[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
does the stock browser has an exit button?or it exits with the home button?

not quit button : it is automatically killed when you press home. When you reopen it, tabs and context are automatically restored.

Edited by malez

Guest allen1989127

Hi,all

I try LCR 1.4 rom and when I import my contacts from SD,so slow~seems like it import one by one,have you met this situation?Never happened in previous rom,can it fix in next rom?

Guest audiobastard
Hi,all

I try LCR 1.4 rom and when I import my contacts from SD,so slow~seems like it import one by one,have you met this situation?Never happened in previous rom,can it fix in next rom?

Contacts was deadly slow for me. I imported contacts from sim and then set view to contacts w/numbers only. Much faster now but scrolling is still not smooth, but fast enough.

Guest Mythrix

After flashing without installing *any* applications from Titanium backup, it finally seems like it won't go into the boot loop. I guess just to be safe, I'll try just installing apps manually from the market and see if it's any better.

The ROM isn't 100% stable for me though, actually I think version 0.008 (LCR 1.3) might've been more stable. Don't quite remember. 0.010 with LCR 1.4 seems to hang at least once or twice a day so far, even without any extra apps installed yet.

Guest Apocangel

My LCR installation is working perfectly fine so far. Its fast, no hangups no FCs nor restarts.

I'm using a Modified version of the LCR 1.4 though, since i dont like most of the extra applications, I removed them from the ROM itself and left only bare bones, then I added the ones i normally use and made a custom LCR. Now the only difference from what im using to the LCR are the apps and a few cosmetic tweaks here and there therefore the apps might be the ones to blame. Ive been doing some googling around and i think it might be the process killer that comes bundled with the official LCR. IMO killing processes is not really necessary.

Those who are having trouble with the ROM could try removing the process killer and see if your installation improves, if it doesn't then you could just reinstall the process killer and the only thing you loose is a few minutes.

Guest runner780

i have by accident deleted my stock calender app with titanium backup.. obviously didn't make a backup.. can i restore/reinstall the stock calender or do i have to reinstall everything? Hope someone can help me..

Guest malez
i have by accident deleted my stock calender app with titanium backup.. obviously didn't make a backup.. can i restore/reinstall the stock calender or do i have to reinstall everything? Hope someone can help me..

Give me the exact name of the file you have deleted.

I have uploaded the Calendar.apk for you here

http://rapidshare.com/files/382386400/Calendar.apk

adb remount

adb push Calendar.apk /system/app/

hope that is the one your have deleted.

Everybody really must stop deleting apps from LCR rom ! Too many erros. Next version will be provided in stantard and slim version. But why do you delete apps stored in system ? That has no interest. I you found one, tell me.

Guest Sharcy

The compass, and subsequently the GPS/Navigation is still messed up. At least, it is for me. Compass seems to be working fine *until* the device gets a GPS-lock. Then the compass locks in place; in Maps, the arrow is always pointing north. Calibrating it by doing a figure-8 solves it for a few seconds but when it gets a lock again, the compass stops working again. Is this a BIN issue still?

Guest Vincent227

Hello,

I have installed this rom but my Acer Liquid is a little bit slow and it freeze sometimes.. and with freeze i mean i must take the battery out and plug it in to make my phone work again.. maby i do something wrong ??? but how can i fix it?

Thanks,

Vincent

Edited by Vincent227

Guest Ninlour
Hello,

I have installed this rom but my Acer Liquid is a little bit slow and it freeze sometimes.. and with freeze i mean i must take the battery out and plug it in to make my phone work again.. maby i do something wrong ??? but how can i fix it?

Thanks,

Vincent

keep in your mind that 2.1 on liquid is still beta. so you will get all kinds of issues.

best fix is to go back to 1.6

Guest malez
The compass, and subsequently the GPS/Navigation is still messed up. At least, it is for me. Compass seems to be working fine *until* the device gets a GPS-lock. Then the compass locks in place; in Maps, the arrow is always pointing north. Calibrating it by doing a figure-8 solves it for a few seconds but when it gets a lock again, the compass stops working again. Is this a BIN issue still?

Relative to the bin, i am tryink to fox it

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...es/detail?id=68

Guest malez
Hello,

Thanks,

Vincent

In LCR 1.4 there is no freeze anymore. (Or i am lucking but never had one as in LCR 1.3 I did)

Are you sure you have installed the right bin file ? What is your baseband number (Settings / About Phone / baseband). It must be A1-03.12.01. If you feell the rom slow, install helix launcher for market or the theme pack of your choice (it includes it). It is really lighter

Guest BlackMagician

Hi ppl!

