[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
yes it gets started:

04-09-2010 15:50:56 === Starting /system/sbin/run.sh

=====================

04-09-2010 15:50:56 Starting /data/run/cpu_up_threshold

=====================

the problem is i don't have setcpu installed! ;)

it seems there is something else setting up_threshold, it was working in lcd1.2.3 (not tested with 1.2.4). maybe new bin?

logboot output in attach.

I had a look at your log and you script was lauched.

It may be in the kernel but i have no seen this parameter in the init

in 1.3, setCpu is included in the rom, use it to set your value. If you don't find it (would be strange) install it from market. (I can't send it via forum : this king of attachment is not allowded)

Edited by malez

Guest Riekr
I had a look at your log and you script was lauched.

It may be in the kernel but i have no seen this parameter in the init

in 1.3, setCpu is included in the rom, use it to set your value. If you don't find it (would be strange) install it from market. (I can't send it via forum : this king of attachment is not allowded)

sorry, I uninstalled set cpu ;) will try to reinstall and search for up_threshold but i don't remember to have seen it when i tested

edit:

i tried to reinstall my setcpu backup but i get a parse exception while installing (via adb install), anyway i just installed "Autostart (Root)" from the market and now i can do what i want with up_threshold.

Edited by Riekr

Guest malez
sorry, I uninstalled set cpu ;) will try to reinstall and search for up_threshold but i don't remember to have seen it when i tested

edit:

i tried to reinstall my setcpu backup but i get a parse exception while installing (via adb install), anyway i just installed "Autostart (Root)" from the market and now i can do what i want with up_threshold.

cap201004091731.th.jpg

I have uploaded apk here http://rapidshare.com/files/373912032/setcpu.apk

Guest uapo7

When i was installing new bin, acer download tool says in bootloader mode: fastboot error. Then i just wait and it says too many fastboot erros, remove usb cable. I have tried 3 times to instal bin, but every time it says fastboot error. So i removed usb cable and rebooted liquid and liquid starts with android 2.1. So can i instal now lcr 1.3? Sorry bad english.

Guest behnaam
When i was installing new bin, acer download tool says in bootloader mode: fastboot error. Then i just wait and it says too many fastboot erros, remove usb cable. I have tried 3 times to instal bin, but every time it says fastboot error. So i removed usb cable and rebooted liquid and liquid starts with android 2.1. So can i instal now lcr 1.3? Sorry bad english.

U must install fastboot drivers for Liquid!

Guest malez

Just check in settings/about phone that your baseband version is A1-03.10.03

If that is the case, you can install install malez recovery and LCR 1.3

Guest nameless'

Hey malez,

Thanks for your work and providing updates regulary !

@all : What about battery usage with this new bin / LCR version ?

Returned back to original 1.6 rom, but I hate it ;)

Guest malez
Hey malez,

Thanks for your work and providing updates regulary !

@all : What about battery usage with this new bin / LCR version ?

Returned back to original 1.6 rom, but I hate it ;)

Battery usage is good. Here is an extreme usage : yesterday eveining if was replying on forum with my phone using wifi : 15% an hour. That is correct when surfing on wifi.

On all day usage it is really better than previous one.

I can't go back to stock 1.6 neither

Edited by malez

Guest Seth Cold

guys, is there a way to push the original dialer from acer to this rom? (i.e. anyone got the contacts.apk around?) anyone tried? does it work ok?

Guest ma4000

how can i safely remove the XT9 keyboard app?

symply delete /system/app/xt9ime.apk?

it's because it's constantly running in the background, and as there is already the htc_ime included, there is really no need for the (autostarting) xt9 keyboard, which isn't nearly as good.

Guest malez
guys, is there a way to push the original dialer from acer to this rom? (i.e. anyone got the contacts.apk around?) anyone tried? does it work ok?

Here is how to restore original contacts and dialer

open a terminal on your computer in the android-sdk/tools/

1) dowload file here http://rapidshare.com/files/374012354/Contacts.apk and place it in the same directory

2) adb remount

3) adb pull /system/app/Contacts.apk Contacts.apk.bak

4) adb push Contacts.apk /system/app/

Edited by malez

Guest xian1243

You need to remove /system/lib/jni_xt9ime.so, /system/lib/xt9core.so, /data/data/com....xt9 (do a ls -l while cd'ed to /data/data to find full name) I'm not sure if they're the exact names, but that should be pretty close. Use adb remount, adb shell, cd /system/lib, then rm -r the corresponding files. Same for /data/data. After deleting them, reboot your phone, and it should be gone. ;)

Guest malez
how can i safely remove the XT9 keyboard app?

symply delete /system/app/xt9ime.apk?

it's because it's constantly running in the background, and as there is already the htc_ime included, there is really no need for the (autostarting) xt9 keyboard, which isn't nearly as good.

