Best Car Adapter for the Hero?

Guest Funkyfin2000

Guest descenpet
Second one looks the better by far.

I'm on the lookout for one where it'll hold it horizontal and the camera doesn't get blocked, so I can use AugSatNav! Anyone?

doesn't that second one match your description? seems you can turn it 360 degrees and there is a hole for camera? :D

doesn't that second one match your description? seems you can turn it 360 degrees and there is a hole for camera? :D

To be fair it looks lower down on the holder compared to where the camera is :D

Guest volatile_ink

Replaced my TomTom with Co-Pilot and therefore needed a mount, picked-up one of these at Halfords for £7.99. It clips onto an air-vent with two clips and has optional fold out feet to hold the Hero in place.

IMHO, I find vent mounted better than suction-cups as there's less fiddling, there more compact and also more discreet.

Edited by volatile_ink

Guest 35MMSLR
Best car holder/adapter I have tested is from Brodit.se... you get them in pasive and active both for permanent installing and for the cigaret lighter....

I agree. The Brodit holder is one of the main reasons for me not getting an N1. Only just purchased the active fully fitted and then they release the N1.

You can't beat the quality.

Guest kayceejayh
Anyone got a link for the brodit one?

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/ are the UK supplier - you need a ProClip for your car (they have pretty much EVERY car sold) then the phone holder that you screw onto the ProClip. Whenever you get a new phone you can keep the ProClip and just screw the new holder into it. The ProClips are designed so they don't do any damage to your car, in most cases they just clip into place. Thety are very very good. They are a little expensive, but really do look the part.

K

Guest Dr Hotdog

I've got the official HTC Hero-specific car kit (bracket and charger). Others may be better (Brodit?) or cheaper, but I've been extremely happy with it. The bracket is very easy to install and holds onto the windscreen well, grips the phone securely without making it difficult to insert/remove, has a rotatable head so you can have the phone horizontal or vertical, and wouldn't obscure the phone's camera when it's in the mount. I'd recommend it.

Edited by Dr Hotdog

Guest cyberden

I bought this one :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Support-voiture-Rotatif...=item56357a39af

It took a while to come from Hong Kong but it's working great, you can use the phone in portrait and landscape mode, it's small, you can put and remove the phone easily and best of all, it's cheap!

Edit : plus, the seller is correct. As my first shipment didn't seem to have make it to me, I mailed him and he sent a second shipment without any questions. The day after, I received my first shipment so I got everything twice for the price of one (the second package was sent already)...

Edited by cyberden