MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest serverxeon

help!

why do i get an error when doing "flash zip from sdcard"

it says E: Can't open /sdcard/alpha......a2sd-signed.zip (bad)

installation aborted.

where did i went wrong?

i tried downloading a few times already. same result

Guest anubisthoth

Copying files...

minzip: Extracted file "/data/dropbear/.ssh/placeholder"

minzip: Extracted file "/data/local/resolv.conf"

minzip: Extracted file "/data/xbin/rsync"

minzip: Extracted file "/data/xbin/set_resolvconf"

calling command symlink

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 6:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

how can i fix this..please help...

Guest AndroidAppCritic
Where is the option to enable A2SD? I've looked through all the settings and can't find it. I also don't see an sd-ext folder in Astro like I used to when I used ext4 on Cyanogen.

You won't. Here's how it works. You create the ext2, ext3, or ext4 partition. ROMs use various scripts that perform the app2sd. The new implementation on Cyan was created by @ChrisSoyars that happens to create a sd-ext directory (which is why you need a separate recovery to restore the ext on Cyan). In theory, the folder(s) used for apps2sd can be named anything as long as they are linked to /data/apps. Hope that helps.

Guest Sylar2010

So I guess Paul will work on the BETA version in less than 24h!

I hope the kernel will fix and give: BT, Dolby mobile, louder ringtones,stable GPS,full countries support in phonebook...

Guest krumbsd

R22 does look like an improvement. thanks, paul!

only one issue is that the trackball flashes randomly (green), even though there are no alerts in the notification tray. have not figured out what it is trying to tell me, and it is driving me batty! the phone wants to tell me something, but i am not able to understand it!

offtopic, but this has been a week of happy news for me - i have a htc hd2 and nexus one. the desire source code is out, and the win 7 rom has been leaked - looks like both my beauties will soon be looking even better!

Hm ok, wifi off, mobile off, gps off for 9 hours while I was sleeping... Charged it just before sleep to 100% with the wall charger, and put it near my bed.

Woke up 9 hours later, battery was down to 36% ;) :D :(. In Spare Parts, partial wake usage is very similar to what I would see under MCR ROM, except in "other usage" the "running" was 99% of the time, and I tapped on it and it said "time spent without sleeping: 9h29"... So something drained my battery, and I'm not sure what. I sure am hoping the new kernel will fix that :)

sns

Guest muncheese
Is there anyway to get Yahoo Mail work on R22 ? I can't setup yahoo on IMAP with both wifi/egde.

Yahoo mail by default doesn't allow imap/pop over wifi networks.

You can however pull the email.apk from cyanogen's latest rom and push it to system/app/. The version on cyanogen is modified to allow yahoo mail to work over wifi.

R22 does look like an improvement. thanks, paul!

only one issue is that the trackball flashes randomly (green), even though there are no alerts in the notification tray. have not figured out what it is trying to tell me, and it is driving me batty! the phone wants to tell me something, but i am not able to understand it!

offtopic, but this has been a week of happy news for me - i have a htc hd2 and nexus one. the desire source code is out, and the win 7 rom has been leaked - looks like both my beauties will soon be looking even better!

Hows your reception? The trackball will flash when you lose connection to your service.

Edited by muncheese

Guest Hasibul
Then you are doing something wrong.

quick question. If it is working, why is the internal memory going down? I started with like 136 and I'm down to 97. And I'm using A2SD+

Guest nexvision
quick question. If it is working, why is the internal memory going down? I started with like 136 and I'm down to 97. And I'm using A2SD+

Some apps store temporary cache to the device as well as other settings and residual program data. That is why u can wipe the device and not the sd-ext and install a new rom your apps will be there but not your settings. You wanna look at your ext partition and see if you see your apps there if you do then its working. The apps2sd+ stores dalvik on the ext partition as well thats the difference.

Edited by nexvision

Guest Sabiwa
Some apps store temporary cache to the device as well as other settings and residual program data. That is why u can wipe the device and not the sd-ext and install a new rom your apps will be there but not your settings. You wanna look at your ext partition and see if you see your apps there if you do then its working. The apps2sd+ stores dalvik on the ext partition as well thats the difference.

So if you use a2sd+ and you need to wipe you should not wipe the sd-ext ?

Guest nexvision
So if you use a2sd+ and you need to wipe you should not wipe the sd-ext ?

A wipe of your ext partition is not always necessary I have gone ROM to ROM without wiping with only fixing permissions. I have hit a couple times where a full wipe of ext partition is needed based on the method used in the ROM I am flashing to. For instance MCR to cyanogen 5.0.5 you would not need a wipe. Going from cyanogen 5.0.6+ since it incorporates a new apps2sd method to any other ROM not built using his base would need a wipe.

If you are using apps2sd+ and going to another apps2sd+ then you would just delete the dalvik-cache dir from your ext partition and you should be fine. If going to a non-apps2sd+ you wouldnt need to wipe the dalvik-cache on the ext partition either. I would but to each his own.

Edited by nexvision

Guest Breze

ok so i was running 21 and my picture mail was working find. i baked up a 22 same as i did with 21 but now mms is saying Unable to send message Generic network failure.

Guest kwandds

I've been searching and trying different APN settings but can't get MMS to work (send)

Does anyone using T-mobile in the US have mms working using this rom?

Guest nexvision
I've been searching and trying different APN settings but can't get MMS to work (send)

Download ApnBackupRestore from market and restore this APN and all will work for t-mobile in the US.. http://db.tt/tnJTsK

Guest East_Coast

MMS isnt working on mine either. I hadn't even tried it until now..

Guest nexvision
Nexvision.

I used the app and restored with the linked file, but mms still doesn't send. Any other suggestions?

Do you get a error message?

Guest kwandds
Do you get a error message?

No error message when restoring the APN

When sending mms, It just says unable to send. Tries again, then permanent failure.

Thanks

Edited by kwandds

Guest East_Coast
Ok found a problem and I just tested by emailing myself and my GF worked for me restore this APN file http://db.tt/Ws0pTP

That didn't work at all on my end. After restoring that apn, my phone kept force closing trying to go into the "mobile network" settings folder. Then it said i had no sim.

hmm..

Guest nexvision
That didn't work at all on my end. After restoring that apn, my phone kept force closing trying to go into the "mobile network" settings folder. Then it said i had no sim.

hmm..

Did you delete old apns first and then reboot after?