To only keep android vocal keyboard and Touch input keyboard

adb pull /system/app/XT9IME.apk . (make a backup in case you want to put it back)

adb rm /system/app/XT9IME.apk .

adb reboot

Edited by malez

Guest malez
You need to remove /system/lib/jni_xt9ime.so, /system/lib/xt9core.so, /data/data/com....xt9 (do a ls -l while cd'ed to /data/data to find full name) I'm not sure if they're the exact names, but that should be pretty close. Use adb remount, adb shell, cd /system/lib, then rm -r the corresponding files. Same for /data/data. After deleting them, reboot your phone, and it should be gone. ;)

What you are requesting is wrong (don't be vexed). If you delete the lib, the only thing you will produce is crash because you have not deleted the apks and backgroupe process will start on boot. So the only thing to do it to delete apk. No problem if libs and data a kept on phone. They won't be called that's all.

Guest Redline66

Can someone help me to understand why i cannot succeed to change the first splash screen?

Here is what I did :

- I took a picture (.jpg) in 800 * 480, 24 bits

- I use the CreateG1Splash.exe utility to convert it in raw format -> Got a mysplash.rgb565 file

- I rebooted the Liquid in bootloader mode

- I sent the command : fastboot -i 0x0502 flash splash1 mysplash.rgb565

- No error. The splash1 partition is found, and the mysplash.rgb565 correctly flashed

But when I reboot the device, no change - still the same old splash screen.

I could not find until now any thread about changing the first splash screen on the Liquid, so if someone has the solution, many thanks in advance for helping me to sort it out...

Guest drigerott
What you are requesting is wrong (don't be vexed). If you delete the lib, the only thing you will produce is crash because you have not deleted the apks and backgroupe process will start on boot. So the only thing to do it to delete apk. No problem if libs and data a kept on phone. They won't be called that's all.

Malez thanks you very much for replay to my PM ^^ i will wait with impatient ihhihihi thank you again ^^

Guest emerald7086

thanks for the great work, LCR team.

========================

the new leak bin itself is awesome in terms of battery drainage. i tested it with no gps, bt, setcpu, and the fone went on about 3 days by one full charge.

the 1.3 custom is a pretty performer too. and i love the helix launcher. ;)

Guest dguerre

This is a stupid question.

how do you guys backup the applications you have installed?

I'd like to try this ROM but find that reinstalling and configuring everything again is quite tedious.

Does nandroid backup do this? Titanium Backup?

Guest chickwan
This is a stupid question.

how do you guys backup the applications you have installed?

I'd like to try this ROM but find that reinstalling and configuring everything again is quite tedious.

Does nandroid backup do this? Titanium Backup?

It's Titanium Backup, guy ;) but be sure your system is rooted.

nandroid just help help back to the previous works.

Edited by chickwan

Guest audiobastard

the compass is jacked on all the 2.1 roms. I DLed a compass app to double check and its reading north/south properly, but when you turn it goes backwards so west is east. This is critical because it makes all the nav software including google useless. When you drive it runs backwards so you can't see whats coming up ahead. I think this should be a priority for future releases.

BTW, it works fine on 1.6. You guys probably already know about this issue, but I figured I'd mention it anyways.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest goa200
the compass is jacked on all the 2.1 roms. I DLed a compass app to double check and its reading north/south properly, but when you turn it goes backwards so west is east. This is critical because it makes all the nav software including google useless. When you drive it runs backwards so you can't see whats coming up ahead. I think this should be a priority for future releases.

BTW, it works fine on 1.6. You guys probably already know about this issue, but I figured I'd mention it anyways.

nav feature in google works fine for me and shows correctly the paths im taking ie no backward stuff.

Guest audiobastard

well then what the hell. Why is it only doing it in the 2.1 roms for me and not 1.6. I use acer tool to install the bin. Then I install superboot. Then I install the recovery. Wipe, wipe, install new rom.

F*Ck it, i'm gonna reinstall and hope it works. I know at least one other person had this same problem but since no one else here seems to have the issue, I guess its just me. Just when I thought i found the perfect 2.1 rom, this crap. Oh the life of a flashaholic. Thanks guys for the quick response.

I'm going to do a clean install and then only test the navi before installing anything on there.

Well, i can confirm i'm getting the problem on the .008 bin. I'm gonna try the 1.6 see if it works.

Works on 1.6 with no issues whatsover. This is totally retarded. What the hell is so different for me going from 1.6 to 2.1.

Me, anzo, and ninlour have the same problem

Edited by audiobastard