[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest Piter1225
How can I do that??

Sorry my noobness

do you have ANdroid SDK installed on your PC?

If yes, go to /AndroidSDK/tools/ and write that command in cmd.exe

Edited by Piter1225

Guest malez
I don't have. Where can I download that?

easier :

on your phone :

run terminal emulator and enter this

su

tar czf /sdcard/logboot.tgz /cache/log

the logboot.tgz will be on you sdcard.

@Piter : beta9 in your mbox. Maybe a gscript (called logboot.sh) to tgz /cache/log and put it in sdcard should be integrated in 1.8 :

tar czf /sdcard/logboot.tgz /cache/log

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Here goes my log.txt

I did like peter said.

Thanks both

I don"t know why but you system partition is in read only mode and the system was unable to remount it in rw. That is why it fail. I have sent you a patch by MP to test.

Guest PhilNelwyn
I think froyo will be present in future. For the moment 1. 7 is stream and will be patched and maybe fully updated (stream soon available in france).

1. 8 is liquid dump with even more customizatipns. It is really fast and stable for the moment. We are trying to port dolby on it too but it is harder than expected.

Sounds good !

Would you consider providing 1.8 without dolby, and provide a patch if you manage to port it ?

Because if it finally turns out that you can't port it, that's waiting for nothing...

Guest Rajit

ok, its not specifically related to lcr, but still, there is one thing thats been causing me a LOT of inconvenience... i dont know if its the same with other people (it must be), but a fix would be nice..

well when im in a call there is a "hold" button in the top left corner of the screen.. what happens is that many a times while talking on the phone, if i adjust the position of the phone on my ears (even a little bit), then the hold button gets pressed and the call goes on hold.. this has been troubling me a lot and i really wish someone could move that button to somewhere else on the screen that is not so "pressable". also, if a universal patch could be provided so that people could use this irrespective of the rom would also be nice...

and finally, i don't know what aspect of a rom affects this, but scrolling seems to be an issue throughout all the roms.. the only app that scrolls without lags or breaks is music mod.. and even though apps run fast, the scrolling gives a negative impression about the performance of the rom...

i had thought of these issues as ideas to suggest to the devs to be implemented in 1.8 (which would make it very nice for me), but somehow never posted them, until now..

Edited by Rajit

Guest gllandalf

rajit > i have the same problem, sometimes i also terminate the call with my ear :angry:

i think the problem is related to the proximity sensor, sensitivity can't be set with stream dump and is too low...

Guest finalmoksha
ok, its not specifically related to lcr, but still, there is one thing thats been causing me a LOT of inconvenience... i dont know if its the same with other people (it must be), but a fix would be nice..

well when im in a call there is a "hold" button in the top left corner of the screen.. what happens is that many a times while talking on the phone, if i adjust the position of the phone on my ears (even a little bit), then the hold button gets pressed and the call goes on hold.. this has been troubling me a lot and i really wish someone could move that button to somewhere else on the screen that is not so "pressable". also, if a universal patch could be provided so that people could use this irrespective of the rom would also be nice...

and finally, i don't know what aspect of a rom affects this, but scrolling seems to be an issue throughout all the roms.. the only app that scrolls without lags or breaks is music mod.. and even though apps run fast, the scrolling gives a negative impression about the performance of the rom...

i had thought of these issues as ideas to suggest to the devs to be implemented in 1.8 (which would make it very nice for me), but somehow never posted them, until now..

I had the same problem till 1.7 but the UI conf tool in 1.7.2 allows me to use the stream dialer instead of the android one. This is much better and i have not faced this issue after making this change. I suggest you try it too.

Cheers

Guest malez

I had the same issue too. In fact there is no sensor settings in the stream use interphace and sensivity is not set to high by default.

