MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest illmatic416
been using R21 well for a period, but recently, the lock screen function is getting messy, sometimes it needs to be pressed multiple times to turn on the screen, sometimes it just doesn't light up too. I am pretty sure it is not the problem of the hardware button, anybody experiences this also?

More reason for trackball wake to be implemented with the dodgy reliability history the power button seems to have on the Nexus. The newer version of Spare Parts has the option of for trackball wake, but Sense doesn't seem to compatible when you check it.

Guest monster206

After flashing the r21 desire rom, my soft key buttons no longer light up.

I flashed back to the cyanogen rom and they light up.

Am I doing something wrong or are others having this problem?

Kernel Version

2.6.33.1-cyanogenmod

Build

passion-user 2.1-update1 ERE27 24178 release-keys

Software number

Modaco Customer Rom Desire Port r21, ssh pasword: CIQQa8

Guest Droid800

Okay so I've been using the ROM on and off for a while now, and have had some weird errors. For one, when you try and take a picture in the messaging app, you can't actually send it to anyone. (it blanks out your contacts and gives them all single numbers) It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough to be curious.

There have been some weird app incompatibilities as well. Google Shopper doesn't work (can't recall if goggles does), and the SpeedTest app couldn't actually access the radio for some reason. (always gave me an error)

The biggest one was that the phone would randomly turn off the cellular radio. Really confusing. It also gave me really spotty reception, though I'm not sure if the ROM was to blame.

Guest xplod420

why is this ROM eats up so much battery? A few minutes on fring and it goes down almost half way. By 5pm its dead, and i haven't really used the phone at all.

Guest got2trythis

The internet browser does not work with the kitchen build. I have tried the build several times with several issues and it is always the same. Force Close everytime you open the browser. The standard builds works fine with and without addition. Anyone else is experiencing the same thing? Is it the extra languages options that is causing the issue

Guest arkhynn
its not from group per say. if you change a theme one of the active screens it will have a widget that will be located on the right hand site that will say favorites. you can add contacts there for fast dialing. Lets say i added a contact there that i no longer want to there. How do i delete it. Also how do i uninstall apps from this ROM.

Hi mate,

Well, as far as I've seen, the users who are in the favorites are in a group called "Favorites" (by default, or any other group you've chosen when adding the widget to the desk, in my case "HTC Favorites" which comes from my old WinMo HTC Sense).

You just have to remove them from the group. (I've just tested to be sure.)

Cheers.

Guest RatSon

Hi,

i have slow market problem, but haven't found the cause. i have wiped everything, restored with titanium bck and now it is slow like hell.

i got this before a page gets loaded:

W/vending (11533): com.android.vending.api.RequestDispatcher.performRequestsOverNetwork(): IOException while performing API request: The operation timed out

D/vending (11533): com.android.vending.BaseActivity$BaseAction.run(): IOException:

D/vending (11533): java.net.SocketTimeoutException: The operation timed out

i got the suggestion to run fix_permissions, but it is not in this. anybody has any idea i could do?

this can be important: i came from a HTC Hero, and use the same account.

Edited by RatSon

Guest richy
been using R21 well for a period, but recently, the lock screen function is getting messy, sometimes it needs to be pressed multiple times to turn on the screen, sometimes it just doesn't light up too. I am pretty sure it is not the problem of the hardware button, anybody experiences this also?

Yepp, Im having exactly the same problem (didnt have with the other ROMS so I know its not a hardware problem. Its especially hard getting the quick options up that you need to long press the power button for.

Guest RatSon
Yepp, Im having exactly the same problem (didnt have with the other ROMS so I know its not a hardware problem. Its especially hard getting the quick options up that you need to long press the power button for.

it looks like i had to install a few apps and now my problem is gone :huh:))

Guest dr3minem

Mmh, ive done some playing around as to what causes the phone not to react when the power button is pressed.

