"Free" International Texting?

Guest bakano

Hello ALL,

So I've done some googling and am not finding any definite answers. Is there anyone out there that may know of a SMS app that allows international texts to be sent/received for free? I guess that's really it. I wish this could be longer, but that's really my only question lol...

Hello ALL,

So I've done some googling and am not finding any definite answers. Is there anyone out there that may know of a SMS app that allows international texts to be sent/received for free? I guess that's really it. I wish this could be longer, but that's really my only question lol...

Hi, yes there is something like this and there are quite a few for a very low price.

If you just accept "for free" have a look at "goText". You need to run "J2ME" or "JavaBox" on your Android device.

If you say, ok I spend 1-6 cent per SMS unit then have a look at Cherry SMS, Fishtext, SMSBug ... To run this you need WebSMS from the market.

Edited by Phanes

Guest AndyCr15

That's US only I think.

ChompSMS will let you send text's anywhere in the world for about 7p I think. Voxofon lets you do it for about 5cent I think, but I haven't used that yet.

Guest stealth658

It's US only as in you have to have a US phone number to sign up, but I'm in Pakistan right now, and I've sent and gotten plenty of text messages from people here.

Hi, yes there is something like this and there are quite a few for a very low price.

If you just accept "for free" have a look at "goText". You need to run "J2ME" or "JavaBox" on your Android device.

If you say, ok I spend 1-6 cent per SMS unit then have a look at Cherry SMS, Fishtext, SMSBug ... To run this you need WebSMS from the market.

wow buddy thank you so much! perfect... you saved my life lol =P