MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PhonePersona
Paul was able to help me with this one. You have to go to personalize in the settings menu and select it from there and it will work fine.

Or be imaginative.

Select the regular wallpaper and it takes you to the live wallpapers selection screen :(

I believe the technical term is 'flippin da script'.

Guest PhonePersona
Hey guys...

I'm here in Las Vegas too... just loaded the Alpha 11 build on and everything seems to be working a treat. I still see the "H" and not 3G (hmmm..) but still have the marketplace issue (not all downloaded apps showing) and in mail not seeing any pictures, just little "x". Google voice not available.

'H' is faster than 3G. Maybe Vegas has the HSPA network enabled in most areas.

Consider yourselves lucky if that's the case :(

Guest shoggot
Folks, my Google voice with Alpha 11 is working perfectly fine. I'm getting voice mails transmitted fine and I can call out on the phone using either Google Voice or the Cell Network. I have GV configured to ask me for each and every call right now and things are working fine.

<snip>

Well, great. For those that didn't see it as an option, how'd you do it? I'd personally love to know, as that was the major dealbreaker for me.

Guest DiscoScan
I do not believe it is available in the desire rom. It was in the nexus rom both stock and modded. There was also the ability to multiple check boxes to select when deleting more than one email. That is also not possible with the desire rom.

Thanks. Perhaps it will be possible with future mods. In the meantime it looks like the Pure Messenger widget works to bridge the gap.

Guest stevenbriggs

Yep, here in Vegas, we have HSPA enabled just about everywhere that I go, anyway...which is up by McCarran, and the Seven Hills/Highlands area.

'H' is faster than 3G. Maybe Vegas has the HSPA network enabled in most areas.

Consider yourselves lucky if that's the case :(

Edited by stevenbriggs

Guest bigmacman
Yep, here in Vegas, we have HSPA enabled just about everywhere that I go, anyway...which is up by McCarran, and the Seven Hills/Highlands area.

I installed Alpha 10. But I found out Gmail has some problem.

My Gmail can't read some embedded photo. There is a little X show.

Guest caveman_78
just wipe and flashed again.. works great now...

I just did that I cannot get my buttons lighting up yet, Is a known issue or It's only my issue?

Guest b0unce

Just wondering if anyone out there is getting a F/C when selecting Accounts & Sync in settings on Alpha 11.

Did wipe, and reflashed but still the same.

Edited by b0unce

Guest katermuc
Just wondering if anyone out there is getting a F/C when selecting Accounts & Sync in settings on Alpha 11.

Did wipe, and reflashed but still the same.

had the same problem først time installing alpha 11 (without news). When reflashing incl newsapp, it's working again.

Guest dipeshb
Paul was able to help me with this one. You have to go to personalize in the settings menu and select it from there and it will work fine.

I have my live wallpapers under the photo option after selecting wallpapers. This was there since an earlier alpha, and is still there now.

Guest teknologist
am suspecting it could be the new kernel

I really doubt it's the new kernel. Been using it for a week now on MCR 1.7 and have not seen a single issue.

And nothing related to 3G.

Usually those issues are related to radio rather than kernel!

Guest b0unce
had the same problem først time installing alpha 11 (without news). When reflashing incl newsapp, it's working again.

Confirmed fixed, thanks.

Guest atish solanki

I too have a same problem in fact without flash pics are better Paul pls do some thing and Bluetooth headset still not working

Guest huey-t
Just noticed... when selecting between Mail widgets... option 2 and 3 are the same. Kinda odd.

If you actually try both mail widgets they are slightly different, option2 has only subject line.. option3 has both subject line and preview of the actual message. It's just the widget preview in the widget setup that looks the same - i'm sure htc will fix this in future builds.

Guest thalib

I noticed a weird way of the upper led which is also used as a notification.. Until alpha 10 it blinks for new notifications but on alpha 11 it stays on for ever until u see what the new notification.. Just to let u know paul

Guest smonme
I noticed a weird way of the upper led which is also used as a notification.. Until alpha 10 it blinks for new notifications but on alpha 11 it stays on for ever until u see what the new notification.. Just to let u know paul

Also on alpha 11 same bug is present, Great work so far though, I dont mind the little things lol

Also on alpha 11 same bug is present, Great work so far though, I dont mind the little things lol

Ah yeah, I know what that problem is, easy fix. :( Playing with BT atm, no dice yet...

P

Guest Stea1thmode
I really doubt it's the new kernel. Been using it for a week now on MCR 1.7 and have not seen a single issue.

And nothing related to 3G.

Usually those issues are related to radio rather than kernel!

Yes, you're right, after reflashing the radio last night, I'm back on warp speed again.

Guest docchris1980

Great work paul, but the browser still doenst seem to work correctly with google reader, it formats fine at first, but as soon as you select an item it makes the page wider than the screen, which is a huge inconvenience. can you put the regular multitouch browser from the nexus one there instead?

Guest 7500usr
Ah yeah, I know what that problem is, easy fix. :( Playing with BT atm, no dice yet...

P

P,

BT is huge so thanks for spending the time on this, one other issue that is not a show stopper just annoying, when I am on a call and get another call coming in, I get this very high pitched noise in my ear, has anyone else reported this?

Guest christonge

Thanks for all you work Paul...

I've been using Alpha 11 for almost 24hrs now, it's working well and improving with each build! Cheers :(

Only issues so far are the ones that have been previously reported...

1. No back light on screen keys

2. Intermittent notification light missing

3. Constant sync symbol on task bar

4. Text to Speech doesn't work - Cannot connect to server (since Alpha 8) message

5. No zoom in camera app

6. Battery life

Chris

Edited by christonge

Guest T0yK4T

Is it possible to get the option to choose which Media player one wants?

The HTC one doesn't rotate (In music mode) and it's "Shuffle" mode S*CKS to say the least.

I liked the google one on the stock rom WAY better o.O

Any chance of that option being available? Or is the media player deeply integrated in to the sense UI?

Edit1: Oh and not sure if anyone's noticed this - when browsing images or the likes - anything really - when pressing the home button it keeps popping the "Complete Action With" {Android Default, HTC Sense} - this happens even if i select the "Always do this for this action" option thingie...

/T0y

-First post here XD lol

Edited by T0yK4T