Here's what logcat spits out when it doesnt unlock and when it does:

What happens:

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 497): wakeWhenReadyLocked(26)

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 497): mWakeAndHandOff.acquire() -- start

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 497): mWakeAndHandOff.acquire() -- end

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 497): handleWakeWhenReady(26)

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 497): pokeWakelock(15000)

I/power ( 497): *** set_screen_state 1

D/SurfaceFlinger( 497): Screen about to return, flinger = 0x1535f8

D/Sensors ( 497): using /dev/input/event6 (name=compass)

D/Sensors ( 497): using /dev/input/event3 (name=proximity)

D/Sensors ( 497): using /dev/input/event0 (name=lightsensor-level)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: FULL_WAKE_LOCK 'keyguard'ACQUIRE_CAUSES_WAKEUP activated (minState=3)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'keyguardWakeAndHandOff' activated (minState=0)

I/HtcLockScreen( 497): HtcLockScreen:onResume

D/Sensors ( 497): data__data_open: compass fd = 159

D/Sensors ( 497): data__data_open: proximity fd = 160

D/Sensors ( 497): data__data_open: light fd = 161

D/WindowManager( 497): I'm tired mEndcallBehavior=0x2

I/power ( 497): *** set_screen_state 0

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: FULL_WAKE_LOCK 'keyguard'ACQUIRE_CAUSES_WAKEUP (minState=3)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'sleep_broadcast' activated (minState=0)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'RILJ' activated (minState=0)

I/HtcLockScreen( 497): HtcLockScreen:onPause

D/LockExchangeUtils( 497): isLockExchangeEnabled = false

I/KeyInputQueue( 497): dropping because screenIsOff and !isWakeKey

D/WifiService( 497): ACTION_SCREEN_ON

D/WifiService( 497): enable and start wifi due to updateWifiState

I/NotificationService( 497): enqueueToast pkg=com.rechild.advancedtaskkiller callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@46e878f0 duration=0

D/ViewFlipper( 597): updateRunning() mVisible=true, mStarted=true, mUserPresent=false, mRunning=false

D/WifiService( 497): ACTION_SCREEN_OFF

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 497): onCellLocationChanged [-1,-1]

D/SurfaceFlinger( 497): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x1535f8

What should happen:

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'keyguardWakeAndHandOff' activated (minState=0)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: FULL_WAKE_LOCK 'keyguard'ACQUIRE_CAUSES_WAKEUP activated (minState=3)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): New lightsensor value:1280, lcdValue:255

I/BatteryStatsImpl( 497): notePhoneSignalStrengthLocked: 3->4

Guest briangnyc
The question I had (before I was told to not let the door hit my ass on the way out) had nothing to do with a2sd not working. It is working fine. This is an old issue that goes back to the way dalvik-cache is stored. I hacked up a few scripts and now it works the way it used to work on the G1. The way it works now is not bad and is working fine. It just doesn't take full advantage of a2sd. By not storing d-c on the ext partition, precious internal space is taken up. This is not a reflection on Paul whatsoever. This is simply the way it is and I clearly understand that not only is this not a working ROM but it is not even a beta ROM. I was just wondering if the a2sd method from the current Cyan ROM will eventually (doesn't matter how long to me) will ever be implemented in the Desire ROM. For now, I've got things working the way I like it. But I suspect that most people don't even notice the issue because they don't have a HUGE amount of apps like I and some others do. ROM devs (by their own admission) tend to not have a lot of apps so don't usually notice the problems users have when the number of apps exceeds what is considered a normal amount (I currently use what could be considered an abnormal number of apps). For those who care, there is an old script that was modified for one of the original Cyan N1 ROMs that works pretty well without any modifications.

I agree that the newer method would be an excellent addition to this rom. The current Cyan method also shows space params, options to use ext or internal, etc. along with better management of the dalvik-cache. We can only hope that Paul decides to make it so at some point.

I just wish HTC would release the Kernel Source already :-)

All in all, I am finding it difficult to go back to any other rom. The desire rom is nice and I really don't have any power drain issues like I read about so much on this forum. I have approx. 175 apps on my phone and yes, I really do use alot of them. :huh:

Guest skydart
I agree that the newer method would be an excellent addition to this rom. The current Cyan method also shows space params, options to use ext or internal, etc. along with better management of the dalvik-cache. We can only hope that Paul decides to make it so at some point.

I just wish HTC would release the Kernel Source already :-)

All in all, I am finding it difficult to go back to any other rom. The desire rom is nice and I really don't have any power drain issues like I read about so much on this forum. I have approx. 175 apps on my phone and yes, I really do use alot of them. :huh:

Wow, 175 apps. I thought I was big and bad with my 50 apps!

Guest Techins
Mmh, ive done some playing around as to what causes the phone not to react when the power button is pressed.

