MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bakano

Dear Paul,

I have this "issue," although it really doesn't bother me too much, but whenever I turn off my screen via the lock button on top, my screen turns off, and then turns back on. It happens three times before it will stay off from the button push. I just let it turn on and turn back off now, so it's not so much a problem for me... just wanted to let you know what's going on on my end.

Also, whenever I hold down the top button to silence or reboot or whatever else is on that menu, it will pop up, and as soon as I let go of the top button, the screen locks. Maybe it's just some kind of personal timing issue lol, but that's all i have for now.

Thank you for the great ALPHA ROM =)

Guest DougEdey
Dear Paul,

I have this "issue," although it really doesn't bother me too much, but whenever I turn off my screen via the lock button on top, my screen turns off, and then turns back on. It happens three times before it will stay off from the button push. I just let it turn on and turn back off now, so it's not so much a problem for me... just wanted to let you know what's going on on my end.

Also, whenever I hold down the top button to silence or reboot or whatever else is on that menu, it will pop up, and as soon as I let go of the top button, the screen locks. Maybe it's just some kind of personal timing issue lol, but that's all i have for now.

Sounds like you have a dodgy button, take off the battery cover and give it a good blow incase anything is caught in there. Basically you're getting two presses instead of one

Guest sasha26
Dear Paul,

I have this problem as well, I origianlly thought it was a problem with the ROM, but it turned out to be a physical problem with the switch... I used DustOff to blow out the switch, both on the upper and lower edge of the switch. It works! :(

Guest PhonePersona
Hey, How do you upgrade Amon Ra's recovery image? Thanks

You pretty much just go thru the initial recovery image flash process again from the Fastboot screen (power button + trackball) and replace the 1.53 version of the recovery image with 1.62 (I installed the Green Care Bear version :()

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Guest PhonePersona
Hi Paul and contributors,

Thank you for your amazing work on the N1 w/ Sense. I find it so much more intuitive to my work flow. I can actually use an Android phone for Business now!

I have all the same wants/needs etc- bluetooth, perfect camera bla bla bla...

But here are a couple of questions I'd like answered by anyone that can...

1) What is the BEST, FASTEST way to search through these long threads so I don't ask redundant questions. Excuse my ignorance.

2) I have a folder on my SD Card /Music. On HTC Music player, most of my files don't show up. Through Astro File Manager, they are all there, when I try to launch through Astro, .m4a is not recognized by HTC Music. Can anyone else confirm this? I've had those same files in that same folder since my N1 was stock and .m4a played fine. Only NOW do they not work. I am still using the SD that came with the phone, and the tracks that were shipped also do not work in HTC Music Player. Is this related to Sense UI?

3) I HATE HTC Lock Screen- Is there no way to make standard N1 screen an option in Kitchen? I'm assuming it's too integrated into Sense?

Thanks!

Try renaming M4a to Mp3. I know it sounds weird but its worked for me before :(

Guest Johnston212
I don't see why not.

These ROMS don't discriminate beyond the point that the hardware can support them.

If its a Desire, then the Desire ROM will run on it.

You'll most likely need to root the phone and install a recovery ROM, but after that, its plain sailing.

This is all just conjecture of course :(

Um...just wish I knew how to do all that....

Guest LilRedzMD

Paul,

Yeah for the next update I think thats all that needs to be fixed is the Bluetooth all the other stuff and bugs people are complaining about is weak...this is in Alpha stage ppl, come on now, this ROM hasnt been even released in UK yet, lls, but I do wanna say to add to the Bluetooth fix just add the option of changing the trackball lighting to diffrent notifications and I will be happier then a fat kid in a candy store. Awesome work Paul! You need to teach HTC some stuff lol!!!!

Paul if you could give us all a descript of what is to be expected in the next update I think it will put alot of us at ease...Thanks Again Paul!

Lil' Redz From Baltimore, MD

Guest Docmjldds

<<Or just wait till the Alpha becomes a Beta or the Beta becomes a final release smile.gif

I think we all here are gluttons for punishment when it comes to toys. Anyways, the wipe prior to the flash fixed it for me. US option was the first thing that popped up during setup on the first run after the wipe. Market is now fixed too, which just confirms what I always thought was the issue. Anyways...thanks for the .img info

Guest dipeshb

Hi Paul,

Don't know if this will be a help or a hinderance, but just changed my rom back to Cy's for the blutooth and I notice that my pause/play button works on that 'stock' rom but doesnt on the Desire ones. Dont know if that helps in your investigations. Also the Desire's BT music streaming is far clearer than stock.

Edited by dipeshb

Hey LilRedzMD,

According to Paul this is what is coming in the next release.... He has said that BT isnt likely to be fixed in alpha, it depends on HTC fixing stuff...

Upcoming Alpha 12 changelog so faqr:

- Teknologist's TCK 0.7 kernel (speedy!)

