Wipe Ext Partition

Guest Henry Tan

Guest commodoor
Hi guys,

just want to know something.

If i wipe my ext partition for Apps2sd.

Will all my data be clear away?

What do you mean with data?

if you look in youre ext partition you will see only apps in there, so if you wipe ext partition you will loose all youre apps. not youre data. i'm not sure about the data the apps keep. and i will suggest to wipe ext partition if you want to switch from ROM. i think it will show the apps in your menu but when you click it will do nothing and will see a empty icon.

correct me if i'm wrong guys, just trying to help.

Guest Dr. dre

if you look in youre ext partition you will see only apps in there, so if you wipe ext partition you will loose all youre apps. not youre data. i'm not sure about the data the apps keep. and i will suggest to wipe ext partition if you want to switch from ROM. i think it will show the apps in your menu but when you click it will do nothing and will see a empty icon.

Yes! You are right but your whole ext partition will be wiped means all your data on the ext partition, everything.

• 6 months later...
Guest sonicjuice

Hi all

Yes, I was wondering about that too - when switching ROMs I usually wipe everything inc Ext but recently (been using the same ROM for a few weeks now) I have copied alot of mp3's onto the phone and got Titanium backups and stuff.

If I wipe everything will my SD still contain my music (folder: sdroot/music) and Titanium backups (folder: sdroot/TitaniumBackup, I think) - or should I copy these folders over to my PC before the wipe?

cheers, Thomas

by DATA.. he meant apps obviously...

n yes all the data i.e in the form of apps on ext will be deleted..

Best Regards,

Xotic.

Edited by Xotic