MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ez14u2nv

TO ANYONE NEW TO THIS BOARD!! PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST!

A few things. Everyone needs to stop asking for updates. It's just a waste of time. Also, if you are naive enough to think that Paul does this for free then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. If you knew how much profit this web site generated for him you'd be singing a different tune. Web sites with a Google Page Rank of 6 make money. Add the paid subscriptions on top of this and you wouldn't be saying what you are saying. And finally, everyone has to stop kissing Paul's ass like he's some kind of god. "We mustn't disturb the delicate genius." I don't care if he every puts out another ROM because I don't even use Modaco's ROMs but I have plenty of friends who signed up for a premium account for the kitchen and with the thought that money would mean updates. I know Paul says that he doesn't promise that with the premium accounts but let's get serious here. I have an ad blocker. I don't need to pay ~$15 A YEAR for an ad free account. The people who pay for it expect something in return. For Paul to tell paying customers that they don't have the right to expect anything and then, for people like to to not only swallow that up but to spit it back out is shameless. If Paul doesn't want people bitching about updates let him stop accepting the tens of thousands of dollars a year in subscription fees and advertising dollars. If you think I'm overstating this fact then see above for the bridge statement. I understand that development doesn't happen overnight and without the kernel source from HTC there isn't much that can be done anyway. But I've also seen requests here from PAYING CUSTOMERS for things that can be helped (such as AtoSD) and Paul seems to think it's ok to ignore these people. There's a reason I wouldn't pay. I pay for results. I've donated to Cyanogen five times in the last ten months because he listens. Why would someone pay ~$15 a year to someone who ignores user requests? Keep living with your head in the sand. Nobody does this much work for free people. Wake up. It's a business like anything else and from what I see, a damn good one. To all those who wanted to say what I am saying here but are "afraid" to "risk" their [paid] accounts, "you're welcome." To anyone who disagrees with me, go away. I don't care what you have do say.

**PALM FACE** Where do i begin??

1. JUST FYI IM NOT BLINDLY DEFENDING ANYONE!! I CAN SEE QUITE CLEARLY!

2. Paul doesn't "ignore" requests!! He just does what he can when he can! You should know (as your sooo smart) that with the amount of posts among the MANY ROMS PAUL IS WORKING ON it would be really hard for him to even SEE let alone READ AND IMPLEMENT every request from BOTH DONATING and/or subscribing users!

3. The people who payed got something in return... the kitchen and for some a "sense" of pride for being contributive!!! AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

4. YOU SHOULD GO SCREW YOURSELF (just a personal opinion in this "newspaper" here)

5. For someone who doesnt use modacos roms you sure sound disgruntled... and if you pay for results TELL ME WHO ELSE GOT A FUNCTIONAL 2.1 SENSEUI ON THE N1!!

BUT I DID AGREE WITH 1 THING YOU SAID... " Everyone needs to stop asking for updates " THAT DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE SHOULD STOP REPORTING BUGS/ISSUES FOR EITHER PAUL TO WORK ON... OR OTHER MEMBERS TO HELP YOU OUT WITH!

Its a shame that people who are new have no idea what it was like when this rom first came out... when we were getting 1 sometimes 2 new alphas a day! The n1/desireROM community was very rich and thankful back then.. AND MOST OF US STILL ARE PAUL! YOU KNOW THE LOUD OBNOXIOUS ONES ARE ALWAYS THE MINORITY AND YOU HAVE PLENTY OF VERY SATISFIED SUBSCRIBERS WITH BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN BE UNGREATFUL! WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND CONTINUED DEDICATION TO THE ENTIRE CELL PHONE COMMUNITY!

Sorry for speaking for Paul or anyone else if anything I stated was anything but the truth!

HOWEVER if you agree with me give me a big "Aaron Ratner should buy an iphone 2g"

Guest ez14u2nv
My apologizes. Didn't mean to be a douchebag.

Sometimes what you mean doesnt matter... or your intentions... all that matters are results. AND YOU HAVE PROVED WITHOUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT THAT YOU SIR ARE IN FACT A GRADE A DOUCHEBAG... TO ME ANYWAYS! I MEAN WHEN YOU JUMP IN A POOL... it goes DOUCHE

I assumed most people who flash ROMs would have a bit of other tech knowledge and I thought Google PageRank was common knowledge.

