MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Docmjldds
Ah yeah, I know what that problem is, easy fix. :( Playing with BT atm, no dice yet...

P

Paul, many users report market being fixed. Others state otherwise. My setup is still no go for market app showing the stuff that's missing. I still believe it's because the app thinks it's in the UK which is the only choice still for United States based English for Locale setting. When I was mucking around with Google applications, it even noted to me that I was NOT in the United States, when wanting to see all the available Google Mobile applications, and offered me to click a link that would actually show more Mobile Google option for the United States. (I'm in Las Vegas). The Locale issue IMHO would address this being totally fixed for all.

I have seen at least one user state his flash syncs perfect for pictures. My setup doesn't. Flash goes off too early, resulting in dark pix.

Google Voice here still doesn't call out with Google number, but I believe one user here states now that his setup works. Other users mention using about_debug command for some obscure iphone setting. Can you elaborate more on this? I don't know how to enablea local browser to not search online, when entering a command such as ...about_:debug... which I believe some users hee stated they inputed in an "HTC Browser" ????

I know on prior Rom, I was able to use the Nexus Torch app when shooting a photo. IOW, the torch would stay on, while opening the camera app. I was going to use this in the interim of the camera flash bug. And yes, know zoom here with Alpha 11, but working with Alpha 10.

Guest PhonePersona

This ROM is awesome!

Here are some things I've noticed that are still buggy

1. The smallest Calendar widget still says 'Loading' consistently in the background when selected.

2. The Camera LED flashes twice and degrades the final picture in doing so.

3. Bluetooth doesn't work

4. Google Voice integration and phone call hand-off isn't functional at all.

5. Wallpaper selection inverted (minor niggle)

6. Battery life was an issue (will see how much improvement I see now that its undervolted)

Keep doing the great work you do, Paul.

Guest asmirm
This ROM is awesome!

Here are some things I've noticed that are still buggy

1. The smallest Calendar widget still says 'Loading' consistently in the background when selected.

2. The Camera LED flashes twice and degrades the final picture in doing so.

3. Bluetooth doesn't work

4. Google Voice integration and phone call hand-off isn't functional at all.

5. Wallpaper selection inverted (minor niggle)

6. Battery life was an issue (will see how much improvement I see now that its undervolted)

Keep doing the great work you do, Paul.

The workaround the 4X1 calendar widget "Loading" issue is to remove it and go to your calendar settings, uncheck your calendar -> go back to home screen -> add the widget -> go back to calendar setting and check your calendar again.

Not that once you reboot your phone, the widget will still say "loading".... You'll just have to repeat these steps.

Hope that helps.

Guest lars1110
Thanks for all you work Paul...

I've been using Alpha 11 for almost 24hrs now, it's working well and improving with each build! Cheers :(

Only issues so far are the ones that have been previously reported...

1. No back light on screen keys

2. Intermittent notification light missing

3. Constant sync symbol on task bar

4. Text to Speech doesn't work - Cannot connect to server (since Alpha 8) message

5. No zoom in camera app

6. Battery life

Chris

to fix the zooming option i just lowered the res on the camera

Guest Gonz7711
Im running Alpha 11 Now..

Backlight on keys works fine..

Did you bake your alpha 11? Did you take out the sense UI? I removed as much of the sense as I could and my back light on the soft keys work fine. I prefer the original nexus custom rom but I have to have the Flash working in the browser.

Guest T7Labs
Did you bake your alpha 11? Did you take out the sense UI? I removed as much of the sense as I could and my back light on the soft keys work fine. I prefer the original nexus custom rom but I have to have the Flash working in the browser.

I baked it,

Updated from Alpha 10 which they worked then, as well as in Alpha 9..

Haven't touched a single thing on the phones settings other than my sync settings and ringtones.

One thing that still isn't working is the Android Market. Its still not showing certain apps for some reason. What can i do to help with this problem?

I haven't done a full wipe with Alpha 11 yet, id be happy to try this if you think it'd fix the problem with the Android Market.. FYI running Android Market V 1.71

Edited by T7Labs

Guest mallard729

hey Paul

Did you build the activesync for this or is this code from google somehow, very intrested in this, as google seems to have forgotten us corp users

Guest Aspergillus
hey Paul

Did you build the activesync for this or is this code from google somehow, very intrested in this, as google seems to have forgotten us corp users

ActiveSync is working fine including calendar sync.

