SMS Problem

Guest deeone

Hi, today i saw something strange on my hero. My girlfriend sent me a message and is arrived double, the last one with a little memory card/sim icon on the right. I don't know what it means...anyone can help me to figure out what's going on?

Guest commodoor
Hi, today i saw something strange on my hero. My girlfriend sent me a message and is arrived double, the last one with a little memory card/sim icon on the right. I don't know what it means...anyone can help me to figure out what's going on?

It means it is saved on your sim card. you can save sms/contacts on you sim card. so when you change your phone you will still have the sms/contact, because they are on your sim.

go to settings and you will see there "manage sim card messages"(with standard hero message). you can see there messages on your sim.

Edited by commodoor

Guest Dr. dre
It means it is saved on your sim card. you can save sms/contacts on you sim card. so when you change your phone you will still have the sms/contact, because they are on your sim.

go to settings and you will see there "manage sim card messages"(with standard hero message). you can see there messages on your sim.

I don't think this is the problem because, Even I have some messages with that logo of sim card on some messages but when i open 'manage sim card messages' it shows me 'No Messages on the Sim Card'

Guest commodoor
I don't think this is the problem because, Even I have some messages with that logo of sim card on some messages but when i open 'manage sim card messages' it shows me 'No Messages on the Sim Card'

Did you try long press on the message and see the info? just curious never had this.

I've had this before (similar, but not identical). Seemingly random messages had the sim icon (ie. one message in the middle of a thread would have the icon). But I never delete messages, so I never worked out why this happened or what the significance of that one message was. Never bothered to remove the sim and see if they showed up on another phone or not (I guess they should).

I THINK this issue may be something to do with the way your contacts are saved.

Do you have duplicate 'google' and 'sim card' contacts?

Change the setting to use 'google' contacts ONLY and this MAY resolve the issue...

Guest Dr. dre
I THINK this issue may be something to do with the way your contacts are saved.

Do you have duplicate 'google' and 'sim card' contacts?

Change the setting to use 'google' contacts ONLY and this MAY resolve the issue...

I have all contacts on the phone and I have changed the settings to view phone contacts, I started having this problem(not exactly problem) when i restored my messages from the software 'MyBackup Pro', but now whenever i receive any message I don't have that logo on those messages, so I thought those may where stored on my sdcard.

Guest CitizenLee
I have all contacts on the phone and I have changed the settings to view phone contacts, I started having this problem(not exactly problem) when i restored my messages from the software 'MyBackup Pro', but now whenever i receive any message I don't have that logo on those messages, so I thought those may where stored on my sdcard.

I get the same after using MyBackup free version to back-up and restore after a recent wipe. Doesn't really bother me to be honest.

I also only view Phone contacts (I don't sync contact with Google).

Edited by CitizenLee