MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Michael Latman
yes, as it's at alpha stage I always wipe before updating. I know its a pain but it keeps things running smooth.

showing on mine too and I had to do a wipe for other reason.

Alright. Thanks, everything okay now.

Guest robbanw35

This is scary I keep getting E:Multiple firmware images... when i try to flash the full image with updated radio from the kitchen. HELP!

Edit: GodDriven on xda helped me out, everything is ok! :(

Edited by robbanw35

Guest DiscoScan

Alpha11

My Market is still not locating the Barcode Scanner app.

Tested Pershoot's OC-UV Kernel on this version. It works for OC'ing the Desire ROM, but the KO file doesn't appear to be working. I might just have to go back and make sure I'm using the right combo. EDIT: Nevermind. My bad. All looks good with the OC kernel.

I do see the camera improvements.

Good to have you back Paul.

Edited by DiscoScan

Guest JonnyRockets
to disable sense UI go to settings, programs then find HTC sense and press clear defaults. You'll then be able to choose launcher as default but still have the goodness of sence UI. ie widgets

This is not correct.

If you use the stock launcher and try to add widgets, the HTC ones do not show up in the list of available widgets.

Guest Stea1thmode
This is not correct.

If you use the stock launcher and try to add widgets, the HTC ones do not show up in the list of available widgets.

sorry, bad advice, ur absolutely right, my bad, i was thinking about something else. :(

Guest dr3blanc0

I have the alpha 11 on my phone. Problems: camera - flash works but it comes off before the camera takes the picture. Meaning. My pictures come out dark.

Guest josito_zgz
I have the alpha 11 on my phone. Problems: camera - flash works but it comes off before the camera takes the picture. Meaning. My pictures come out dark.

I have this problem too

Guest Docmjldds
More like 3.5G tbh

The Alphas seemed to revert mine back to 3G instead of the H I was seeing. Not a big deal for me. Just making a note that When switching to the Desire Rom the H is no longer seen here in Las Vegas.

Guest Gonz7711
Paul, Google Voice still isn't making calls through the phone.

I have successfully placed a call using google voice. I placed the call by going to google voice online through the phones browser, logged into my account and placed a call from there. I then went into the app on the phone after the call and checked the placed calls folder and it showed the call that I had just made along with other i had made before flashing alpha11 today. So far it is working fine except for the voicemail number not being changed to google voice.

Guest powerpig

That is not the way Google suppose to work. You can even get the same result you described by initiating the call in a PC web browser.

The right way it works is: making the call directly from the phone dialer and should show the caller ID as the Google Voice number. right now this Rom is only showing the actual cell number.

I have successfully placed a call using google voice. I placed the call by going to google voice online through the phones browser, logged into my account and placed a call from there. I then went into the app on the phone after the call and checked the placed calls folder and it showed the call that I had just made along with other i had made before flashing alpha11 today. So far it is working fine except for the voicemail number not being changed to google voice.

Guest Docmjldds

<<I placed the call by going to google voice online through the phones browser, logged into my account and placed a call from there

Sorry for being a noob on this, but explain using the phones browser. I can understand for instance in a Firefox session, to simply type in about:config you can alter a slew of settings. What is the correct syntax and exactly where do you type in to "the phones browser" the about debug info. My phone wants to go online whenever I type in anything in a search bar. I did see one post earlier that showed the following

...about_:debug...

If this is the correct syntax, then exactly where does one type this in, to get to some setting about iphone reference to have google voice to work correctly.

TIA.....Mark

Guest misticjeff
The Alphas seemed to revert mine back to 3G instead of the H I was seeing. Not a big deal for me. Just making a note that When switching to the Desire Rom the H is no longer seen here in Las Vegas.

Hey guys...

I'm here in Las Vegas too... just loaded the Alpha 11 build on and everything seems to be working a treat. I still see the "H" and not 3G (hmmm..) but still have the marketplace issue (not all downloaded apps showing) and in mail not seeing any pictures, just little "x". Google voice not available.

Guest Docmjldds
Hey guys...

I'm here in Las Vegas too... just loaded the Alpha 11 build on and everything seems to be working a treat. I still see the "H" and not 3G (hmmm..) but still have the marketplace issue (not all downloaded apps showing) and in mail not seeing any pictures, just little "x". Google voice not available.

I'm in Henderson. About to wipe and install Alpha 11 here. I will let you know what I see re Market and google voice. I know there are workarounds for Google voice mentioned, BTW. I am running Google voice, just for Voicemail without any workaround to speak of. I just had to get a new Google number, then manually set up to call forward to that number. Could not use the number to dial out from, but I mainly wanted the voicemail part to work, especially for the transcription services.

Guest SwagR

OK...flashed alpha 11 and i can find barcode scanner, twidroid etc in the market with no problem. No syncing issues either, only real issue i have is the camera flash...i didnt do a wipe just flashed over Alpha 10...weird

Guest fosseperme

Same problem... :(

Guest Gonz7711
When trying to change to a live wallpaper I get redirected to normal background gallery.

Paul was able to help me with this one. You have to go to personalize in the settings menu and select it from there and it will work fine.

Guest DiscoScan

Just noticed... when selecting between Mail widgets... option 2 and 3 are the same. Kinda odd.

Also, is there a setup or widget to allow all e-mail accounts to be displayed on one screen?

Guest Gonz7711
Just noticed... when selecting between Mail widgets... option 2 and 3 are the same. Kinda odd.

Also, is there a setup or widget to allow all e-mail accounts to be displayed on one screen?

I do not believe it is available in the desire rom. It was in the nexus rom both stock and modded. There was also the ability to multiple check boxes to select when deleting more than one email. That is also not possible with the desire rom.

Guest NexusCody

Folks, my Google voice with Alpha 11 is working perfectly fine. I'm getting voice mails transmitted fine and I can call out on the phone using either Google Voice or the Cell Network. I have GV configured to ask me for each and every call right now and things are working fine.

Bluetooth is still not working, but I understand that is still a known issue. Very tough one for me, I'd love to get this thing reconnected to my car BT and most notably the Nexus One Dock with BT which I'm using in my car for BT Stereo.

Wifi Tethering is still force closing, but Wired Tethering is working.

I continue to have some weird formatting issues with Google Reader but that is the only browser issue I've seen so far.

My 3G connectivity does seem to be better overall, I seem to be holding the H much more than earlier builds (yes I did update the radio). With that said, I've also noticed that battery drain is happening a bit quicker, but I guess that can be attributed to more 3g....

So far the only other force close (other than Wifi Tether) I've experienced is with the HTC Mail Client. Only happened once since the Rom load, which I did around 5pm Eastern today. I hadn't seen any force closes with mail under Alpha 10.

And My camera and flash are working perfectly fine. Flash fires and the picture exposes with the flash as it should be.

Lastly, I have been able to find the few apps i couldn't find under Alpha 10 in the Market, so Paul you definitely made progress there...

Paul, thanks so much....your efforts are greatly appreciated....

Edited by NexusCody