new to android and the nexus

Guest dimiboy

Guest dimiboy

hi.

im new to android and i've got the Nexus One...

here is what i allready did:

unlocked the bootloader.

applied SU.

updated to ere27 (not the radio)

now i just cant understand yet many things...

1. when i downloaded the update of ere27 (from modaco as i remember) why didnt it came with the radio update?

2. what does the radio update do?

3. ive seen another update for ere36b, whats new there?

4. what is RA recovery or something like that?

5. why i see different roms like cg 5 and so on? what do they add?

6. if i want a custom rom, will it wipe all the data?

7. what does the nandroid backup saves? and where is it saved? (so i will copy it just in case to my pc)

8. if i install different rom, from the desire for example, can i go back and somehow restore everything like all my apps and data and settings like wallpapers and homescreens?

9. will it be possible in the future to grab the sense ui to the standard rom and other things?

im sorry for those noob questions but can you please help me out guys?

Hi dimiboy.

I'm going to try to answer your questions.

For anything I miss or incorrectly state, somebody please correct me.

1. There is a separate zip file that comes directly from Google/HTC on this forum post here. It is under "ERD79 to ERE27 - official update patch zip." It includes the radio update.

2. The radio update is supposed to fix some 3G issues people have been reporting.

3. ERE36B is leaked update from HTC that is supposed to add more fixes to the 3G issues.

4. RA Recovery is a recovery image that is created by the user Amon_RA. See post here. It adds more options compared to original stock recovery image, such as Nandroid backup.

5. Different roms add different apps preinstalled (some taken out, some added in), different kernels, scripts, UI elements, etc. Why they exist? Because they can. :D

6. You will lose data settings like ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Not the actual files, just the settings.

If you do a Nandroid backup, then no you will not lose any data. It'll be in 3 files: boot.img, data.img, and system.img, so you can restore it back to the state it was in when you performed a backup. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=459830

7. Nandroid backups saves everything: your settings, apps, placements of widgets on the homescreen, etc. It allows you to restore your phone back to the ROM you had before, along with all accounts/settings/apps intact. It is saved on your SD Card in a folder called "nandroid." See #6

8. See #7

9. The "standard ROM" is just Google Android, which you have on your Nexus One (version 2.1 update-1 to be exact). Sense UI is HTC's doing as they build it with Android, not on top of it. If you want Sense UI, ROM flashing is it.

Please search around for answers from now on until you absolutely cannot find one before starting a topic. These questions are very common.

Have a good one.

hi.

im new to android and i've got the Nexus One...

here is what i allready did:

unlocked the bootloader.

applied SU.

updated to ere27 (not the radio)

now i just cant understand yet many things...

1. when i downloaded the update of ere27 (from modaco as i remember) why didnt it came with the radio update?

2. what does the radio update do?

3. ive seen another update for ere36b, whats new there?

4. what is RA recovery or something like that?

5. why i see different roms like cg 5 and so on? what do they add?

6. if i want a custom rom, will it wipe all the data?

7. what does the nandroid backup saves? and where is it saved? (so i will copy it just in case to my pc)

8. if i install different rom, from the desire for example, can i go back and somehow restore everything like all my apps and data and settings like wallpapers and homescreens?

9. will it be possible in the future to grab the sense ui to the standard rom and other things?

im sorry for those noob questions but can you please help me out guys?