MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest yankyjz
Oh really?

Is that why you posted something in Post #5676 at 2:36pm,

immediately deleted it at 2:37pm,

and then reposted the exact same thing at 2:37pm with a different username?

You've been caught :P

The question is, why do you feel the need to use two accounts?

So is yankjz me or am I yankjz? LOL. Oh, wait, I mean Aron Ratner. Or do I....? Broooo aaaaaaaa. Or are you just an idiot? And you have way too much time on your hands and not the best photoshop skills either.

Edited by yankyjz

Guest Paul

Yowza... let's keep the topic on topic... we're here to talk about the ROM, which will be updated in due course.

I'm unifying this ROM with my actual Desire release, so that I can update both at the same time rather than posting two ROMs.

I've posted many, many times before that I update and and when there is new stuff to update, and unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day (plus I of course have other things to do other than ROMs - aside from MoDaCo I run a consultancy business), so I have to prioritise

Back on topic please!

P

Guest yankyjz
Yowza... let's keep the topic on topic... we're here to talk about the ROM, which will be updated in due course.

I'm unifying this ROM with my actual Desire release, so that I can update both at the same time rather than posting two ROMs.

I've posted many, many times before that I update and and when there is new stuff to update, and unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day (plus I of course have other things to do other than ROMs - aside from MoDaCo I run a consultancy business), so I have to prioritise

Back on topic please!

P

I'm done Paul. We needed something to do until the next ROM comes out. :P

Now that you seem to be here, can you are least comment on app2sd and if it will be updated to move dalvik-cache to the ext partition like it used to be? A timeframe isn't needed. I'm just curious. Thanks.

Edited by yankyjz

Guest RatSon
99% yes.

The only time is when you need to kill a badly written app that got stuck / froze etc.

yes or you want to kill something which you dont want any longer to be in background, like a twitter client synchronizing in background every x minutes.

try AutoKiller, it manages minfree values for better memory management, and still provides you the tool to kill individual apps if needed.

Guest ENDRI

Always be faithfull in ppl who works for passion and not for money.

I have faith that if the desire will ever be ported to the n1... Paul would be the porter. Him and nobody else!

So hang in there and think about me... I own a N900 from Nokia and we are waiting for 3 month an upgrade (PR 1.2) from NOKIA just to make it useble and bugfree...

Guest bedwa

Thank you again paul, you're the best....

And @JhonnyRockets and @yankyjz, guys please cool it. If there are any concerns of duplicate accounts I'm sure it can be taken care of at the admin level by checking ip addresses, so don't worry about it. There is such a thing that is called "feeding the trolls"

And I'm done there.

Guest JonnyRockets
So is yankjz me or am I yankjz? LOL. Oh, wait, I mean Aron Ratner. Or do I....? Broooo aaaaaaaa. Or are you just an idiot? And you have way too much time on your hands and not the best photoshop skills either.

Oh, so I somehow also magically edited your YOUR POST yesterday 2:37 in #5676 and Aaron posting at 2:37pm too? LOL!!!

Anyone who's subscribed to this thread and confirm the emails. I find it hilarious that you are trying to deny it hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

-------------------------

Anyway, thanks for finally posting Paul!!!

Any chance that you can you comment on the corrupted files issue from the servers?

Also, what would happen if HTC didn't post the source after 60 days? I mean, it's not like anyone here is going to sue them.

Guest JonnyRockets
yes or you want to kill something which you dont want any longer to be in background, like a twitter client synchronizing in background every x minutes.

Why wouldn't you just turn off sync? Or put it at a longer time?

Guest yankyjz
Why do you have two accounts by the way?

yankyjz

:P

Oh no wait. I posted s/t 1 min after willdenham posted s/t and you posted s/t 2 min after aron ratnrr posted, we all must be the same person! maybe I have a split personality disorder and I am arguing with myself. No wait that cant be it. You are too stupid to be one of my personalities! Its called having a conversation with "other" people!

------------

on another note, does anyone know if its possible to implement cyanogens a2sd method to this rom? Maybe even with the on off switch he added to cyanogenmod?

Edited by yankyjz

Guest AndroidAppCritic
on another note, does anyone know if its possible to implement cyanogens a2sd method to this rom? Maybe even with the on off switch he added to cyanogenmod?

Unfortunately, I've tried this and after speaking with @ChrisSoyars, this isn't going to be possible unless the kernel source is released and either Paul or another ROM developer implements it. It's not as simple as running a script. There are a lot of changes under the hood. It's not too big a deal. I like the new method but the old one worked fine for me and Paul says it will be an option in the kitchen. Also, official apps2sd method coming...http://www.androidappcritic.com/index.php/...upport-g1-done/ [shameless self-promotion].

