MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

wooaa.. he doesnt have to release it at all, to anyone, period. This is a way for him to release it to a controlled set of people, see if some of the issues are his connection/coverage or the build itself. If it all works, we will get it soon enough, and if they report it has issues then nothing lost. Relax, it will come.

It's cool, I see where the sentiment is coming from, and i'll do my best to fix it for the future. :(

P

Guest 7500usr
wooaa.. he doesnt have to release it at all, to anyone, period. This is a way for him to release it to a controlled set of people, see if some of the issues are his connection/coverage or the build itself. If it all works, we will get it soon enough, and if they report it has issues then nothing lost. Relax, it will come.

I 2nd that....slow down man we will get our hands on it soon enough...

Guest PeRKoniX

Indeed, relax... He is playing safe for you by releasing it to a selective number of people... Show some respect :(

I mentioned in the changelog that it's not unthinkable now that we'll be able to fit everything in /system!

I had an idea that I could update the kitchen so that as you selected bits, it calculated sizes and told you if everything was gonna fit in the /system partition, before building accordingly. How awesome would that be! Want it to fit in system? Leave out 'x' that you don't use anyway and it will! Genius! :(

P

Guest PeRKoniX
I mentioned in the changelog that it's not unthinkable now that we'll be able to fit everything in /system!

I had an idea that I could update the kitchen so that as you selected bits, it calculated sizes and told you if everything was gonna fit in the /system partition, before building accordingly. How awesome would that be! Want it to fit in system? Leave out 'x' that you don't use anyway and it will! Genius! :(

P

That does sound like a nice feature ^^

Guest hks18psigst

P

Brilliant idea can't wait to get my hands dirty on the new release.. I was so use to xda I didn't even want to register on your forum but loving it and I even subscribed to add free :(

Guest rahan95

Realize well that this was not an incentive to subscription, but I considered it a way to say thank you. Not mentionning you don't require 29 more quids but the difference between the 29 and 9 already paid for the adfree : you're too honest =)

That being said, so far no problem with data synchronization using 3G network. I'm in Paris area so the coverage is very good.

No reboots during set up like with early alphas.

Going to down to the garage to check whether I can pair with my Parrot MKI9200

Guest DiscoScan

P

Well done and thank you again man.

I've been running very well for me on Alpha 7, with about 10 widgets running on the home screens and e-mail accounts etc. The battery hasn't been thanking me, but that's my own fault for needing WiFi to get a signal in my building.

Anyway, Alpha 8 sounds lovely, but if you think Beta will be out in the next few days I might just wait it out. What's your guess of the ETA between Alpha 8 and a Beta that you are comfortable with calling a Beta would be?

Well, unless a new leak drops in the next couple of days or a major improvement / problem appears, this will likely be the last alpha before I go on holiday for 5 days (replacing internets with snowboard) on Thursday. :(

P

Guest t2abousa

While I am all for patience :( I really want Alpha 8 so that I can have the bluetooth without tinkering myself with the code cause im sure ill mess up the nice alpha 7 i have going, i hope u release it before bed so im not tempted to stay up late till u wake up again ... hahah

Guest socalphil
Well done and thank you again man.

I've been running very well for me on Alpha 7, with about 10 widgets running on the home screens and e-mail accounts etc. The battery hasn't been thanking me, but that's my own fault for needing WiFi to get a signal in my building.

Anyway, Alpha 8 sounds lovely, but if you think Beta will be out in the next few days I might just wait it out. What's your guess of the ETA between Alpha 8 and a Beta that you are comfortable with calling a Beta would be?

No issues so far.

Synced my gmail and calendars on ATT edge.

Sync symbol doesnt go away though. Not sure if this is what you see.

FM radio still no go.

Re-downloaded all previous apps from market.

Edited by socalphil

Guest Imtiyaz Maredia
OK cool, thanks rahan95, watching this topic and the Plus topic to decide whether to release before bed! :(

P

I got a feeling.. tonight gone be a good night...

anyway alpha 7 is stable and most of the tweaks i have already done it...

Guest rahan95

No problem to activate BT but a device search doesn't discover neither my MKI 9200 carkit, nor my SE BT headset =(

Other than that, no problem so far : extremely fast and stable.

I confirm Gmail/Contact/Calendar works a treat

Guest DiscoScan
No issues so far.

Synced my gmail and calendars on ATT edge.

Sync symbol doesnt go away though. Not sure if this is what you see.

FM radio still no go.

Re-downloaded all previous apps from market.

I'm not a Plus, so no 8 for me yet anyway. Now that I hear there will be no updates for a few days, I will definitely reWIPE and download that one when it's available for AdFree.

The sync symbol lasted a long time for me too, and I think that's even more so when your data is running through Edge v. WiFi/3G/HSDPA. I use WiFi at home, and when i'm out I generally get T-Mobile's HSDPA.

Guest Robert Davidson

Hi Paul

Installation was flawless

All Google accounts synced

Mobile signal seems slightly better for me

All apps installed from market

Will test BT tomorrow

No sign of any problems at all.

Guest nycnerd
Had the persistant sync symbol too, same as in Alpha7. All it took is a reboot after first sync.

I have observed the same in the previous alphas. I used to get rid of it by unchecking the News Sync in Accounts & Sync settings.

Downloaded, wiped, installed, synced fine, good signal in 3g/H with no signal issues so far. Don't use BT.
would appreciate feedback on:

- mounting USB,

- device space after first boot

thanks!