[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
Yes restored with Titanium Backup

Dont know how much but something like 100... But it was very fast with 1.6 official rom :huh:

never restore data associated with you apps using titanium backup if they were backed up with another rom than the one you are currently running

Internal data storage format changes from on rom to another, specially from 1.6 to 2.1 !. Your system won't understand.

Guest boobix
never restore data associated with you apps using titanium backup if they were backed up with another rom than the one you are currently running

Internal data storage format changes from on rom to another, specially from 1.6 to 2.1 !. Your system won't understand.

i have to loose data every time i upgrade ? :huh:

Guest runner780
You say that you have installed addons. What addons ? Give me the exact name of the file you have use.

There is no addon pack for LCR 1.4 for the moment and LCR 1.3 addon pack is not working in a correct way in 1.4.

If you have installed "theme pack white or black" in v1.0 before installing, you have to reinstall the v1.1 on top of it.

have you tried to do a "wipe dalvik-cache" in recovery ?

Please could you give us a log of the boot message :

1. plug the phone to usb and boot it

2. on you computer in a console type "adb logcat > logcat.log" and provide us the file logcat.log

regards

I have installed 0.10 bin, malez0.5.2,LCR1.4, LCR_1.4-WhitePatch_1.1

Did a wipe dalvik in recovery but didn't seem to help. attached a bootlog. But the console said waiting for device while booting and suddenly it said C:\SDK\Tools again and the device was still busy with the bootloop for another 5 mins..

logcat.zip

Guest runner780

I didn't format my 8gb sd card when i installed the 0.10 bin over the 1.6 android os. can that be the problem of my issues? Should i format it in recovery?

Guest vsg2000

My phone has lost ROOT (LCR 1.4) but I do not know why. I tried to restore it but does not work. All applications that need root does not work: quick boot, shoot me, root explorer etc ...

Does anyone know why?

Guest Swallow74
Personnaly i have 80 apps installed at the moment and no boot problem. Try to restore your apps without data.

So you apps are stored on sd ?

Where is stored your dalvik ? data ?

How have you moved your apps to sd (recovery) ?

If you try to do it via apps2sd script, it won't work because you have change de boot image !

please give me the result of "adb shell ls_runOnce"

Please provide us a log of the bootloop (i have described the method in a post i have just made)

Changing the boot image will have effects on the rom. It is not recommanded

regards

I'm not Mythrix, but i have same problem. So i replay to your questions:

- So you apps are stored on sd ? yes, but after i flashed LCR 1.4, i don't found my apps in launcher, and i noticed that when i install new app, these goes to internal memory

- Where is stored your dalvik ? data ? personally i leaved dalvik and data on internal memory

- How have you moved your apps to sd (recovery) ? via recovery, but i installed some other apps with another rom (latest Piter's rom). I also tried to redone move apps to sd but LCR goes in boot loop

Now i'll try to register log. Thank you

Guest malez
I'm not Mythrix, but i have same problem. So i replay to your questions:

- So you apps are stored on sd ? yes, but after i flashed LCR 1.4, i don't found my apps in launcher, and i noticed that when i install new app, these goes to internal memory

- Where is stored your dalvik ? data ? personally i leaved dalvik and data on internal memory

- How have you moved your apps to sd (recovery) ? via recovery, but i installed some other apps with another rom (latest Piter's rom). I also tried to redone move apps to sd but LCR goes in boot loop

Now i'll try to register log. Thank you

What version of the recovery have you used ?

Waiting for you log

Please open an issue to the bugtrack for easier follow.

Guest Apocangel

How can i change the LCR splash screen to a custom image? I already have the rgb565 file ready but it doesn't matter how many times i flash i it wont work.

Guest Redline66
How can i change the LCR splash screen to a custom image? I already have the rgb565 file ready but it doesn't matter how many times i flash i it wont work.

There are 3 boot screens :

The first one (whtie "acer" on a black background during +/- 5 sec) can theoritically be changed by flashing the splash1 partition with an adequate .rgb565 converted picture (fastboot -i 0x0502 flash splash1 mysplash.rgb565 in bootloader mode). All what I could get such way is just a black screen without the "acer" word, and not the picture I flashed... If someone has the solution, many thanks in advance :huh:

The second one ("LCR" static splash screen in this case) is embedded in the boot.img and cannot be changed without un compiling and then recompiling the boot.img.

