Hero loosing signal

Guest MrPadie

Guest MrPadie

Hello everyone.

Recently, my hero has been randomly loosing signal to my network provider. It seems that if I use the phone, it never looses any signal, but when I unlock the phone after a while, I see that it has no service. If from there I put the phone in airplane mode for a few seconds, and then turn airplane mode off, it generally catches the signal again. Also, if I scan for networks manually, I can see all the networks in my area, but I receive a message saying that my SIM card does not allow this connection if I try to connect to any of them, including my home network.

Also, this has happened throughout a number of ROM's and Radio's, so it cannot be ROM specific. If it helps, I am on Virgin Mobile in South Africa.

Has anybody else got any tips or ideas as to why my signal is dropping? I can also post my logcat later today if it will help.

Thanks!

Guest b1ck132
Hello everyone.

Recently, my hero has been randomly loosing signal to my network provider. It seems that if I use the phone, it never looses any signal, but when I unlock the phone after a while, I see that it has no service. If from there I put the phone in airplane mode for a few seconds, and then turn airplane mode off, it generally catches the signal again. Also, if I scan for networks manually, I can see all the networks in my area, but I receive a message saying that my SIM card does not allow this connection if I try to connect to any of them, including my home network.

Also, this has happened throughout a number of ROM's and Radio's, so it cannot be ROM specific. If it helps, I am on Virgin Mobile in South Africa.

Has anybody else got any tips or ideas as to why my signal is dropping? I can also post my logcat later today if it will help.

Thanks!

I would suggest trying to turn off, 3G services, either via phone if it's possible, or via the service provider. Since I had a similar problem with my Touch Pro 2, after I changed my provider, and the solution was just to ask the provider to drop me off the 3G services.

Not sure, how, and why that could cause a problem, but eh, since it solved mine, it might solve yours =)