MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest NeidRider

Is there ANY chance that bluetooth will become usable/stable in the near future?

Looks great otherwise, but that keeps me off this ROM for daily use (and NO, the hack mentioned in this thread doesn't work, at least not with my handsfree(s)).

Guest PhonePersona
lol. i tried to avoid it but i couldn't help myself.

No worries. The fact that you're called 'HueyFreeman' is already a plus in my book <_<

How's Riley, Grand Dad and Uncle Ruckus doin'? :mellow:

Guest paulytran

Paul first of all, I'd like to say, I love your name. Second I love the ROM and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. A few things I encountered: Google contacts don't automatically link facebook with google contacts? Does anyone know how to do this? They offer suggestions individually but I was looking for a "use all suggestions" button. Also, for the trackball colour, is it supposed to force close in the notifications? I read back to when A14 was released and found nothing. Thank you so much for your time by the way.

Guest PhonePersona
Oops...not to beat a dead horse, but after first seeing that one could choose Google Voicemail as a choice in settings, I thought too, it would work. But...I also since tried the "official" posted workaround and at least for me, the call would only go thru using my cell number and not Google Voice number. (Using the google.com/voice method). The only way I could make a call using my Google voice number was to use the method I mentioned to call your own number followed by prompts to place a call. I haven't seen any posts regarding this specifically, but then I haven't finished reading the last three or more pages of posts. If this issue is just peculiar to my setup, sorry for being repetitious.

You get a pass this time around <_<

The work around is to use www.google.com/voice from the phone browser.

If you log in, you can make calls directly from it.

There's a UAString change you can make if you want the fancy UI that GV uses for iPhones.

Do a search in this topic for 'about:debug'.

Good luck :mellow:

Guest Deathwish238

How many of you use Titanium Backup to backup your phone entirely and then flash a new ROM and restore using Titanium Backup? Do you ever encounter any errors from recovering possibly outdated or conflicting items?

Guest utomi

I think i found a bug:

If i put the HTC Calendar widget(the little one) to the Homescreen, it's alwalys LOADING. It is mean always say this message. It's really annoying.

Guest senorbuck
I just sent an G-Mail with attached pix and it displays fine for me when looking at sent mail. Yes, Alpha 14.

Same here (when I was running A14 <_<)

Guest 7wonders
Is there anyway to uninstall the htc swipe down lock screen and only have the gesture unlock screen? If not would it be possible to not include the htc lock screen as an "option" in the kitchen Paul?

Has anyone figured out how to do this or is this a possible option Paul??

Guest DougEdey

Paul,

I've got the opposite of no softkey lighting, mine are on all the time on the deskclock in nightmode. Is this related to the trackball notifications when the docked phone is in nightmode?

Guest DougEdey
I'm sure that's the behaviour on the stock ROM too no?

P

Not from memory, I'll go back to it tonight and double check though. It keeps me up at night now (that and the flashing green mail notification) I used to just put the phone on silent in the dock and it was fine.

We're looking at home to disable the flashing trackball when docked, but running MCR 1.9 (based on stock) I definitely still get illumination on the key lights!

P

Guest k2bk2bk2b

I've been going back and forth most threads here.

Can someone please confirm if we can downgrade the radio via fastboot or Amon RA Recovery?

Eg.

fastboot would be thru which image file? (insecure by paul?)

I have no issues upgrading would like to confrim on downgrading.

Guest DougEdey
We're looking at home to disable the flashing trackball when docked, but running MCR 1.9 (based on stock) I definitely still get illumination on the key lights!

P

Are they full brightness or dimmed?

Guest roy4ik

I found another bug in A14(wiped before upgrading)...since i upgraded i'm not able to search manually for network operators anymore.

the auto search works but prefers log into roaming services....

Is anybody else having this kind of problem?or at least an idea how to fix it?

In the stock rom same as in a14 you get a notification when you're running out of service coverage(then usually you have to search for operators) in the desire you just get that notification but in the stock you can simply click on that notification to search for operators.

if there was any way or tweak to have the same feature on the desire rom this would help my a lot.

Guest ascito

P

That's what I have underlined in MCR 1.9 thread. MCR 1.9 is an excellent ROM. Very good battery life and still no calibration display issue occured untill now.

<_<

Guest Deathwish238
Not from memory, I'll go back to it tonight and double check though. It keeps me up at night now (that and the flashing green mail notification) I used to just put the phone on silent in the dock and it was fine.

Just turn off your sync at night via widget.

Because i'm a bit reckless (<_<), I just tried to do the thing I told you all NOT to do about 110 (guess) pages back... flashing the Bravo hboot on the Nexus One.

The outcome? It appeared to flash OK, but when I went into bootloader, it hadn't updated. I also get a signature failure trying to flash via fastboot.

Hmmm... at least I still have a working device I guess! :mellow:

P

Guest bahadur.choongh
Because i'm a bit reckless (<_<), I just tried to do the thing I told you all NOT to do about 110 (guess) pages back... flashing the Bravo hboot on the Nexus One.

The outcome? It appeared to flash OK, but when I went into bootloader, it hadn't updated. I also get a signature failure trying to flash via fastboot.

Hmmm... at least I still have a working device I guess! :mellow:

P

can you fix the friendstream app, early roms it worked brilliantly, not any more though

Guest MacShade
I just sent an G-Mail with attached pix and it displays fine for me when looking at sent mail. Yes, Alpha 14.

This is also a big problem for me, in google mail i'm not able to see images, either in sent or received email.

And also please tell me how to put stock unlock/lock screen on this rom. I hate HTC unlock/lock screen.

Keep up the good work.

Guest brenoit

hello

great news for trackball notification i was waiting for it!

nevertheless, i didn't find the right post which explain how to configure it

can you repost the link?

thanks

Guest PhonePersona
can you fix the friendstream app, early roms it worked brilliantly, not any more though

The friendstream app is working just fine. I'm on Alpha 14