The third and last one is the boot animation, included in the bootanimation.zip file.

Guest malez
The latest, 5.2

This afternoom i have moved my apps and dalavik to sd using recovery 0.5.2. Everything works fine. I have (on my own demand) rebooted several times : evrything work and I have no issue at all.

When you tell boot loop, are you blocked on the moving acer liquid text with the little flash , or does is reboot display LCR slpash screen ,explode, LCR spash and so one ?

Personnaly my first boot after the move took about 5 minutes ! It appears long but that is normal and it is only th efirst boot.

As long as you have the acer liquid blinking, you have to wait

I a still waiting fo your logs to analyse

Guest audiobastard
You say that you have installed addons. What addons ? Give me the exact name of the file you have use.

There is no addon pack for LCR 1.4 for the moment and LCR 1.3 addon pack is not working in a correct way in 1.4.

If you have installed "theme pack white or black" in v1.0 before installing, you have to reinstall the v1.1 on top of it.

have you tried to do a "wipe dalvik-cache" in recovery ?

Please could you give us a log of the boot message :

1. plug the phone to usb and boot it

2. on you computer in a console type "adb logcat > logcat.log" and provide us the file logcat.log

regards

EDIT: OOPS, sorry, I quoted the wrong text. This is in reply to your response on the compass/gps issue I posted in the bugtracker. At this point, I don't even care of the compass is wrong; my gps seems to be non-functionall in its entirety.

Thanks Malez, I know where the issue is because I put it there. I also included the log; yes, thats mine. I don't know if I did it right, but its there. But my questions still stands. Would you be able to tell from a log whether my gps hardware is broken or whether the gps software is broken? I can't get any satellites anymore and I was hoping a log would at least put that question to rest. I don't expect a fix, I was just hoping you'd be kind enough to look at the log to see if my gps hardware has finally died. Thank you. I Think I'll post another issue and then if you decide you have a chance to see, it will be right there for you.

I do appreciate all your work on the liquid, you do great work. Thanks.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest runner780
I have installed 0.10 bin, malez0.5.2,LCR1.4, LCR_1.4-WhitePatch_1.1

Did post a log of my reboot probs (see post #778)but noone seemed to have downloaded it so i thought i'll post it again.

Followed Malez tips and tricks:

Did a wipe dalvik in recovery but didn't seem to help. attached a bootlog. But the console said waiting for device while booting and suddenly it said C:\SDK\Tools again and the device was still busy with the bootloop for another 5 mins..

logcat.zip

Guest audiobastard
Did post a log of my reboot probs (see post #778)but noone seemed to have downloaded it so i thought i'll post it again.

Followed Malez tips and tricks:

I think he wants you to go to the LCR site and upload the log in the issues section by opening a new issue. That's what they mean by bugtracker.

The link to the site is in the very first post. Good luck

Edited by audiobastard

Guest Dona'

Hi,

Am I the only one whose phone screen powers off each 3 hours (probably).

I mean no more screen activity when I try to unlock it ... LEDS still light but it's the only thing still working.

I then have to take out the battery. No other way to get the phone working again.

Is it a known problem ? Could it be due to overheating (probably not because LEDS still work) ? I'm using autokiller (moderate preset) but it also happens without it.

Thanks in advance I hope this isn't a stupid question ..

Guest audiobastard
Hi,

Am I the only one whose phone screen powers off each 3 hours (probably).

I mean no more screen activity when I try to unlock it ... LEDS still light but it's the only thing still working.

I then have to take out the battery. No other way to get the phone working again.

Is it a known problem ? Could it be due to overheating (probably not because LEDS still work) ? I'm using autokiller (moderate preset) but it also happens without it.

Thanks in advance I hope this isn't a stupid question ..

Its not a stupid question. I had the exact same problem. I reflashed and didn't use titanium backup to reinstall my apps, just redownloaded from the market. I haven't had any significant problems since that.

