MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bakano
that didnt make much sense at all did it..lol let me rephrase it... i am not sure what it takes to partition the ext4 for the desire rom if its something i have to do manually after a wipe. if the flashing doesnt do that partitioning when it installs it automatically, then can someone give me a quick synapses on what i have to do for the proper ext4 format?

doing a little research i see it seems that you just create a ext4 partition on the card and thats it.. am i right? or is there more involved?

dang i'm sorry you're not getting results yet...

regarding the ext partitions though, yes. inside the recovery console (if you've updated to 1.7.0), you're going to go to "Partition sdcard>Partition SD" then set up desired sizes (I would stick to default since I don't use apps2SD and don't do any coding so I have no need for extra ext size. Once it creates it, then you're going to go to "Partition sdcard>SD:ext2 to ext3" then same thing but to ext4

again, this is just a personal idea because when i mess things up I try to make EVERYTHING fresh hoping that it was just some "user error" mistake on my part lol

Guest venomoussvt
dang i'm sorry you're not getting results yet...

regarding the ext partitions though, yes. inside the recovery console (if you've updated to 1.7.0), you're going to go to "Partition sdcard>Partition SD" then set up desired sizes (I would stick to default since I don't use apps2SD and don't do any coding so I have no need for extra ext size. Once it creates it, then you're going to go to "Partition sdcard>SD:ext2 to ext3" then same thing but to ext4

again, this is just a personal idea because when i mess things up I try to make EVERYTHING fresh hoping that it was just some "user error" mistake on my part lol

i was going to do that when i flashed but wasnt sure on the sizes so i left it alone.. i am ling the r19 rom now, i will wipe and flash it first, if it doesnt work i will wipe again and do the partitioning then start from there with the r21 rom

Guest venomoussvt

more updates on the backlight issue.. with further research i now see that my auto brightness doesnt work either.. the light sensor in inoperable on my device with the desire ROM and build r21. I have completed a full wipe with ext4 partition and flashed with no results.. i went desperately out on the net and this seems to be a big issue with no answer... r19 just finished downloading so i am gonna try it right quick.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5801649

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...oftkeys/#entry0

Edited by venomoussvt

Guest bakano
more updates on the backlight issue.. with further research i now see that my auto brightness doesnt work either.. the light sensor in inoperable on my device with the desire ROM and build r21. I have completed a full wipe with ext4 partition and flashed with no results.. i went desperately out on the net and this seems to be a big issue with no answer... r19 just finished downloading so i am gonna try it right quick.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5801649

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...oftkeys/#entry0

weird weird weird.

let me know the results because now i'm curious with your case. and i think you mentioned that you have two nexus[es] and the other one works fine?

Guest venomoussvt
weird weird weird.

let me know the results because now i'm curious with your case. and i think you mentioned that you have two nexus[es] and the other one works fine?

my friend has the other.. i rooted both devices, i did both flasshes and nothing was different ohter than his reovery was the cyanogen recovery other than the amon ra.. thats the ONLY difference.

Guest yankyjz
Still need help here guys. Thanks so much for any suggestions.

The only help I can give that makes any sense is to boot into recovery, choose wipe & make sure you pick each option in there! The only way for a2sd to work is if you wiped "everything" including your "ext"! Hope that helps

Guest venomoussvt
weird weird weird.

ive invested 10 hours into this issue now and im exhausted with it.. flashing cyanogen now

flash completed.. cyanogen mod up and running, buttons are back lit exactly how they are supposed to be

Edited by venomoussvt

Guest bakano
ive invested 10 hours into this issue now and im exhausted with it.. flashing cyanogen now

flash completed.. cyanogen mod up and running, buttons are back lit exactly how they are supposed to be

I wish I could have helped more =/

Guest East_Coast

My buttons don't back light either(nor does my "auto brightness work) on R21, maybey i will wipe and try a fresh install. Ill probably stick with r21 since it runs very nicely for me.

Edited by East_Coast

Guest AndroidAppCritic
Not sure if it was posted somewhere before. But i put R22 on my phone and have an ext4 partition. I included Apps2SD but it seems that my internal memory is filling up and not the memory card when installing apps.

EDIT: APPS2SD+ is not working properly as far as I can tell. No secondary storage is showing under Settings > SD & Storage. Oh noes D:

How do I know if A2SD is working?

