New Hero + Custom ROMS

Guest deadfolk

Guest deadfolk

Hi All,

Just got my new Hero, and I want to load the MoDaCo custom ROM, but where to start?

I'm totally new to Android and there's a few different guides here, but they all seem quite old. Can anybody please point me in the right direction to get started? Perhaps point me to a guide which you know is still valid?

My phone is on 2.73.405.66.

Any help would be most appreciated.

DF

Guest starscrean
Hi All,

Just got my new Hero, and I want to load the MoDaCo custom ROM, but where to start?

I'm totally new to Android and there's a few different guides here, but they all seem quite old. Can anybody please point me in the right direction to get started? Perhaps point me to a guide which you know is still valid?

My phone is on 2.73.405.66.

Any help would be most appreciated.

DF

http://tinyurl.com/ydlty6e

Sick burn :D.

But tbh it really isn't for anyone here to tell you exactly how/what to do it, that's not really what the forum is for. There are plenty of guides available if you do indeed Google the subject. The obvious place I would start is looking into rooting your hero, you need to do this to basically do anything on the device involving roms

The unlockr updated 10th of jan

Edited by jay8ee

Guest Dr. dre

The only way for you is goldcard method Follow that, then flash a custom recovery and from there flash the Modaco 3.1. Here the link for Goldcard Method

theunlockr.com/2009/10/18/how-to-downgrade-your-htc-hero-so-it-can-be-rooted/