Small question. I've installed LCR 1.4 and everything is working fine. I would like to remove some of the apps, though, like the corporate email and calendar. But everytime I try running ADB uninstall from PC connected through USB I get an error that simply says 'Failure'. Removing them from the mobile is not possible either. ADB has root access to the device and I also remounted it for read/write access.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong? I'm lost.

Thanks

Guest teunke99
Hi ppl!

Small question. I've installed LCR 1.4 and everything is working fine. I would like to remove some of the apps, though, like the corporate email and calendar. But everytime I try running ADB uninstall from PC connected through USB I get an error that simply says 'Failure'. Removing them from the mobile is not possible either. ADB has root access to the device and I also remounted it for read/write access.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong? I'm lost.

Thanks

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ps-from-liquid/

Guest BlackMagician

Thanks guys! I've been looking back through the posts on this thread and found you can also uninstall from Titanium Backup. :huh:

Guest Mythrix

After the phone went into the boot loop even after installing apps from the market, I almost gave up, but somehow thought of an idea. Which is to keep the locale as US English instead of setting it to Norwegian Bokmål. And now, even after restoring apps and data from Titanium, it seems like the phone doesn't go into a boot loop when I turn it off and on again.

I guess either the ROM itself or one of the apps I installed (Handcent? Dolphin?) did some wonky things on boot when the locale was set to Norwegian/non-English language? I'll wait a bit more and see if it keeps working, and then take a backup before I try to test locale settings again... (I prefer Monday as first day of week and no lines in my phone numbers.)

EDIT: OK forget it, now it went into the boot loop again. :huh: Whyyyyyy...... I gave up now and restored a LCR1.3 nandroid backup. *sigh* Have spent way too much time tinkering with this.

Edited by Mythrix

Guest linuxluver
After the phone went into the boot loop even after installing apps from the market, I almost gave up, but somehow thought of an idea. Which is to keep the locale as US English instead of setting it to Norwegian Bokmål. And now, even after restoring apps and data from Titanium, it seems like the phone doesn't go into a boot loop when I turn it off and on again.

I guess either the ROM itself or one of the apps I installed (Handcent? Dolphin?) did some wonky things on boot when the locale was set to Norwegian/non-English language? I'll wait a bit more and see if it keeps working, and then take a backup before I try to test locale settings again... (I prefer Monday as first day of week and no lines in my phone numbers.)

EDIT: OK forget it, now it went into the boot loop again. :huh: Whyyyyyy...... I gave up now and restored a LCR1.3 nandroid backup. *sigh* Have spent way too much time tinkering with this.

For some of the included apps, all you need is "Root Explorer"....and mount the directory you need to alter as R/W....and just delete the files for the apps you don't want. I do this for the Amazon MP3 app that is completely useless for any person outside the US.

Guest malez
For some of the included apps, all you need is "Root Explorer"....and mount the directory you need to alter as R/W....and just delete the files for the apps you don't want. I do this for the Amazon MP3 app that is completely useless for any person outside the US.

Amazon MP3 app is not included in LCR.

Edited by malez

Guest umair9001

Faced a hangup today when i was connected to the usb, did some syncing after connecting it to wifi and put the phone on standby, after that it didn't come back online and adb didn't recognize it..

But so far, pretty satisfied with the rom, gr8 speed and the voice hack in keyboard rox.. :P

Guest Vincent227
In LCR 1.4 there is no freeze anymore. (Or i am lucking but never had one as in LCR 1.3 I did)

Are you sure you have installed the right bin file ? What is your baseband number (Settings / About Phone / baseband). It must be A1-03.12.01. If you feell the rom slow, install helix launcher for market or the theme pack of your choice (it includes it). It is really lighter

I got LCD 1.4 i think, My Smallbandversie is A1-03.12.01 and firmwareversie is 2.1-update1

I have try helix launcher but my phone is still slow, and still keep freeze how can i fix it so my phone runs good?

Maby i need to start over and instal LCD 1.4 again ??

Thanks,

Vincent

Edited by Vincent227

Guest malez
I got LCD 1.4 i think, My Smallbandversie is A1-03.12.01 and firmwareversie is 2.1-update1

I have try helix launcher but my phone is still slow, and still keep freeze how can i fix it so my phone runs good?

Maby i need to start over and instal LCD 1.4 again ??

Thanks,

Vincent

Do a factory reset, i see anything else. I hope you have not changed the boot.img.