MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest thalib

Is there anyway to edit emergency numbers as when i dialled 110 which is a network provided calling service in my country chooses as emergency number so cannot call it..

Guest reneS

Hello,

I have flashed the latest ROM to my Nexus One and did a complete wipe first.

There is one problem with my signal, it always changes between 3G and HSDPA. This didn't happen with the original ROM, also I get complains that talking quality is very very bad :(

I also had this problem, when I use the Alpha 10 ROM, don't know if this has something to do with my problem?!

Is this a known issue, or is this just me?

Guest franklin3891

Ce a bug where the button lights up when the night is not seen Vuele Pity

Edited by franklin3891

Guest DougEdey

Do you mind if I ask what the fix to the Marketplace was Paul? One of the Layar devs suggested the hardware may not have been reporting itself correctly when I asked for some insight...

Can't underestimate how awesome the work you're doing is by the way :(

Guest Stea1thmode
Hello,

I have flashed the latest ROM to my Nexus One and did a complete wipe first.

There is one problem with my signal, it always changes between 3G and HSDPA. This didn't happen with the original ROM, also I get complains that talking quality is very very bad :(

I also had this problem, when I use the Alpha 10 ROM, don't know if this has something to do with my problem?!

Is this a known issue, or is this just me?

am suspecting it could be the new kernel

Guest janjan2

thanks Paul. great work..The rom is very fast and sexy.but I found some bug. I got rotate problem with screen and the better terminal Or Terminal Emulator are not working properly. I don´t know its just me or Any other got the samme problem. :( :(

I just wipe and flash again. works now.. thanks Paul

Edited by janjan2

Guest reneS
am suspecting it could be the new kernel

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

Does this mean, that more users are having this problem? Is there a fix for this?

Guest DougEdey
thanks Paul. great work..The rom is very fast and sexy.but I found some bug. I got rotate problem with screen and the better terminal Or Terminal Emulator are not working properly. I don´t know its just me or Any other got the samme problem. :( :(

Could you define what you mean by "not working properly" please?

I've got an issue where I have to close and force the keyboard open again for long keypresses to recognise properly on Android Terminal Emulator.

Paul: I can confirm that the Market is working again!

Edited by DougEdey

Guest PeRKoniX
I have FC problem: process android.process.acore is not responding. Please help

- When

- Where

- What programs where you starting / running / quiting?

- More info :(

Guest caveman_78

Hi, the non lighting-up touch buttons is a really annoying bug. Except of this is as far the best Rom.

Thanks

Edited by caveman_78

Guest robbanw35

I did a full wipe and evrything is fine until "Extracting radio image..." Then i get

E:Multiple firmware images

E:Can't store radio image

E:Failure at line 381:

write_radio_image PACKAGE:radio.img

Installation aborted

Just for the record i've been running Alpha 10 and the last ROM was CM 5.0.4.1

Guest shoggot

First, please excuse any notes/questions of mine which are addressed in earlier pages; I've gone over the changelog and current features and current bugs, but diving through 85 pages of posts to check... well.

So, I custom-cooked (first time, whee) a rom which had pretty much everything -except- for the Rosie launcher; I wanted to use the original launcher (or better, GDE), but still wanted access to the Sense widgets.

Turns out it doesn't work that way? Without Rosie, seems like sense widgets just aren't available. C'est la vie...

So I cooked up a new rom, this time -with- Rosie; whee, Sense widgets! I switched my launcher to GDE, and... no sense widgets. At this point, I figure sense widgets are only available when using Rosie as your launcher?

The rest, is likely due to my being unfamiliar with sense:

- Incoming calls had no ringtone whatsoever by default.

- Contacts were 'split apart', in some cases, contacts who were a single entry under the original (I lie, CM) rom were now split into 3+ contacts...

- Attempting to do the join dance (open a contact, edit, menu, select join, select contact to join with) produced no love, as the contact list to select the 'join-to' contact was always empty

- Google voice was not showing up as an option for voicemail (and this, truly, was the killer that made me restore...)

- When selecting 'live wallpapers' from the wallpaper dialog under Sense UI, it lists a bunch of static WP's. When I use GDE or stock launcher, I get the live wp's as intended; when I switch over to Sense, the live wp selected in the other launcher keeps working.

So, this maybe goes under the heading of request... but, is it realistically possible to 'neuter' Rosie, to the point where it can run in the background without any interaction with the user, behind some other launcher (stock, GDE, whatever), but still serve up whatever goodness the Sense widgets require, thus enabling sense widgets for all, at a bit of memory / cpu overhead?

I s'pose it's a moot point until either a) google voice voicemail is enabled or :( whatever I'm missing about enabling google voice voicemail under Sense is pointed out to me (I suspect the latter), at least for me. But those Sense widgets sure are purty (though, why are (practically) all of 'em so damn big? A half-size (4x2) option on pretty much all of 'em would still have practically all of the utility)...

It's neither here nor there, but I noted that the new radio (which I dropped in my last bake) knocked me up to 3g from edge here at my desk (I take it this doesn't have CM's 'H' vs 'G', no?)

Guest mzach

Have been playing around with alpha11 after having some trouble with flashing (needed to wipe my ext partition as well, otherwise was stuck in "htc brilliant" boot screen).

