Modaco 3.1 custom rom, some Market Apps missing

Guest fredphoesh

Guest fredphoesh

Hi guys,

I have asked this before, but have had no response and cannot find a work-around.

I paid for the custom rom and installed it, It works well, except many paid and some free apps are missing in the Market, and it is very hard to find some of them via another channel.

Is there a fix for this, and if not, are you guys working on an update which will sort our this problem?

Thanks,

Mark.

Guest The_IMF
Hi guys,

I have asked this before, but have had no response and cannot find a work-around.

I paid for the custom rom and installed it, It works well, except many paid and some free apps are missing in the Market, and it is very hard to find some of them via another channel.

Is there a fix for this, and if not, are you guys working on an update which will sort our this problem?

Thanks,

Mark.

What particular apps are you missing?

Guest fredphoesh
What particular apps are you missing?

Hi,

off the top of my head, ones I have paid for : Sprite Backup, What the doodle,

others

shopsavvy

barcode scanner

layar

sky news

wikitude

where

etc etc etc...

Guest commodoor
Hi,

off the top of my head, ones I have paid for : Sprite Backup, What the doodle,

others

shopsavvy

barcode scanner

layar

sky news

wikitude

where

etc etc etc...

ok i tried to find them and found them in the market, no issues here. i'm using mcr 3.2B5. try changing your local?

Guest The_IMF

Found them on my 3.2b5 fine and installed a couple of them when I was on 3.1...

Maybe market enabler can help? (I don't know what I'm talking about by the way).

Guest The_IMF
I've had this problem as well - I think it's linked to having used a 2.1 ROM with the same google account.

Even more glad that I'm refusing to try any 2.1 ROM's until Paul has one out then!

Guest venturerider
I've had this problem as well - I think it's linked to having used a 2.1 ROM with the same google account.

I've gone back and forth a few times and never had a problem. Market problems are usually related to the APN and to the version of Android one is running.

Guest fredphoesh

VERY interesting!

I DID have 2.1, but on my HTC Touch HD!

I then sold that and bought the Hero...

I did also wipe my phone before installing, but Im on 3.1, not 3.2beta5... perhaps i should try that.

If I do try 3.2beta5, is this the right procedure:

1/ backup apps using titanium

2/ boot to recovery

3/ wipe system clean (not sure what the terms are, and whether I can wipe that only, or whether I should wipe the SD card too?)

4/ install 3.2beta5

5/ restore using titanium

Is that it?

Cheers guys,

Mark.

Guest fredphoesh
ok i tried to find them and found them in the market, no issues here. i'm using mcr 3.2B5. try changing your local?

Thanks for the reply, but I thought Local was where you are... so how do I change that? Do I take it off automatic and set it for some other continent?

Tx

Mark

Guest commodoor
VERY interesting!

I DID have 2.1, but on my HTC Touch HD!

I then sold that and bought the Hero...

I did also wipe my phone before installing, but Im on 3.1, not 3.2beta5... perhaps i should try that.

If I do try 3.2beta5, is this the right procedure:

1/ backup apps using titanium

2/ boot to recovery

3/ wipe system clean (not sure what the terms are, and whether I can wipe that only, or whether I should wipe the SD card too?)

4/ install 3.2beta5

5/ restore using titanium

Is that it?

Cheers guys,

Mark.

This was right nothing wrong here, i never wiped the SD. i also used 2.1 ROMs but didn't had this problem when i switched back again.

Thanks for the reply, but I thought Local was where you are... so how do I change that? Do I take it off automatic and set it for some other continent?

Tx

Mark

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...ocale-qnpC.aspx

i was just throwing it out here, maybe the changing your location will bring the apps back. not sure it will work though. you can try it.

Guest commodoor
thanks guys, i think im gonna try 3.2beta5 and see if that does it all...

i will report back.

cheers

mark.

good luck with it, hope it will solve your problem

Guest fredphoesh
good luck with it, hope it will solve your problem

Dang, nope,

I installed 3.2beta5 twice, wiped each time, sys and sd ext and still, could not find Layar (etc)

once I tried immediately after the system loaded for the first time, and the second time I restored a Titanium backup first, but it made no difference.

I then installed the Market Enabler, tried US and some DE settings, but neither allowed me to find Layar.

Weird weird weird.

Next time I install a rom I will log in using my wife's gmail account... see if I can get all those hidden apps back!

Thanks for trying guys,

Cheers

Mark.

Guest commodoor
Dang, nope,

I installed 3.2beta5 twice, wiped each time, sys and sd ext and still, could not find Layar (etc)

once I tried immediately after the system loaded for the first time, and the second time I restored a Titanium backup first, but it made no difference.

I then installed the Market Enabler, tried US and some DE settings, but neither allowed me to find Layar.

Weird weird weird.

Next time I install a rom I will log in using my wife's gmail account... see if I can get all those hidden apps back!

Thanks for trying guys,

Cheers

Mark.

it would be weird if its login related :s i also used 2.1 roms (noticed the apps missing) and always restored the nandbackup en never had issues with apps missing in 1.5. now i'm typing this i realised i never put a new rom after 2.1 always did a restore maybe this is why i never got a market issue, do you still have old nandroid backups that you can restore (where you didn't had the market problem?

Edited by commodoor

Guest fredphoesh
it would be weird if its login related :s i also used 2.1 roms (noticed the apps missing) and always restored the nandbackup en never had issues with apps missing in 1.5. now i'm typing this i realised i never put a new rom after 2.1 always did a restore maybe this is why i never got a market issue, do you still have old nandroid backups that you can restore (where you didn't had the market problem?

hi commodoor,

I will check, but I doubt it as I had a 2gb memory stick when i got the phone, and a couple of weeks later i got the 8gb stick... and I think I had done a backup to the 2gb stick... will look.

Are you on 2.1 now?

Im now on 3.2beta5, which seems snappier than 3.1modaco

Tx

Mark.

Guest commodoor
hi commodoor,

I will check, but I doubt it as I had a 2gb memory stick when i got the phone, and a couple of weeks later i got the 8gb stick... and I think I had done a backup to the 2gb stick... will look.

Are you on 2.1 now?

Im now on 3.2beta5, which seems snappier than 3.1modaco

Tx

Mark.

Right now i'm on mcr 3.2B5 and don't have the the market issue, but monday i was on 2.1 (just testing). you are right i think right now the best available rom is mcr 3.2B5 its clean and fast. i have proximately 90mb free when i'm not doing anything and don't have FC (or any stuff like this).

But good luck with finding a old backup, and hope that it works.