PLEASE... stop assuming! And while your at it just stop thinking... its gotta hurt your head because reading your thoughts is killing mine.

'

OH THERE I GO BLINDLY DEFENDING SOMEONE AGAIN :P

Guest Aspergillus
@ez14u2nv, @Aaron Ratner

please, stop polluting this forum with your quarrels :P

+1

@Aron Ratner i subscribed and i knew what i'll get.

And Paul deserves to make money with what he does here.

So Please go away ans keep your brillant thoughts for you.

Paul is not a god he's a hard working guy.

Aspi

Guest k2bk2bk2b

im guessing everyone's on the edge waiting for a new working rom from paul.

The sense ui is highly desirable. yet we are all hoping for a new update or fix.

Before paul left for his holiday, i vaguely remember something about getting desire port to work on a2sd same way on cm's rom.

We've seen cm 5.0.6 test 1, test 2, test 3, and the final N1

now cm has another 5.0.7 test 1 out.

we are all hoping for some fixes and a new release for all those who are eagerly waiting to go back on desire rom.

Guest yankyjz

forgetting the issue with people constantly asking for updates. I have noticed a ton of new users of this forum, many of then are having legit issues or question. I have also noticed Paul has not answered a single one of them! He has not addressed any issues in over a month. I know he is "busy" and he doesn't owe us anything even though we are paying for a service, but with the kitchen not working properly and no one to answer our problems what did we pay for!

Guest k2bk2bk2b

just a gentle reminder, being an ad free member or premium does not mean paul will or has to answer the questions everyone is facing. I believe that would be overwhelming trying to solve 1 issue that only a minority are facing.

It boils down to each person's own troubleshooting skills and knowledge on what is actually happening. or the acceptance to move on if it doesnt work for you after a few tries.

I know the membership is so you can build your own roms based on what you want inside or not.

However baking has come to a complete stop for me since there are no new developments...

Guest yankyjz
just a gentle reminder, being an ad free member or premium does not mean paul will or has to answer the questions everyone is facing. I believe that would be overwhelming trying to solve 1 issue that only a minority are facing.

It boils down to each person's own troubleshooting skills and knowledge on what is actually happening. or the acceptance to move on if it doesnt work for you after a few tries.

I know the membership is so you can build your own roms based on what you want inside or not.

However baking has come to a complete stop for me since there are no new developments...

The kitchen not working is a major problem when I want to build a rom. Which I did pay for as an ad-free member. Also I cant fix the a2sd method used by paul in the non working kitchen!

Neither paul nor any moderator informs us of server issues with the site or kitchen , answers any issues or problems. Its just a total blackout!

Ps. iv tried to contact paul regarding a question I have many different ways (twitter, email, this forum...) but to no avail. Total Blackout

But thanx anyway

Edited by yankyjz

Guest ultrabrite

if you think you may be harmed, i remind you that we were not forced to make a donation.

please use this forum intelligently to improve this rom, not for polemics (even if Paul does not publish anything :P )

i am also disgusted but i'd like to read here something else than complaints :D

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest yankyjz
if you think you may be harmed, i remind you that we were not forced to make a donation.

please use this forum intelligently to improve this rom and not for polemics even if Paul does not publish anything :P

i am also disgusted but i'd like to read here something else than complaints :D

Please enough with the "Donations"! Where does it say anywhere the word donation-

"To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Ad Free subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to 'Paid Subscriptions' in 'My MoDaCo'."

I paid for a subscription, I didn't donate to anything!

Guest richhee
forgetting the issue with people constantly asking for updates. I have noticed a ton of new users of this forum, many of then are having legit issues or question. I have also noticed Paul has not answered a single one of them! He has not addressed any issues in over a month. I know he is "busy" and he doesn't owe us anything even though we are paying for a service, but with the kitchen not working properly and no one to answer our problems what did we pay for!

i agree i have a problem i asked for help 3 times not 1 person offered any help so i feel that i wasted my money on this forum no updates no help whats this forum for people to complain about no updates

Guest ultrabrite
Please enough with the "Donations"! Where does it say anywhere the word donation-

"To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Ad Free subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to 'Paid Subscriptions' in 'My MoDaCo'."