- RIL updates (more connection quality and stability in my experience)

- Live Wallpapers ordering fix

- Optional Nexus One boot animation

- Desk Clock (Dock) music app fix

- jonasl's patched and improved HTC IME

Alpha 12 should be online later today, depending on what I happen to fix / change this morning. :(

P

I have been using the alpha 7 (yes, thats right) rom for a week... no major problems AT ALL... a few hiccups (like 2), but no, bluetooth isnt in the least of my interest, I dont use it at all... its just a battery hog imho, and I think I (as well as anyone else) with a BT headphone look like a bell-end (no disrespect meant).... so you shouldnt say stuff like this....

I think thats all that needs to be fixed is the Bluetooth all the other stuff and bugs people are complaining about is weak...this is in Alpha stage ppl, come on now, this ROM hasnt been even released in UK yet

imho bluetooth is weak...

:(

Forums are a bitch so maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but you sound really demanding, maybe you should get a subscription then that would encourage Paul to work even harder to please you :(

Edited by RoyN

Guest hks18psigst

Bluetooth and a minor glitch that I noticed since alpha 1... app tray arrow in launcher seems to switch from little to big... I know these are alpha releases so no big issue but just want it to be a known issue.

Guest rsbianchi

Thanks for a great ROM that keeps getting better and better. I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong of it the flash timing is still off on some people?

thanks

Guest cortez
2) I have a folder on my SD Card /Music. On HTC Music player, most of my files don't show up. Through Astro File Manager, they are all there, when I try to launch through Astro, .m4a is not recognized by HTC Music. Can anyone else confirm this? I've had those same files in that same folder since my N1 was stock and .m4a played fine. Only NOW do they not work. I am still using the SD that came with the phone, and the tracks that were shipped also do not work in HTC Music Player. Is this related to Sense UI?
my m4a and (non-DRM) wma music files are playing via HTC Music player. did you try to open the music file via the HTC Music Player? i believe that when launching via Astro, it's Astro that doesn't know what app to use to play the file. from within Astro File Manager, i added new mime types for m4a and wma files and they can be launched from there as well.:

1. 1 - Menu->Preferences->Edit File Extensions->New Extension
    2 - Extension Name: m4a
    3 - Mime Type: audio
    4 - SubType: mpeg
    5 - Save
    6 - Repeat for wma; use Extension Name: wma, Mime Type and SubType settings the same as M4a.
hope my suggestion works for you! Edited by cortez

Guest PhonePersona
Um...just wish I knew how to do all that....

'Seek and you shall find'.

There's all kinds of information on this site that tells you what to do.

You can also try www.theunlockr.com

They not only have written instructions, but Video (for all you dyslexics :() tutorials with step-by-step details.

Guest smirnophe
Forums are a bitch so maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but you sound really demanding, maybe you should get a subscription then that would encourage Paul to work even harder to please you :(

+1

Guest lars1110
Has anyone else had a high pitch ringing when call waiting is activated. Everytime i am on a call and another one comes in, i get this high pitch noise and have not found a way to turn any notification sounds on or off. I am using A11.

yea same here i think its just a feature though a weird feature if you ask me haha

Been 'underground' a bit today really focusing on particular issues with this ROM, and you know we've probably overlooked what is IMHO gonna be the toughest nut to crack - trackball notifications.

I've drilled down super-deep today and it's going to be a serious effort to resolve I think. That said, i'm on it and enlisting the help of some experts... :(

P

Guest lars1110
Been 'underground' a bit today really focusing on particular issues with this ROM, and you know we've probably overlooked what is IMHO gonna be the toughest nut to crack - trackball notifications.

I've drilled down super-deep today and it's going to be a serious effort to resolve I think. That said, i'm on it and enlisting the help of some experts... :(

P

i can help ive taken apart your roms before i was thinking asking the developer of trackball notifier to see if he would let you use his application and integrate it into the settings applications on the phone. its a start but as for following the trackball service that activates the trackball leds im looking into that myself on cyanogenmods latest rom and takeing it apart and noteing certain services and such just to see whats happening but as of right now im at school so i dont have enough time ill post my findings if i find something significant. im familiar with all sorts of codes and software for windows, linux, mac, and android platfoms. just let me know if you need/want any help just let me know of what you need done and what i need to do

Guest hah2110
i can help ive taken apart your roms before i was thinking asking the developer of trackball notifier to see if he would let you use his application and integrate it into the settings applications on the phone. its a start but as for following the trackball service that activates the trackball leds im looking into that myself on cyanogenmods latest rom and takeing it apart and noteing certain services and such just to see whats happening but as of right now im at school so i dont have enough time ill post my findings if i find something significant. im familiar with all sorts of codes and software for windows, linux, mac, and android platfoms. just let me know if you need/want any help just let me know of what you need done and what i need to do

When will A12 be up?

Guest Solom_on
i want the N1 lockscreen too... pleeeeeaaaaseee! :(

What is good in N1 lockscreen? I didn't use mute option at all. Desire Lockscreen is much better + music player controls.

N1 lockscreen only as an option in kitchen.