock? If so, do the volume keys work for you?

Nothing found in search, so don't know if I am the only one with the problem, or if nobody is using the dock.

Edited by argylesocks

Guest richy
Is anyone using the Car Dock? If so, do the volume keys work for you?

Nothing found in search, so don't know if I am the only one with the problem, or if nobody is using the dock.

I dont think the car dock works with this ROM due to the bluetooth issues, so your dock would charge, but the sound would not come out of dock

Guest Shmoopty

From the looks of twitter/PaulOBrien, Paul's been making good progress on the Desire hardware.

So who knows somebody who knows somebody at HTC? It seems that the next step with this ROM is for someone to get the kernel source.

Guest crimz
+++ Just tried the kitchen ROM again - its still failing :huh: can anyone shed some light as to what i might be doing wrong?

Same issue again. I tried the Kitchen ROM w/o the Arabic language support and it still gives me the "falling Android" when i flash it. If I try flashing the - r21 with MoDaCo Additions - and had no problems at all. This just doesn't make sense. Wonder if anyone can advise me on the matter. Thank you in advance for any help I can get.

Guest argylesocks
I dont think the car dock works with this ROM due to the bluetooth issues, so your dock would charge, but the sound would not come out of dock

correct. I realize the bluetooth doesn't work.

But you just made me realize that the volume keys only control the dock speaker, where I was expecting them to control the phone speaker.

Bonehead move on my part.

Thanks!

Guest krumbsd

Am a bit tempted to sell off my N1 and go for a Desire. With Paul dishing out his ROMs, updating to the latest and greatest should be easy.

Does anyone know if the N1 dock also works with the Desire? If the hardware is almost the same, are the bottom connector pins also the same? Or does HTC plan to release a dock specially for the Desire?

Thanks!

Guest Sylar2010

Lol!

You can't wait a couple of days?

He's hard working on Desire rooting right now, if HTC doesn't give him the kernel he will find it by himself while digging in Desire heart

Guest deanesn
Am a bit tempted to sell off my N1 and go for a Desire. With Paul dishing out his ROMs, updating to the latest and greatest should be easy.

Does anyone know if the N1 dock also works with the Desire? If the hardware is almost the same, are the bottom connector pins also the same? Or does HTC plan to release a dock specially for the Desire?

Thanks!

Nope the desire wont work with the car dock. the desire is missing those 3 cool pins at the bottom of the nexus.

2 issues I don't remember being mentioned, in r21 and maybe before:

1 - the music controls on my headset don't work anymore (pause/next/previous)

2 - HTC Peep, when I try to post a new tweet from the app, always complains that my tweet is too long. Even when it's 1 character. The widget is fine however.

sns.

Guest Pinko_Commie

Thanks!

No, the Nexus dock (car or desk) does not work with the Desire.

The Desire doesn't have the bottom connector pins, all it has is the micro USB connector.

I've got both and my Desire is currently lent to a mate and i run the Desire rom on my Nexus mainly because of the Dock situation.

Guest guys2

Paul thanks for all you have done. I have a question is there a way to pipe all audio through a headset (non a2dp) I know the sound will be bad. I use it for podcasts in the car. I know there is an utility on jailbroke Iphones and winmo6 can do it.

Thanks

Guy

Guest xplod420

Great Job, great ROM.

A few questions....how do i know when i am using 3G signal, there is no icon for that like in the original ROM. Second question is when when can we expact new rom with more updates?

Thank you.