Ok :D but Online Kitchens for Android seems to work fine... what is the problem?

i don't understand because it's good for me :P

???

Guest Aaron Ratner

Hey, at least some people can see what's actually going on here. Anyone who read my original post and thinks I'm wrong doesn't understand the world. Unlike the donations I made to Cyanogen (for which I did not expect anything in return nor was I required to pay to get anything), people here paid a yearly SUBSCRIPTION, NOT donation and it was specifically for a service. I'm sorry but for those who think it's OK to pay for a service and not receive it, I have a lot of services for you.

as your sooo smart

Yes I am smart. I can spell the word "you're."

i agree i have a problem i asked for help 3 times not 1 person offered any help so i feel that i wasted my money on this forum no updates no help whats this forum for people to complain about no updates

Good luck. My friend has been asking for help for an issue for about two months an got nothing.

Guest yankyjz
Ok :D but Online Kitchens for Android seems to work fine... what is the problem?

i don't understand because it's good for me :P

???

read the last few pages, tons of people having issues with the kitchen (including myself). Other members have been kind enough to post mirrors to copies of the rom. but where is paul or anyone running this forum to inform the masses of problems with the kitchen? Or a time frame to repair it? or any info at all?

Guest yankyjz

Im not sure if I can help but what is the problem your having? im friends with an amazing android dev, maybe I can ask them for help to your problem since no one else seems to wanna help!

Edited by yankyjz

Guest ultrabrite
read the last few pages, tons of people having issues with the kitchen (including myself). Other members have been kind enough to post mirrors to copies of the rom. but where is paul or anyone running this forum to inform the masses of problems with the kitchen? Or a time frame to repair it? or any info at all?

so i've downloaded again the custom rom (after upload zip file to include) and it works. perhaps it has been repaired now.

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest yankyjz
so i've downloaded again the custom rom (after upload zip file to include) and it works. perhaps it has been repaired now.

Perhaps? But who knows? No info coming from the top. Total blackout! LoL

When something I manage breaks or needs a scheduled repair I inform those who it will affect and I give a time frame for when it will be back up and running again. Its called common courtesy!

Edited by yankyjz

Guest damniatx

Why do you care so much about his rom?, even paul doesn't even give any info,or maintain this rom.

Just go back to xda-developers, where you don't need to subscribe anything to get the best rom.

Kthxbye

Guest ez14u2nv

I considder my subscription fee a DONATION!! This is just about the ONLY dev that gives you a little something extra for subscribing OR DONATING IN MY CASE!!

I can't believe the amount of people giving paul a hard time... POOR GUY just imagine what his Private messages box looks like! If he has stopped supporting and or fallowing this rom/thread its beacauise of people who cant be thankful or patient or BOTH!!!

Edited by ez14u2nv

Guest richhee
Im not sure if I can help but what is the problem your having? im friends with an amazing android dev, maybe I can ask them for help to your problem since no one else seems to wanna help!

when i flash this rom a21 i get the following error

E:error flashing boot:

E:failure at line 302:

write raw image package:boot

installation aborted

i tried wiped repartitioning sd card but still same error the strange part is it boots up and works fine but somethings got to be wrong if im getting errors thank you

THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP

Guest yankyjz
I considder my subscription fee a DONATION!! This is just about the ONLY dev that gives you a little something extra for subscribing OR DONATING IN MY CASE!!

I can't believe the amount of people giving paul a hard time... POOR GUY just imagine what his Private messages box looks like! If he has stopped supporting and or fallowing this rom/thread its beacauise of people who cant be thankful or patient or BOTH!!!

You can "consider" your subscription fee to be whatever you want but that doesn't change what it really is! A FEE! What amazes me is that even Paul doesn't consider it a "donation"! He calls it what it is- a paid subscription, but you sheep keep insisting its a donation.

since I paid for my subscription I dont think its too much to ask for an answer-even if the answer is"I dont know"- after 6 weeks of asking (on multiple forums)! To be blown off for that long is wrong even if I had not paid a "donation"! So please dont tell me to be patient, I think I have been extremely patient!

Lane, boring, stupid and childish bickering. I love having access to the kitchens, I loathe what this thread has become. Good luck to everyone in your feuds.

Sns