MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Batkoto
Haha, it'll be just general usage, there's no real function improvements (as expected). It's faster and smoother and newer. :)

P

Mate,

any improvements in battery life ?

Cheers

Guest evanhindra
New release coming tomorrow, been running it all afternoon / evening and it's smoooooth!

Still no BT, but I think I might give the update a Beta label tomorrow, and a new release number scheme to match the Desire numbers.

P

Hey Paul, just a quick question: Has the auto fire USB-Mount thing been fixed? Haha, I don't use BT, but would be nice to have a working auto-fire USB-Mount. It's not a biggie; I still much prefer speed/performance improvement.

Well sure, but if they don't, who's going to take them to task for it?

Probably no one :)

Anyone know what the "official" date is that Desire was released?

The Free Software Foundation, The Linux Foundation, etc. This IS the Linux kernel source code after all, not some small individual developer with no resources' code. Maybe even Google? It's based off of THEIR work on Android too, which was opened up, so ...

Last time some major project was ripped off, there was quite a hoopla all over the net. I don't think HTC wants that kind of bad press and souring of relations with the same people who provide them with Android...

sns

Guest hellcat82

Nevermind it's all sorted now :)

Maybe somebody could help me here. I have tried a few times unsuccessfully to flash Alpha r21. I currently have Cyanogenmod 5.0.6

The error I get when flashing is

Copying files...

Can't symlink /system/xbin[

failure at line 11:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted

I wiped before flashing so I'm at a bit of a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hellcat82

Guest nugzo
Nevermind it's all sorted now :)

Maybe somebody could help me here. I have tried a few times unsuccessfully to flash Alpha r21. I currently have Cyanogenmod 5.0.6

The error I get when flashing is

Copying files...

Can't symlink /system/xbin[

failure at line 11:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted

I wiped before flashing so I'm at a bit of a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It seems some Files on the server are corrupt. have been for a few days. r22 should be out tomorrow and i'm sure paul will have it straightened out by then.

Guest ninfragiler14

There is an issue that I have had that I haven't seen discussed in here. when I receive calls on the desire rom, I get the full number with country code rather than the contact name, even though that person is in my contact list. Has anyone else had this problem?

Guest nugzo
Sprint Evo. Quote from CNET " According to reports received over at Engadget Mobile, two possible dates gaining some traction are June 6 and June 13. With both of those dates falling on a Sunday, these line up with previous launches for Sprint, since the carrier has a reputation for releasing handsets on Sundays.

June 4th on the Evo, just got an email from sprint stating that.

Edited by nugzo

Guest audiobastard

Sorry to bother and I know you guys hate people like me asking something that can be found somewhere in this forum. But I ran into a serious problem, maybe. First off, i've had an acer liquid for a while and happily flashed roms daily no problem. I just bought a nexus one, fairly new, and asked the guy to leave it rooted with the modded recovery on so i can flash easily. I got the phone and proceeded to try flashing the desire rom. Cyanogen was on there as it was. Well, No matter what I do, I can never get anything to pass verification or with the desire roms, i get aborted with nothing else but (bad) at the end of the zip. E.g. cannot open bla bla.zip (bad). I tried various mirrors, various micro sd cards and various computers. No luck. Well, now I go to reboot the phone and it is stuck at the nexus logo. The previous time I would get to the unlock screen but as soon as I unlocked it it would get a flurry of force closes that kept repeating. I don't know what to do. I installed superboot via SH script through ubuntu b/c windows would not load the driver (wish i would have found the command for windows cmd sooner as I'm no expert using linux).

I fear that I may be in serious trouble because I cannot even flash a stock update zip nexus rom. Currenlty, my new phone is useless and all i can do is get into the fastboot/bootloader/recovery menu. I cannot successfully flash anything. In all likelihood, this is something stupd. I've spent about 4 hours so far reading and searching and I am stuck. I would appreciate someone's help. Please pm me or just post. Sorry to sort of spam this thread but I know you understand what its like to get a new phone and find you're inches from holding a paper weight in your hands. Thank you guys. I will cautiously waite and I'm hoping someone can take the time to help. I cannot flash cyan, modaco, or any stock rom from recovery.

EDIT: As usual, it requires me posting a long question for the gods to decide i'm desperate enough to allow a successful flash of a stock zip. Now, hopefully, I'll just unlock bootloader, install recovery, and flash a rom like a normal person. Sorry to bother.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest Sylar2010
There is an issue that I have had that I haven't seen discussed in here. when I receive calls on the desire rom, I get the full number with country code rather than the contact name, even though that person is in my contact list. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had this problem too when using R21 because the Desire Rom doesn't recognise my country's code 9613 aka Lebanon, if Paul could add the missing countries codes on the Local list it would be great even if it's English instead of country's language!

Enom Rom doesn't have this problem (perhaps he added country codes dunno)

Guest audiobastard
I had this problem too when using R21 because the Desire Rom doesn't recognise my country's code 9613 aka Lebanon, if Paul could add the missing countries codes on the Local list it would be great even if it's English instead of country's language!

Enom Rom doesn't have this problem (perhaps he added country codes dunno)

I ran an md5sum (as if i know what i'm doing), on the mediafire link zip file and the hash came back way different. Maybe I did it wrong but for some reason I can't install any of the roms. Can't get open the zip (bad). FML. Anyone have an alternate link ot the desire rom? that would be appreciated.

Guest Paul

Aside from the usual (BT, FM Radio etc.) there shouldn't be, lol!

Will put up a test kitchen shortly while I test / integrate / build prebakes...

P

Guest Batkoto

P

Any improvement in battery life?

thanks mate

Guest PeRKoniX

P

Looking forward to the new release! Even though there are no new feature or fixes, speed improvements and a more streamlined release plan for N1 and Desire is always a good thing :)

Guest Paul

It's based on a release that is much newer than on the shipping Desires and as such it feels very smooth to me. It also has elements of EPF21B in it, so it's pretty bang-up-to-date.

P

Guest Batkoto
It's based on a release that is much newer than on the shipping Desires and as such it feels very smooth to me. It also has elements of EPF21B in it, so it's pretty bang-up-to-date.

P

mmmmmm YUMMY

EDIT: so it will be def a BETA or still ALPHA

Edited by Batkoto

Guest excaliberXHTC

Paul or someone else...

I'm thinking about paying for premium for the kitchen because apps to sd card are a MUST for me.

How do they work with this rom? like cyanogens ? automatically or do I have to do funky partitioning with the sd card??

Sorry for the dumb question but I need to know before I pay.

Guest Jompet
Paul or someone else...

I'm thinking about paying for premium for the kitchen because apps to sd card are a MUST for me.

How do they work with this rom? like cyanogens ? automatically or do I have to do funky partitioning with the sd card??

Sorry for the dumb question but I need to know before I pay.

I'd love to know how this works, I paid added the A2SD option and partitioned my memory card but I don't know what next...

Doesn't seem to work for me! :)