MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest muncheese
Actually reports from XDA said two dudes bricked their N1 because of bad Radio update...

More like two dudes tried to do a radio update without knowing what they were actually doing.

Guest FLT
I released my Desire r1 ROM, and have started on the port to N1.

I am doing it in such a way that I can keep the two in sync and deliver updates to both faster! :P

P

Waited more than a month for this! I'll bet it'll be worth it :D

<3

Guest Nicegypt
More like two dudes tried to do a radio update without knowing what they were actually doing.

Sometimes ppl don't know what they are doing . it's normal for them to learn . i update my radio like 2 day's ago for R21 i feel a little different specialy my network is crazy change from 3G to H to G and sometims the network gone at all have this x and i have to restart . it makes me crazy

Guest jnrandall

If anyone is interest, the wired tethering works with R21. RCN in NYC has a huge outage, both tv and Internet. I have been tethered for an hour or so, working as if nothing is wrong. :P

Guest bearlyme86

Hey all, I have a problem that I hope you can help with.

Before you all jump on my back and tell me to search the previous posts, I have. While my problem has been mentioned before, none of the previous solutions have resolved the issue.

That said, here goes: I am currently running a20 and I am absolutely unable to see any of my facebook contacts' contacts in my phone book.

It was previously posted that this could be resolved by going to "view" and ensuring the facebook contacts are selected for display; they are, unfortunately the "view" screen also says there are 0 contacts.

Any suggestions? I have tried removing the account then restarting; removing the account clearing the cache and then restarting; heck, I even did a complete reflash of the rom... no dice.

Let me know, I would REALLY appreciate it! :P

Jason

Guest NexusCody
I would like to know this as well. Is Exchange Activesync fully working on this? Contacts, Calendar and of course, Email?

Kind of critical to some of us, primary use of the device is for this.

Thanks

Corporate Exchange - Calendar, Contacts and Email have worked on this Alpha since the beginning. Push is sometime quirky but its quirky on my production based Droid Incredible with Sense as well. In any case, the HTC implementation of Exchange is the best on Android. Moxier, Touchdown, etc. are just ok.

Guest LilRedzMD

Ive noticed also with this ROM a couple pf other issues drivong me crazy, the wifi is wishy washy, it seems not to hold the connection very well, causing me to reboot, then when I try to power bakk on the phone it sometimes doesnt power bakk on unless I take battery out and place bakk in. Also another problem, if my phone is on more then 2 hours, it doesnt or is not able to read or detect my 16 GB SD Card. The screen glitches extremely alot. Flashed and wiped 3 times same issues...please help!

Paul,

Also if you cam implement 360 degree Orienaltation like CyanogenMOD that would be so great. Also the new N-Wireless Driver. Thanks again.

Guest necrogt4

Hi Paul,

I've been using the r21 build for a few days now and thought I would share some of the issues that I've found so far.

• Contact editing seems to be a little flakey (i.e. changes to email address not always saving, perhaps a google sync issue).
  • Calendar Items wont dismiss from the lock screen when swiping down, they seem to just snooze.
  • There is no 'Updates and Event's' section in the People application when viewing all people, it's only available when viewing individual people. This might be because HTC hasn't finished yet? It is available on the HTC Hero and allows you to see all matches for Facebook and other apps and apply them in batch rather than one by one.
  • I installed the radio update and the phone jumps around from 3G to H and back quite erratically.
  • Battery life is poor, but with all of the extras contained in the build vs the standard nexus one it's hard to really worry about that!
  • Bluetooth is flakey (as you stated already). After getting my A2DP headphones to pair they seem to drop out with static every minute or so and then come good again. Not sure if anyone else has the same issue?

I'm guessing most of these issues pertain to it being an alpha build and not having the finished HTC code. But I thought they were worth sharing, as a developer myself I find it frustrating when people have issues but dont tell the devs about them!

Once again, this is an awesome build and well worth living with the little issues compared to the standard nexus one build. I'm actually quite keen to get my own hands dirty with some android code now. Totally AWESOME!

Guest gg_monogram
recently my photo taken by my camera, when i uploaded to picasa, all the lower part of picture was grey-out, any people experienced this also?

:P anythought ?

Hi Paul and gang!

Just a noob question... what happens when Google finally releases Android 2.2 codenamed "Froyo", will this update be added to this ROM?, it will most likely be released this month..

Thanks bro!

Source:http://www.redmondpie.com/android-2.2-for-nexus-one-9140688/

This is the ROM based on whatever's on the HTC Desire. So whatever HTC does for the Desire might eventually make it into this rom.. We are basically slaves to HTC releasing the kernel source code, updating the ROMs, and Paul's hard work in making it work on the Nexus One. I wouldn't expect 2.2 with this ROM any time soon :P

Guest Batkoto

Hi Paul,

first things first .... amazing job mate.

I root my N1 last night, actually using it for 4 months now with default ROM.

Well, it was my first root, didnt went smoot, had few issues, but now... I have the Desire ROM on my N1.

Looking forward to see the new r22 ROM.

I do have few issues so far with r21, but I think they are known issues.

- network, status is jumping like mad

All the best from my end mate and again, GREAT JOB!!!

Guest lars1110

no more updates for the desire rom :P i remember when we were getting updates every day or every few days. now nothing...

Guest Scott Ricketts
no more updates for the desire rom :P i remember when we were getting updates every day or every few days. now nothing...

Dude, chill. Paul's working on it, the man only has so much time and two hands. We'll get an update eventually and if Paul decides to stop developing this ROM, he'll let us know.

Guest Dr.Strix

Yaah.. we all wait for 22 to come. For now I run CM 5.0.6-N1 because it don´t drain my battery as much as 21 is. Hope there will be a fix on that in 22. I like Sense much better.

Guest teddyballgame

every time i try to flash a new kernel i end up in a boot loop. normally at the white HTC screen but sometimes on the black "X" screen. all the kernels i have tried were recommended on this forum or the similar thread over at XDA. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I put the update.zip file on the root of my SD, booted into recovery, wiper battery info, flashed update, reboot. i searched around but i kept finding these same instructions.

Guest PeRKoniX
Will today be the day for R22? We an only hope!!!

Patience my friend... r22 will come when it's done. Maybe today, maybe next month... Paul is currently pushing his kitchen skill to the limit working on different devices which are just as important to this community :P

Guest NickBr

I remember watching a video that showed being able to disable the Sense UI on the Desire.....does that work on this ROM? Just curious...

Guest muncheese
I remember watching a video that showed being able to disable the Sense UI on the Desire.....does that work on this ROM? Just curious...

Not since A17. It was removed from official sense ui roms, and this matches those. You can always push launcher2.apk if you want it however.

Edited by muncheese

Guest NickBr
Not since A17. It was removed from official sense ui roms, and this matches those. You can always push launcher2.apk if you want it however.

Good to know, I was just curious. Thanks for the info :-)