Caller ID pics missing in Messaging

Guest Dan Mullen

Guest Dan Mullen

Is anyone else having a problem with caller ID pictures in SMS messaging? By that, I mean when you open the messaging application and click on a thread, you usually see caller ID pics next to each SMS. I can see my own picture but all of my contacts' pictures are missing. This is only a problem in the messaging app - the photos are still there in Contacts and Call History, and caller ID works fine for phone calls.

I noticed the problem a few weeks ago and have rebooted a couple of times since then, but I can't find a fix.

Cheers,

Dan

Guest nicandris
Is anyone else having a problem with caller ID pictures in SMS messaging? By that, I mean when you open the messaging application and click on a thread, you usually see caller ID pics next to each SMS. I can see my own picture but all of my contacts' pictures are missing. This is only a problem in the messaging app - the photos are still there in Contacts and Call History, and caller ID works fine for phone calls.

I noticed the problem a few weeks ago and have rebooted a couple of times since then, but I can't find a fix.

Cheers,

Dan

+1 sometimes i get the pictures in new threads but the old ones don't have them

mine works ok

sometimes it takes a while to load the pics but other than that it works

how have you got the pics on your contacts?

all mine are from linked faceboook profiles

if you got yours differently (ie took a pic and set it to the contact) you could try linking facebook and see if that works for you (if you use facebook that is) and maybe narrow down what does and doesnt work for you

Guest Dan Mullen
mine works ok

sometimes it takes a while to load the pics but other than that it works

how have you got the pics on your contacts?

all mine are from linked faceboook profiles

if you got yours differently (ie took a pic and set it to the contact) you could try linking facebook and see if that works for you (if you use facebook that is) and maybe narrow down what does and doesnt work for you

I have a mix of Facebook pics and standalone ones. It has always worked fine, on stock and every custom ROM I've tried. It's just suddenly started happening!

• 4 months later...
Guest vatvedt
I have a mix of Facebook pics and standalone ones. It has always worked fine, on stock and every custom ROM I've tried. It's just suddenly started happening!

Just happened for me as well. Worked earlier today. Any fix for this?

Guest toxic-hero

i've been having this problem for a long time. i don't know exactly when it started but i know that i've been unable to see pictures of my contacts in sms messages even in modaco 3.x roms.

when i upgraded to 2.1 (firstly original taiwan rom, later modaco r4 and r5) the pictures came back (probably because i wiped the phone before flashing my first 2.1). but a few days back they dissapeared again and nothing helped to bring them back. killing sms app doesn't help and i'm not having the time and the patienece to wipe and reflash everything again...

does anybody know any way to bring those pics back?

Guest Dan Mullen
i've been having this problem for a long time. i don't know exactly when it started but i know that i've been unable to see pictures of my contacts in sms messages even in modaco 3.x roms.

when i upgraded to 2.1 (firstly original taiwan rom, later modaco r4 and r5) the pictures came back (probably because i wiped the phone before flashing my first 2.1). but a few days back they dissapeared again and nothing helped to bring them back. killing sms app doesn't help and i'm not having the time and the patienece to wipe and reflash everything again...

does anybody know any way to bring those pics back?

Mine appear intermittently - sometimes they're fine, sometimes I'll see one pic but not my own, other times I don't see any.

Guest vatvedt

I went around the issue (for now) by restoring a Nandroid backup from earlier that day. Guess I'll get back to it if it happens again. Crossing my fingers it doesn't :)