Was just using the ROM for like an hour, but noticed the following things:

- Footprints: trying to add an entry always goes back to the previous screen, closes the camera view each time

- Wireless Tether: process crashes, but not biggie, removing / reinstalling should fix the issue (had the same with the first 5.0.2 kitchen ROM)

- Sync: synced all the time untill I stopped / started the sync process, after that it was fine

- Phone itself: during the 1h it ran really, really hot so I switched back to 5.0.4.1

Anyone else having the same issues (basically worried about the hot phone draining lots of battery)?

Guest Stea1thmode
First, please excuse any notes/questions of mine which are addressed in earlier pages; I've gone over the changelog and current features and current bugs, but diving through 85 pages of posts to check... well.

So, I custom-cooked (first time, whee) a rom which had pretty much everything -except- for the Rosie launcher; I wanted to use the original launcher (or better, GDE), but still wanted access to the Sense widgets.

Turns out it doesn't work that way? Without Rosie, seems like sense widgets just aren't available. C'est la vie...

So I cooked up a new rom, this time -with- Rosie; whee, Sense widgets! I switched my launcher to GDE, and... no sense widgets. At this point, I figure sense widgets are only available when using Rosie as your launcher?

The rest, is likely due to my being unfamiliar with sense:

- Incoming calls had no ringtone whatsoever by default.

- Contacts were 'split apart', in some cases, contacts who were a single entry under the original (I lie, CM) rom were now split into 3+ contacts...

- Attempting to do the join dance (open a contact, edit, menu, select join, select contact to join with) produced no love, as the contact list to select the 'join-to' contact was always empty

- Google voice was not showing up as an option for voicemail (and this, truly, was the killer that made me restore...)

- When selecting 'live wallpapers' from the wallpaper dialog under Sense UI, it lists a bunch of static WP's. When I use GDE or stock launcher, I get the live wp's as intended; when I switch over to Sense, the live wp selected in the other launcher keeps working.

So, this maybe goes under the heading of request... but, is it realistically possible to 'neuter' Rosie, to the point where it can run in the background without any interaction with the user, behind some other launcher (stock, GDE, whatever), but still serve up whatever goodness the Sense widgets require, thus enabling sense widgets for all, at a bit of memory / cpu overhead?

I s'pose it's a moot point until either a) google voice voicemail is enabled or :( whatever I'm missing about enabling google voice voicemail under Sense is pointed out to me (I suspect the latter), at least for me. But those Sense widgets sure are purty (though, why are (practically) all of 'em so damn big? A half-size (4x2) option on pretty much all of 'em would still have practically all of the utility)...

It's neither here nor there, but I noted that the new radio (which I dropped in my last bake) knocked me up to 3g from edge here at my desk (I take it this doesn't have CM's 'H' vs 'G', no?)

to disable sense UI go to settings, programs then find HTC sense and press clear defaults. You'll then be able to choose launcher as default but still have the goodness of sence UI. ie widgets

Guest Michael Latman
[*]Configuration changes made to try and resolve problem with some missing applications from the market. Please provide feedback.

I did not notice any difference in apps shown from Alpha 10 and 11. AIM and Twidroid are still missing.

Guest Stea1thmode
I did not notice any difference in apps shown from Alpha 10 and 11. AIM and Twidroid are still missing.

thats odd , Twidroid and barcode scanner are showing on mine :(

Guest Namuna

[iSSUE] com.htc.bgp keeps stopping unexpectedly. This occurs on fresh boot-up and randomly while going through the home screens and also while looking through the Settings items

[iSSUE] Can't get into Settings->Acounts & sync at all. keeps kicking me out with com.htc.settings.accountsync has stopped unexpectedly and needs to FC. The sync icon is stuck in the notification bar and on reboot immediately does the same thing.

[iSSUE] Power Manager pro app has FC problems on initial boot. Not really a big deal, after restarting it seems to then be alright.

I did a wipe and fresh A11 install. No longer have the issue with Accounts & sync, still getting the com.htc.bgp issues though.

Guest Michael Latman
thats odd , Twidroid and barcode scanner are showing on mine :(

Hmm, maybe I installed it incorrectly? Did you wipe before flashing?

Guest Stea1thmode

yes, as it's at alpha stage I always wipe before updating. I know its a pain but it keeps things running smooth.

Guest 7500usr

showing on mine too and I had to do a wipe for other reason.

Guest Chris 85

Hi!

Thanks for the new ROM, I just upgraded from Alpha 7 which I'd been using as my default ROM for about a week now, with only minor bugs, to Alpha 11.

I think it seems faster, and I have very few problems with it, but I definitely have issues with:

-Text to Speech 'Cannot connect to server' - with full signal and 3.5G (Also tried with wireless on)

-Camera Zoom doesn't work - no matter what resolution it's on.

Besides that everything appears to be working brilliantly!

Thanks for all your hard work Paul!!

Guest bobtentpeg

For those with the sync arrow there forever:

check your News sync options. the minimum number of stories for each source selected is 50 So, if you have 5 sources, you're looking at 250 articles its trying to pull and store on your phone.