I don't think Paul or Google implementued this..I think HTC did it...

Guest PhonePersona
hey Paul

Activesync is a provision from HTC.

Its part of the additional functionality they have added to their version of Android

Guest Android_Huy

Hi all.

I'm using Alpha 10 right now. One problem that's bugging me is the News and Weather widget from Google. Does anyone know how to set the news topics to US news instead of UK news ?

Guest aegdawson
Quick question...

I perform Nandroid backup... I wipe before installing the alpha...

If I want to revert back, do i just do a nandroid restore or do I have to flash a different rom first and THEN do a Nandroid restore?

Just wipe again and restore the previously backup image.

Guest PhonePersona
Hi all.

I'm using Alpha 10 right now. One problem that's bugging me is the News and Weather widget from Google. Does anyone know how to set the news topics to US news instead of UK news ?

You can try changing your locale.

Guest TJ Calbert

can anyone please help me with google voice calling. the native app and the orginal "phone" app does not connect me through google voice like it should. normally i have it set up to push everyone of my calls thorugh GV. that wasnt working so i tried ask me everytime. after i dial the number it does ask me, i select call with google voice, and it still doesnt. it shows up as the normal phone number... what gives... please please please HELP

Guest BrumBrum74
The workaround the 4X1 calendar widget "Loading" issue is to remove it and go to your calendar settings, uncheck your calendar -> go back to home screen -> add the widget -> go back to calendar setting and check your calendar again.

Not that once you reboot your phone, the widget will still say "loading".... You'll just have to repeat these steps.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. This worked for me.

Guest cortez
can anyone please help me with google voice calling. the native app and the orginal "phone" app does not connect me through google voice like it should. normally i have it set up to push everyone of my calls thorugh GV. that wasnt working so i tried ask me everytime. after i dial the number it does ask me, i select call with google voice, and it still doesnt. it shows up as the normal phone number... what gives... please please please HELP
the simple answer is that GV is not working (as designed) on Alpha 11 ROM like it does on the stock Nexus One ROM. you can make calls via the the browser by navigating to google.com/voice. not ideal, but a workaround until it's resolved.
Hi all. I'm using Alpha 10 right now. One problem that's bugging me is the News and Weather widget from Google. Does anyone know how to set the news topics to US news instead of UK news ?
did you try changing the Language to English (United States) via the All Programs->Setup option? mine is set to English (United States) and i get US specific feeds with the News Widget. hope this helps.

Guest JonnyRockets

Google Voice calling out is BROKEN.

Workaround:

www.google.com/voice

gv1.png

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest NexusCody

My Backlights are working perfectly fine. Keep in mind they use the sensor so if you have ambient light, they will not light up. Turn your lights off in the room and bang, you'll see'em.

Guest NexusCody

In my cooked version of the ROM, all Sense and pretty much most other preset options, only dropped Quickoffice, my Google Voice is working perfectly fine. I simply went up and downloaded the app from the market. I get the option to select GV or not on each call. When I select GV is sure seems to use GV. Are you saying you get the selection but it doesn't use GV?

I'm also getting GV Voice messages for incoming fine on the phone.

Guest smirnophe
My Backlights are working perfectly fine. Keep in mind they use the sensor so if you have ambient light, they will not light up. Turn your lights off in the room and bang, you'll see'em.

We told a lot of time that SOME people including me never get their backlights working in any condition with this ROM. It works perfectly with other ROM but not with Desire one. We all tried it in black and low light condition without any result. As it doesn't happen to everyone and even if it annoys me it cannot be considered as a high priority bug. I'm just hoping it will be solved in beta.

It can be a hardware difference between some devices, we don't know yet...

Guest JonnyRockets
In my cooked version of the ROM, all Sense and pretty much most other preset options, only dropped Quickoffice, my Google Voice is working perfectly fine. I simply went up and downloaded the app from the market. I get the option to select GV or not on each call. When I select GV is sure seems to use GV. Are you saying you get the selection but it doesn't use GV?

I'm also getting GV Voice messages for incoming fine on the phone.

Have you EXPLICITLY asked the other person you called what your number showed up as?