N1 acting odd since unlocking bootloader

Guest androidtx

Guest androidtx

After seeing some of the things coming down the pipeline, like CM stable, and the desire rom, I decided to start toward the path of using modded roms on my N1(used CM for a long time on my G1), and used fastboot and the SDK to unlock the boot loader on my N1. Of course when I did that, it did a wipe of my data on my phone, which I think is pretty dumb, since it is not like I had my phone secured with a lock or anything.

Anyhow, ever since then I have been having strange occurrances like the MT on my browser suddenly stopping working, text message sending failing, and the phone not able to switch between 3g and 2g if I go into the settings to force 2g. It will often take a reboot and often a battery pull to get things going again. I also had one time on a reboot it just endlessly looped that nexus logo, and failed to make it to the OS. Prior to that, I really had zero problems. I am wondering what my best course of action would be. I am on the stock rom with the stock update.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I was thinking maybe my best course is flashing back to the original shipping rom, and then re-flashing the update with the MT as well, though I am pretty confused on exactly what roms I need in order to do this. It seems the original shipping rom is no longer downloadable in the thread in this forum, just the E36B update one.

Thanks

After seeing some of the things coming down the pipeline, like CM stable, and the desire rom, I decided to start toward the path of using modded roms on my N1(used CM for a long time on my G1), and used fastboot and the SDK to unlock the boot loader on my N1. Of course when I did that, it did a wipe of my data on my phone, which I think is pretty dumb, since it is not like I had my phone secured with a lock or anything.

Anyhow, ever since then I have been having strange occurrances like the MT on my browser suddenly stopping working, text message sending failing, and the phone not able to switch between 3g and 2g if I go into the settings to force 2g. It will often take a reboot and often a battery pull to get things going again. I also had one time on a reboot it just endlessly looped that nexus logo, and failed to make it to the OS. Prior to that, I really had zero problems. I am wondering what my best course of action would be. I am on the stock rom with the stock update.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I was thinking maybe my best course is flashing back to the original shipping rom, and then re-flashing the update with the MT as well, though I am pretty confused on exactly what roms I need in order to do this. It seems the original shipping rom is no longer downloadable in the thread in this forum, just the E36B update one.

Thanks

i haven't experienced similar problems yet. think you just have to reflash any rom and its good again.

if you want to back to stock, take ere27. ere36b got market issues, unless you include a modified build.prop - but that would not be stock anymore then.

its right here. I'd suggest you take 'ERE27 - update zip format', flash via recovery.

Or stay rooted and install a custom rom of your choice :D

Guest androidtx
i haven't experienced similar problems yet. think you just have to reflash any rom and its good again.

if you want to back to stock, take ere27. ere36b got market issues, unless you include a modified build.prop - but that would not be stock anymore then.

its right here. I'd suggest you take 'ERE27 - update zip format', flash via recovery.

Or stay rooted and install a custom rom of your choice :D

Just an FYI, my bootloader is unlocked, but I am not rooted. I downloaded the stock ere27, do I need to just rename it update.zip and flash it?

Thanks for your help.

Guest craigacgomez
Just an FYI, my bootloader is unlocked, but I am not rooted. I downloaded the stock ere27, do I need to just rename it update.zip and flash it?

Thanks for your help.

No, the stock ERE27 is a full ROM, not an update ROM. It flashes all the partitions on the phone. The simplest way to install this is to rename the zip to PASSIMG.zip and copy it to the SD card. Reboot in bootloader. Once there, select bootloader and press the power button. Then press the vol-down key and the phone will look for PASSIMG.zip and and ask you if you want to flash it...

Have fun!!!

Guest androidtx
No, the stock ERE27 is a full ROM, not an update ROM. It flashes all the partitions on the phone. The simplest way to install this is to rename the zip to PASSIMG.zip and copy it to the SD card. Reboot in bootloader. Once there, select bootloader and press the power button. Then press the vol-down key and the phone will look for PASSIMG.zip and and ask you if you want to flash it...

Have fun!!!

Thanks I got it to where it says "loading passimg.zip", and then "checking "passimg.zip", but then it never really does anything, it never asks me if I want to install it.

Thanks I got it to where it says "loading passimg.zip", and then "checking "passimg.zip", but then it never really does anything, it never asks me if I want to install it.

then it probably failed the check.

There are three types of images here

IMAGE FORMAT, which you put in /sdcard/PASSIMG.zip and flash via bootloader.

OFFICIAL UPDATE PATCH, put on /sdcard/update.zip, flash via default recovery.

UPDATE ZIP FORMAT, which have to be flashed via custom recovery (amon_ra).

i don't think there's a full image for ere27 around, just an update from erd79.

so either flash "ERD79 - image Format" in bootloader "ERD79 to ERE27 - official update patch zip" via recovery,

or take "ERE27 - update zip format", and flash it in (custom!) recovery.

Edited by xkonni

Guest androidtx
then it probably failed the check.

There are three types of images here

IMAGE FORMAT, which you put in /sdcard/PASSIMG.zip and flash via bootloader.

OFFICIAL UPDATE PATCH, put on /sdcard/update.zip, flash via default recovery.

UPDATE ZIP FORMAT, which have to be flashed via custom recovery (amon_ra).

i don't think there's a full image for ere27 around, just an update from erd79.

so either flash "ERD79 - image Format" in bootloader "ERD79 to ERE27 - official update patch zip" via recovery,

or take "ERE27 - update zip format", and flash it in (custom!) recovery.

Ok, thanks a lot, I was a little confused by the naming conventions. So basically I can just downgrade to ERD79, and then apply the update like I did before.

Thanks for the clarification.