Using A2SD+

App2SD does not seem to work properly with an ext4. I see the symlinks in terminal and the apps/dalv appear to be on the ext4 partition but the internal memory gets eaten up as I install more apps. Many people may not notice it because they don't have that many apps (and 100 isn't that many). I have 400 apps installed on Cyan with about 100MB free. On the new A2SD+ I can barely get 150 apps installed before I am down to 50MB internal. Something is up. Perhaps it is an ext4 thing. Anyway, I've installed Desire way too many times hoping that the Apps2SD issue would be fixed to no avail. It is the only things stopping me from using it full time (FM radio means nothing to me and I don't even own a BT device so I don't care about that issue). Hopefully now that the kernel source has been released we can get the new, working Apps2SD from @ChrisSoyars or even the old one working with ext4. I love the Desire ROM but there is no ROM for which it is worth giving up my apps. LOL. It's a shame because R22 was running very smoothly. Good work as usual Paul.

Just a thought. Paul visits HTC and the kernel source is released. May he "recommended" that it would be a good idea to release it. :)

Edited by AndroidAppCritic

Guest East_Coast
App2SD does not seem to work properly with an ext4. I see the symlinks in terminal and the apps/dalv appear to be on the ext4 partition but the internal memory gets eaten up as I install more apps. Many people may not notice it because they don't have that many apps (and 100 isn't that many). I have 400 apps installed on Cyan with about 100MB free. On the new A2SD+ I can barely get 150 apps installed before I am down to 50MB internal. Something is up. Perhaps it is an ext4 thing. Anyway, I've installed Desire way too many times hoping that the Apps2SD issue would be fixed to no avail. It is the only things stopping me from using it full time (FM radio means nothing to me and I don't even own a BT device so I don't care about that issue). Hopefully now that the kernel source has been released we can get the new, working Apps2SD from @ChrisSoyars or even the old one working with ext4. I love the Desire ROM but there is no ROM for which it is worth giving up my apps. LOL. It's a shame because R22 was running very smoothly. Good work as usual Paul.

Just a though. Paul visits HTC and the kernel source is released. May he "recommended" that it would be a good idea to release it. :)

Yea i have ext4, and only 13xmb internal, with not many apps installed at all..

Guest sennister

I have been running R21 for quite a while and love it. I saw R22 yesterday and got around to cooking a ROM and installing it today. The only thing I did differently was include the Radio Update. It installed fine and seemed OK (button backlights) but I don't have a data connection anymore. I tried older Radio Images still nothing. I went back to R21 and the data connection works. So once again I went back to R22, yep no data.

Oh well it is just rebooting from going back to R21. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest Victor Bello

OK, about the kernel, I'm new to the whole kernel thing, but does anyone else thing it's really weird that the desire kernel file is called bravo....tar.gz? There's another link on the site for the Hero I think that the file is called desire....tar.gz.

Is it me or is everyone passing around the wrong file?

Guest sennister
Just enter the APN details...

Does that need to be done on T-Mobile in the US?

I did a quick google search and I think I found the settings. I am going to go back to R22 and try them.

Thanks

Does that need to be done on T-Mobile in the US?

I did a quick google search and I think I found the settings. I am going to go back to R22 and try them.

Thanks

Yep, no APN's are included in the r22 (yet) :)

I saw the settings somewhere in this topic too, check some of the last pages

Guest sennister
Yep, no APN's are included in the r22 (yet) :)

I saw the settings somewhere in this topic too, check some of the last pages

I did a search for Nexus One T Mobile APN and found the settings. It just completed the rebuild and I entered them. Works like a charm.

I went back a couple pages looking and didn't see anything. I guess I didn't go back far enough.

Anyhow, I am connected with 3G now. I might need to reflash the radio again though. I think I am on an older build right now trying to fix the issue.

Thanks again.

LOL i rasn into the apn issue also. Easy to fix. I know this has been discusses on this forum and many others but i figured i would bring it up again for the USA tmobile guys. What radio image are you using and or what do you think works the best. I just switched to the desire build and i dont know even how to tell what the radio has. build number says ere 27 so i believe i am using 27 build. I am in a area that is just getting 3g so it is cutting in and out and i dont know if it is the radio image or the 3g in the area. Thanks for the advice

Guest wrxtc714
Yea i have ext4, and only 13xmb internal, with not many apps installed at all..

Why don't you guys reread instead of posting nonsense.

Paul clearly says it works with ext3. He does not mention using ext4 at this time

stop complaining and read first

Cyanogen apps2sd setup is awesome. Being able to easily move apps from SD to internal with one click

I hope there is a way to do that with the desire rom too

Guest Kevin Greene
Since upgrading to R 22 version i am unable to get to website there are not on port 80. any ideas

Figured it out... Removed the name from the Proxy Settings in the APN for MediaNet (att)

This may be the same thing that other were complaining about with loss of video?

Guest jawest12

My Nexus One simply won't boot, with r21 or r22. Stays at the initial bootloader screen. Cleared all the cache/date. Reflashed, and cleared several times, no good. Other ROMs work fine. This is an AT&T compatible one. Any advice?