Problem with Wavesecure on MCR3.2beta5

Guest delanvital

Guest delanvital

When I try to run the track location function - or any other- from the web site, my phone just receives an SMS... nothing happens. It is supposed to do this?

Guest tdohappens

you're supposed to receive a sms.

if your trying to track the location of the phone you must have gps active and to be outdoors for it to work properly and accurately.

try to backup your contacts/sms/call history. this should work

the phone of course needs an internet connection: wifi/2g 3g/hsdpa ... anything

you shouldn't be able to see the sms. you might see a short notification about a received msg, but wavesecure usually catches it and hides it immediately. can you start wavesecure by clicking on it's icon in the launcher menu?

Guest ksolheim
When I try to run the track location function - or any other- from the web site, my phone just receives an SMS... nothing happens. It is supposed to do this?

Hi

I had exactly the same problem. Clearing the cache for WaveSecure solved it for me.

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> WaveSecure Beta -> Clear data.

Good luck.

Edited by ksolheim

Guest tdohappens
you shouldn't be able to see the sms. you might see a short notification about a received msg, but wavesecure usually catches it and hides it immediately. can you start wavesecure by clicking on it's icon in the launcher menu?

i'm using handcent sms and i'm seeing the sms every time

after i close the handcent popup the message is deleted

but it works just fine for me

this actually got me thinking since last night ... what if someone else sends a sms with the exact text? does wavesecure react? if it doesn't work this way, maybe faking the phone number to the one wavesecure uses. I know the number, i see it in the handcent popup. faking the number isn't difficult, you just have to use a website that offers sms marketing services

this actually got me thinking since last night ... what if someone else sends a sms with the exact text? does wavesecure react? if it doesn't work this way, maybe faking the phone number to the one wavesecure uses. I know the number, i see it in the handcent popup. faking the number isn't difficult, you just have to use a website that offers sms marketing services

my believe is that you are not able to create a valid msg, that will be accepted by wavesecure.

Guest delanvital

Before the problems/symptoms were as follows:

- When doing backup etc from the phone app it would time out "network error".

- Any function from the site would send an sms, to which nothing happened on the phone, regardless of good gps connection or whether I was on wifi or HSDPA etc.

- The SMS's would remain there and accumulate.

I did the reset as suggested. That helped so far:

- The backup etc. functions from the app works. There seems to be connection problems still, but most times it completes.

- Doing location stuff from the site makes the app force close.

Guest delanvital
what does logcat say when it force closes?

Sorry, how do I see that?

I tried again: it kept doing FCs, but after 4-5 of them in a row it actually presented a location on the site. So getting better!

gapps and handcent sms both does FC as the same time.

Edited by delanvital