Here's what logcat spits out when it doesnt unlock and when it does:

What happens:

D/WindowManager( 497): I'm tired mEndcallBehavior=0x2

I/power ( 497): *** set_screen_state 0

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: FULL_WAKE_LOCK 'keyguard'ACQUIRE_CAUSES_WAKEUP (minState=3)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'sleep_broadcast' activated (minState=0)

D/PowerManagerService( 497): wakelock: PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'RILJ' activated (minState=0)

I/HtcLockScreen( 497): HtcLockScreen:onPause

I/NotificationService( 497): enqueueToast pkg=com.rechild.advancedtaskkiller callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@46e878f0 duration=0

D/ViewFlipper( 597): updateRunning() mVisible=true, mStarted=true, mUserPresent=false, mRunning=false

D/WifiService( 497): ACTION_SCREEN_OFF

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 497): onCellLocationChanged [-1,-1]

D/SurfaceFlinger( 497): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x1535f8

What should happen:

D/PowerManagerService( 497): New lightsensor value:1280, lcdValue:255

I/BatteryStatsImpl( 497): notePhoneSignalStrengthLocked: 3->4

oh

Guest VinceC

So. I found a work-around for the bluetooth issues for anybody that cares.

If you put the phone in discoverable mode and then scan for devices and let it scan for a little while you can then uncheck discoverable mode and your device should show up. click to pair and then re-enable discoverable mode. (I have ftp service thingy enabled by the way, Idk if that makes any difference)

It might not be EXACTLY in that order or just like that but if you play with it enough it will eventually work.

--------------

Quickboot doesn't work. at all. Any ideas anybody?

--------------

I have AutoKiller installed (haven't messed with the settings) but even so every couple hours I'll need to reboot the phone because SoMeThInG is slowing the phone down so much it's barely useable. Any ideas there? I heard that automatic killer programs help the desire rom but I'm unsure.

Thanks

Vince

Guest AndyCr15
So. I found a work-around for the bluetooth issues for anybody that cares.

If you put the phone in discoverable mode and then scan for devices and let it scan for a little while you can then uncheck discoverable mode and your device should show up. click to pair and then re-enable discoverable mode. (I have ftp service thingy enabled by the way, Idk if that makes any difference)

It might not be EXACTLY in that order or just like that but if you play with it enough it will eventually work.

I think I got it to pair, playing like that. Have you found any improvements on it automatically linking back up when you turn on a BT device? I had to keep going in and manually connecting when I used r21 last.6 Put me off to be honest :huh:

Guest vkazak

Dear Paul.

Hope you are well... Your N1 Sense people did not hear from you for a while :huh:

Please, give us some ideas on the fore coming Great ROMs that you design !!

Really anxious to see perspective !!

Thanks in advance and Keep ON GOING :P

with ALL the respect!

Guest lionsh
So, strange behaviour on email app, it suddenly stops auto sync, dont know why and cant figure out how to solve it...

Any ideas?

this is happening to me too. especially with gtalk disconnecting on sleep.

from searching google, this is related to your account at google.

there are reports that switching users between two phones "tranfer" the issue to the other phone.

also, there are reports that some of the account been resolved.

Guest Askani
this is happening to me too. especially with gtalk disconnecting on sleep.

from searching google, this is related to your account at google.

there are reports that switching users between two phones "tranfer" the issue to the other phone.

also, there are reports that some of the account been resolved.

what do you mean by switching users?

I need to solve this...

Guest xplod420

Is there a bid difference between this ROM and Cyanogen's one? I mean as far as performance of the phone goes. How fast apps work, battery life ect. I would really hate to buy a car charger, but i just might have to. After a full charge, from 8am to 5pm my phone is dead. And thats after using a few minutes of skype, a few phone calls. Granted i have my phone set up to so it will sync for email all the time, but only on 2G network. GPS is off.

Guest lionsh
what do you mean by switching users?

I need to solve this...

I mean you can open a new account at google... (but this is probably not a good solution)

The switching users stuff was meant to troubleshoot the problem and figure out if it's a problem with the phone or the account.

I don't know of any solution for now, but you can read some stuff here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/andr...0048559dad3d06a

Guest huey-t
I mean you can open a new account at google... (but this is probably not a good solution)

The switching users stuff was meant to troubleshoot the problem and figure out if it's a problem with the phone or the account.

I don't know of any solution for now, but you can read some stuff here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/andr...0048559dad3d06a

Has anyone had issues with their Microsoft Exchange account suddenly disappearing on them? My contacts are still synced and so are my calendars, but email connection is no more! And when I try to add the account again, it will fail to add and requires a wipe.