I recommend re-flashing the bin and rom from scratch. Perhaps make a backup of the apps w/out data and then reinstall them later w/out data as well. But, I didn't try that, just used the market. Hope that helps. Often these issues are flash related and a re-flash fixes it.

Guest Mythrix

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to restore the apps without data as much as I can. (Although I'd like to keep the data f.ex. for some games... heh.)

Guest audiobastard
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to restore the apps without data as much as I can. (Although I'd like to keep the data f.ex. for some games... heh.)

data messes up new flashes.

Guest Apocangel

Since I don't like the black/blue theme ( feels too dull ) and I HATE the original Black/White one I decided to modify(steal from here and there) the whole thing by myself to make it more to my liking.

Here is a BETA version of a Black / Green Theme. I would like to give credit to all the guys from who I borrowed the images from but i don't know who made them so sorry. Thank Malez for the themed apps though.

You can use recovery to flash it.

EDIT : I Modified the theme, now you can get it with classic battery or round battery

Always remember to do a Nandroid backup before flashing.

ROUND BATTERY

post-665928-1272473983_thumb.png

CLASSIC BATTERY

post-665928-1272473367_thumb.png

OTHER SCREENSHOTS

post-665928-1272473435_thumb.png , post-665928-1272473448_thumb.png ,

post-665928-1272473513_thumb.png , post-665928-1272468259_thumb.png

LINKS

Download Theme with Classic Battery

Download Theme with Round Battery

Download Fonts

Edited by Apocangel

Guest malez
I have a microSD card pre-partitioned for apps2sd with all apps installed in it. With last Piter's rom apps2sd works well. With LCR 1.4, when i try to activate apps2sd (on the same microSD) via Malez recovery 5.2, phone stuck in reboot loop. What's wrong?

When you say "on the same microsd" ? are you sure there is no data from a previous use already present on you sdcard. You must delete /data/data/ content on you sd first.

To do this :

reboot in recovery

adb shell "mount /system; mount /system/sd; rm -fr /system/sd/data/* "

I am also using apps2sd and my apps/dalvik are stored on my sd. It works (i have enabled it with mz reco 0.5.2)

Guest malez
Since I don't like the black/blue theme ( feels too dull ) and I HATE the original Black/White one I decided to modify(steal from here and there) the whole thing by myself to make it more to my liking.

Here is a BETA version of a Black / Green Theme. I would like to give credit to all the guys from who I borrowed the images from but i don't know who made them so sorry. Thank Malez for the themed apps though.

You can use recovery to flash it.

If someone with a little more experience can check this thing i would appreciate it.

Always remember to do a Nandroid backup before flashing.

DOWNLOAD LINK: LCR_14-GreenPatch_01.zip

Nice work !

When i will find time, I will analyse its content, test it and if all is good, i will put it in the official LCR downloade page.

For the moment I can't.

Thank your for your time

Edited by malez

Guest Sharcy

Malez, what's the status now of the navigation/compass issue? (Pointing backward, or north, anywhere but the direction you're driving in at least). Reports were that it was solved in Acer_LiquidE_0.010.00_EMEA_GEN1, but you confirm it in issue 68? v1.4 is based on that bin, right? Since I use Navigation a lot, I'd like to know b4 I try v1.4. Thanks.

Edited by Sharcy

Guest Apocangel
Nice work !

When i will find time, I will analyse its content, test it and if all is good, i will put it in the official LCR downloade page.

For the moment I can't.

Thank your for your time

Been using it for two days without any crash but I need confirmation from other people. Should work without problem though.

If I missed any part of the theme or anyone has suggestions please let me know.

When Piter releases a theme with battery percentage I'll add it to the theme.

Guest tanoxxx
Been using it for two days without any crash but I need confirmation from other people. Should work without problem though.

If I missed any part of the theme or anyone has suggestions please let me know.

When Piter releases a theme with battery percentage I'll add it to the theme.

Please return to use normal battery with percentage..is so much better....

Ps.Sorry but for me the battery icon in this way,with the circle is so bad...(Is personal taste)