Edited by AndroidAppCritic

Guest yankyjz
Unfortunately, I've tried this and after speaking with @ChrisSoyars, this isn't going to be possible unless the kernel source is released and either Paul or another ROM developer implements it. It's not as simple as running a script. There are a lot of changes under the hood. It's not too big a deal. I like the new method but the old one worked fine for me and Paul says it will be an option in the kitchen. Also, official apps2sd method coming...http://www.androidappcritic.com/index.php/...upport-g1-done/ [shameless self-promotion].

hey thanx for the info and the quick response.

Btw how much do you want for that mt3g?

Guest Ntt4

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to download r21 with MoDaCo Additions and A2SD but the zip always fails to decompress on my iMac. Which i'm guessing means it's corrupted.

Any ideas ?

Edit - The files that fail to decompress won't flash on my Nexus.

Guest Paul

re: corrupted files, i've purchased 2 new servers and a MediaPro account at MediaFire, as well as implementing content delivery from Codeen, so this should no longer be an issue!

I am also posting MD5 hashes on all my downloads.

P

Guest vanessa
  • Paul REALLY needs some better moderation on here. It's ridiculous. Half the people in the past few pages NEED to be banned. The fact that people like Aaron Ratner are still around is clear evidence that Paul doesn't even READ these forums, let alone respond.

Despite the sheer volume, he reads the forums - sometimes we laugh, sometimes it's hurtful... but, at the end of the day, people are entitled to their opinions, right or wrong.

Is it right to ban everyone who disagrees with him? No.

Can he personally reply to all the trolls on here? No. It would feed more, because he'd have less time to work on something productive and worthwhile.

He works a 45 hour week. More than some, less than some. For that, he brings home more than some, less than some. For anyone with the mental age of 10 and above, I can see that you appreciate how life works. For the minority who can't, leave them be. They'll soon get bored.

Vanessa.

Guest kkempe
Despite the sheer volume, he reads the forums - sometimes we laugh, sometimes it's hurtful... but, at the end of the day, people are entitled to their opinions, right or wrong.

Can he personally reply to all the trolls on here? No. It would feed more, because he'd have less time to work on something productive and worthwhile.

He works a 45 hour week. More than some, less than some. For that, he brings home more than some, less than some. For anyone with the mental age of 10 and above, I can see that you appreciate how life works. For the minority who can't, leave them be. They'll soon get bored.

Vanessa.

Finally another one pointed it out :-) Thanks for trying to enlight some trolls here. So everyone shouldn't feed the trolls anymore and let them scream.

Guest LilRedzMD

Vanessa.

I Agree, people who think people should be banned, should be banned themselves for entertaining there ignorance,

Guest yankyjz

Vanessa.

No offense to the missus, but to get back on topic...

Has anyone been able to use any call blocker on this rom? Everyone I tried messed up my incoming calls (it doesnt ring consistently).

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by yankyjz

Guest fuzio1963
I Agree, people who think people should be banned, should be banned themselves for entertaining there ignorance,

This place looks more like a psychological forum now..... :P .......i thought that we would talk "hi-tech" here........... :D

Anybody can say anything.........if one does not like it - why not to just ignore them?? If one does not, it just feed up more and more.....

Anywho....back to the topic, i can cook in online kitchen, i can dwnld, i can save, and i can flash; but then i always getting stock on boot screen. That doesn't happen on other roms.....

Edited by fuzio1963

Guest Brian L
This place looks more like a psychological forum now..... :P .......i thought that we would talk "hi-tech" here........... :D

Anybody can say anything.........if one does not like it - why not to just ignore them?? If one does not, it just feed up more and more.....

Anywho....back to the topic, i can cook in online kitchen, i can dwnld, i can save, and i can flash; but then i always getting stock on boot screen. That doesn't happen on other roms.....

Make sure you wipe all first before flashing, that usually fixes it.

Guest yankyjz
Of course i did it................

Did you include any of the languages in your cooked rom? Some people have been having probs with that. I think it was arabic mostly.

Guest gman1108
re: corrupted files, i've purchased 2 new servers and a MediaPro account at MediaFire, as well as implementing content delivery from Codeen, so this should no longer be an issue!

I am also posting MD5 hashes on all my downloads.

P

When you go to download the desire rom with apps2sd mediafire states that its deleted and the mirror link file is only kb's in length Is this a problem with he server

Guest fuzio1963
Did you include any of the languages in your cooked rom? Some people have been having probs with that. I think it was arabic mostly.

No.

Guest Paul

Mediafire A2SD link fixed (minor typo!), resolving issue with ROMraid / CoBlitz mirrors now.

Investigating an issue with Custom Ingredients in the kitchen.

P