I am currently under 1.8. I will have to reflash to 1.7 tomorrow and i will have a look at available properies. If someone could tell me the result of this command, I could help quickly

When i was under 1.7 the solution was to hold the phone with left hand (no no i am not crasy, try, you'll see)

adb shell getprop | grep psensor (with adb installed on you computer)

or

getprop | grep psensor (with terminal emulator on phone)

for info I hope to see something like this but i doubt this properties exist or are set

[persist.sys.psensor_base]: [2.3710938]

[hw.acer.psensor_calib_max_base]: [32715]

[hw.acer.psensor_calib_min_base]: [5952]

[hw.acer.psensor_thres]: [500]

[hw.acer.psensor_mode]: [2]

you can also try this

adb shell ins_run psensor 'setprop persist.sys.psensor_base 2.3710938; setprop hw.acer.psensor_calib_max_base 32715; setprop hw.acer.psensor_calib_min_base 5952 ; setprop hw.acer.psensor_thres 500; setprop hw.acer.psensor_mode 2'

as always i am under linux maybe ' must be "

Hope it could help

Just tell me

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Sounds good !

Would you consider providing 1.8 without dolby, and provide a patch if you manage to port it ?

Because if it finally turns out that you can't port it, that's waiting for nothing...

1.8 will be without dolby and with divx

Guest gllandalf

malez > with lcr 1.7.1 i get :

[persist.sys.psensor_base]: [66.74516]

[hw.acer.psensor_calib_max_base]: [32717]

[hw.acer.psensor_calib_min_base]: [6674]

[hw.acer.psensor_mode]: [1]

i will try your settings thanks...

Guest malez
malez > with lcr 1.7.1 i get :

[persist.sys.psensor_base]: [66.74516]

[hw.acer.psensor_calib_max_base]: [32717]

[hw.acer.psensor_calib_min_base]: [6674]

[hw.acer.psensor_mode]: [1]

i will try your settings thanks...

Mmmm seems to be a really good news !!

If you confirm I will add 3 gscripts in 1.7.2 patch 1

Edited by malez

Guest gllandalf
Mmmm seems to be a really good news !!

If you confirm I will add 3 gscripts in 1.7.2 patch 1

settings applied

but the [persist.sys.psensor_base] key seems dynamic, the value sometimes changes by itself o_O

will try if it's better :angry:

malez, will you make a 1.7.2 patch with all 1.7.2 changes? (so i can patch my 1.7.1 without wipe :D)

Edited by gllandalf

Guest djinferno806
1.8 will be without dolby and with divx

whoa what? why no dolby? i think dolby is amazing :angry:

i thought 1.8 would just be an update to 1.7, or is this your froyo rom and you guys arent able to port dolby over yet?

this makes me a little sad lol

Guest malez

i thought 1.8 would just be an update to 1.7, or is this your froyo rom and you guys arent able to port dolby over yet?

1.7 will continue to be patched and updated.

Porting dolby is really hard. It will maybe be provided as a 1.8 patch later.

1.9 will be on froyo

Guest Rajit

why no dolby in 1.8? because porting dolby is not easy, and once they do manage to port it, they'll probably provide it as a update.zip or a patch.. so don't be sad, when they are able to port dolby over, we would have it on 1.8 as well.

what is 1.8? well as you seem to know, 1.7 was based off stream dump. 1.8 is not froyo, but is based on the official bin 1.100.39 from acer, and comes with no stream stuff to increase the speed and performance.

on the other hand development on the 1.7 branch may continue as we get newer stream leaks/bins/dumps.. so, we could have a faster 1.7 with all the stream goodness (UI, dolby, etc.)

Guest Rajit
1.7 will continue to be patched and updated.

Porting dolby is really hard. It will maybe be provided as a 1.8 patch later.

1.9 will be on froyo

you shouldn't have mentioned the number "1.9".. now the forum would go crazy with the questions about when you all are releasing froyo rom... prepare to be bugged... hehe :angry:

Guest malez
you shouldn't have mentioned the number "1.9".. now the forum would go crazy with the questions about when you all are releasing froyo rom... prepare to be bugged... hehe :angry:

That is just a future plan, no more

Guest djinferno806

ahhhhh I see. Well that definitely makes sense. I guess i could live without dolby for a while untill its patched :angry:

its just hard to go back now since ive heard the difference, quite amazing little peice of technology really.

Guest malez
ahhhhh I see. Well that definitely makes sense. I guess i could live without dolby for a while untill its patched :angry:

its just hard to go back now since ive heard the difference, quite amazing little peice of technology really.

Don't worry : i am a dolby addict too !! really