MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 18.4009
just got A14 up and running. i use the stock nexus messaging app instead of the desire one (the out of order texts bugged me too much). is there a way to get color notifications using the stock messaging app?

I would try out handcent. It works flawless and free of the market. Can change your trackball color with it also.

Guest xkonni
I would try out handcent. It works flawless and free of the market. Can change your trackball color with it also.

i made a mod to the stock app to support changing notification colors, according to the code used in cyanogens rom.

you can find it in this forum.

try it if you want to, but do make a backup, as i do not know if it works in the desire rom.

Guest ray9993

I have tried out the alpha12 version, I faced a problem when installing a pack for enabling Arabic that originally worked perfectly on my N1 Cyanogen 5.0.4.1. But when I tried to flash it with the alpha12 ROM it caused a lot of apps to force stop working (Gmail, Facebook, SETTINGS).

Any suggestions or help?

I got the pack for Arabic from this site: See Link

Great work BTW.

Tried out A12, it was great. finally got modaco adfree upgrade, cooked a copy of A14. was really glad that it's working great. really grateful for this ROM.

great work paul.

but it seems i can't access User Dictionary yet. just shows me a message "The application Touch Input (process com.htc.android.htcime) has stopped unexpectedly." did i missed out anything? I did a wipe before flashing thou.

And I have no idea on the limitations of the current flash player. (I know, it's stupid. i tried loading farmville on facebook but it shows me that there's not enough memory for the flash content to be displayed.)

can anyone enlighten me on that?

Guest JimmyFraser
awesome! if i were a girl i'll kiss ya. but then again, i'm a dude

I think your ment to say

awesome! if i were a girl i'll kiss ya. but then again, i'm a dude ill buy you a beer

Guest Qiuness

I`m running the latest desire ROM who finds the adhoc network created using conectify but does not connect to it.

Any tips on how to achieve this?

So Teknologist and I have been doing some investigative work on the 'USB connection type popup' issue, and it turns out that for it to work properly, we have to include some functions from the Desire kernel, which we can probably only do after HTC release the Desire kernel source. Bummer.

We are still working on it tho... <_<

P

Guest NeidRider
So does anyone else's about screen, software show that its A13 even though I've installed A14 the noncooked one, the one thats generally offered? In the about screen it says A13, this is the first time thats been "left out"? Or is it my own ROM not being A14? Please confirm!

Yay, just found the same in my "about".... Maybe that just wasn't edited, as Alpha 14 seems to have been a small release?

Yay, just found the same in my "about".... Maybe that just wasn't edited, as Alpha 14 seems to have been a small release?

As Paul said, he forgot to edit the build.prop file, so it still says A13 but it actually is A14. It's been fixed in the kitchen builds.

Guest Docmjldds
So does anyone else's about screen, software show that its A13 even though I've installed A14 the noncooked one, the one thats generally offered? In the about screen it says A13, this is the first time thats been "left out"? Or is it my own ROM not being A14? Please confirm!

Paul already posted on this. You have 14. The kitchen cooked versions have the correct about. He just didn't show the correct version in the uncooked alpha 14 versions. You ARE on 14.

Guest k2bk2bk2b

This build is nice. just have to monitor the battery life for me... bugs such as bluetooth and flash i could live with...

I love sense ui so much i wont need to theme anything.... <_<

ps. i wrote a suggestion in xda dev, hoping it can be done here also. (a much needed guide on upgrading and downgrading radios via Amon RA recovery and Fastboot would be great.) there's a whole load of misunderstanding with radio and custom roms using ERE27

Edited by k2bk2bk2b

Hi guys,

First of all, Paul, you are doing an awsome work, you deffenetly improved my N1. Thanks alot for the effort.

I have 2 questions though:

1. Is there a date for HTC Desire release? Will there gonna be a officail version of Desire ROM to download?

2. I have the Alpha 10 vesrion and it is great. The only two things that bothering me is the lack of bluetoth support and somewhy my battery life is extreamely short, one day max. Does anyone else has the same issue?

Paul once again, thanks for everything!! <_<

Guest PhonePersona

Just discovered an issue with toggling 'Airplane Mode' from the power off screen.

Hitting airplane mode just kinda left the phone in a weird state where the airplane mode wasn't really on, but wasn't really off either.

I was also unable to disable airplane mode from the power off screen.

In settings it showed that airplane mode was 'off' (even though it was on and greyed out on the power menu)

Rebooting the phone brought it into airplane mode which I was then able to disable from the power screen.

Sorry if this reads weird...I'm getting over the flu <_<

Guest JoeIndy

The trackball notifications are a great addition, but I found one issue with them. They still flash the trackball even when the HTC Desk Clock is in "dark" mode. The stock firmware doesn't do this. Any chance that can be adjusted in a future release? Odds are it's something that'll have to be pushed upstream to the guys who worked on the notifications.

Thanks!

Guest anthdroid

Hi everyone,

Trackball notifications HAVE in fact superseded usage of the LED (Alpha 7, I believe), correct?

I was wondering if the LED was still a possibility in these later Alphas. If so, how can I get that functionality?

I like the trackball lighting, and I know it was a priority- but the LED is less intrusive for business user- in terms of meetings and at night (green light scared the hell out of me, lol).

At the very least, how does everyone tame trackball notifications to their personal taste?

Thanks!

Yeah, I've noticed this as an issue too, it's related to the fact they flash when screen is on. I'll have a think about the best way to solve the 'when docked' issue...

P

Hi everyone,

Trackball notifications HAVE in fact superseded usage of the LED (Alpha 7, I believe), correct?

I was wondering if the LED was still a possibility in these later Alphas. If so, how can I get that functionality?

I like the trackball lighting, and I know it was a priority- but the LED is less intrusive for business user- in terms of meetings and at night (green light scared the hell out of me, lol).

At the very least, how does everyone tame trackball notifications to their personal taste?

Thanks!

I can add the other behaviour to the kitchen...

P

Guest anthdroid
I can add the other behaviour to the kitchen...

P

That would be fantastic, Paul- I'd greatly appreciate this!

I will report back once that's an option in the kitchen- you sir are a freakin lifesaver!

BTW Paul, HTC Music app does support .m4a. I'm just an idiot- I don't think my SD card was ejected correctly on my Ubuntu machine, and it corrupted those songs.

Guest anthdroid
Paul,

Was wondering if the camera zoom was a known issue or not? B/c my camera zoom does not work on A14.

Thanks.

Definitely known by Paul and others.

At the bottom of each page is the Search box, it only searches this thread and is a quick way to to see previously reported issues. It's really helped me out going through all these pages.

Edited by anthdroid