MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HalfSight
would appreciate feedback on:

- mounting USB,

- device space after first boot

thanks!

I know it's 40 pages, but thumb through the thread because those questions are answered.

Download MountUSB from the market and there are some ADB shell commands to free up space on internal somewhere.

Guest rahan95
would appreciate feedback on:

- mounting USB,

- device space after first boot

thanks!

Native USB mounting still not there but mountusb is now in the default installed apps

About storage space, I didn't check at first boot but now that I've reinstalled all my apps, I still have 128mo left so I'd say about 90 more mo's available compared to Alpha7

Guest shaniac

Installation was smooth, Gmail sync over wifi and over EDGE worked just fine. Bluetooth paired and connected quickly to my car's handsfree system. (I don't have my headphones with me, or i'd test them too.)

So far, everything I've tried works perfectly. I don't have my 8G SDHC on me right now, so I can't test that.

But otherwise, I'd say you're safe to release it!

Guest shaniac
Native USB mounting still not there but mountusb is now in the default installed apps

About storage space, I didn't check at first boot but now that I've reinstalled all my apps, I still have 128mo left so I'd say about 90 more mo's available compared to Alpha7

Native USB mounting works fine if you turn it on in Settings->Connect to PC->Default connection type=Disk drive

Guest rahan95

Finally managed to pair my BT headset by ticking/unticking the "discoverable" optio during the pairing process. Will report in a little while if the same works with the car kit.

About SD cards, no issue with my 16gb.

I know it's 40 pages, but thumb through the thread because those questions are answered.

Download MountUSB from the market and there are some ADB shell commands to free up space on internal somewhere.

@HalfSight - appreciate you taking time respond to my question. i'm aware of the current issues with Alpha 7; i was referring to behavior in Alpha 8 (should have included this reference in my question).

@rahan95 - thanks for your feedback!

Guest Richard557

Paul now it looks good for release to the rest of us peasants..

will you be adding the kitchen tonight for extra tweaky goodness ?

or tomorrow/later ? cheers

Guest Imtiyaz Maredia

Alpha 8 is really fast..

Sign in worked great sync with my contacts perfectly..

Fm radio crashes as soon as i open it.. ( I am not sure how some one was able to get RDS information )

Multi touch working in maps...

Google Voice working...

Browser seems snappier :(

Edited by Imtiyaz Maredia

Guest mnicolay12
Paul now it looks good for release to the rest of us peasants..

will you be adding the kitchen tonight for extra tweaky goodness ?

or tomorrow/later ? cheers

Relax.

Guest HalfSight
@HalfSight - appreciate you taking time respond to my question. i'm aware of the current issues with Alpha 7; i was referring to behavior in Alpha 8 (should have included this reference in my question).

@rahan95 - thanks for your feedback!

I see, question makes more sense. I am sticking with 7 till a beta comes out, happy with what I have for now, running smooth

Guest rahan95

Really can't get my parrot carkit and N1 to see each other =(

Other than that, this ROM is pure hapiness : stable, fast and smooth.

Was really very happy with Alpha7 but this one is one step beyond =)

Imtiaz : did you wipe before flashing ? FM radio doesn't crash for me. Doesn't work either but doesn't crash

Alpha 8 is online!

You MUST wipe before installing.

The link is available for everyone in the first post, the online kitchen for MoDaCo Plus / Ad Free members will be available tomorrow, when I will also be comprehensively updating the first post with more detailed info.

For information, you can flash the full release now and then flash a kitchen build tomorrow without needing to re-wipe. :(

Enjoy... and goodnight!

P

Guest 7500usr
Alpha 8 is online!

You MUST wipe before installing.

The link is available for everyone in the first post, the online kitchen for MoDaCo Plus / Ad Free members will be available tomorrow, when I will also be comprehensively updating the first post with more detailed info.

For information, you can flash the full release now and then flash a kitchen build tomorrow without needing to re-wipe. :(

Enjoy... and goodnight!

P

YOU ARE THE MAN

Changelog

Alpha 8

• Hugely, HUGELY, optimised for space. Only the framework sits on /data now (and there's 12MB free on system currently!), and I foresee that with more work, we might even be able to fit everything on /system!
  • dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data
  • .32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!
  • USB mount app preinstalled
  • Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested)
  • Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)
  • Added default android keyboard with voice search - also fixes voice search issues!
  • Added alternate news widget from Nexus One (GenieWidget)
  • Online kitchen for MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus members (see my sig for deets)
  • Slimmed down customize directory with added en-US - thanks qteknology for the inspiration. All the space counts!

Guest bobtentpeg
bob, sorry to hear that, i'll have to check it out in the morning i'm afraid!

P

Not a problem, I used to dev for the PSP and get how much of a pain NAND devices can be. Just hope it gets fixed

Guest Ralph Coleman

The only problem I with Alpha 8 (and also in 7) is that the google mobile reader site formats too wide. Probably something to do with an unrecognized 'user agent' string.

Guest BoostL33k

Is 8 stable enough for daily use, or should I still wait for beta or final release?

Been following the progress of this ROM as I love the HTC UI but been putting off flashing till its stable enough for daily use.

Edited by BoostL33k

Is 8 stable enough for daily use, or should I still wait for beta or final release?

Been following the progress of this ROM as I love the HTC UI but been putting off flashing till its stable enough for daily use.

Its stable..the amount of time put into this, you surely can spare enough time to check it out..