HTC Hero - system error and phone reboot.

Guest Malin

About the phone:

HTC Hero

Firmware version 1.5

Baseband version 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

Kernel version 2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.91

Bulid number MoDaCo Custom Rom 3.1 Core

Software Version 1.0.0.A6288

And the problem:

I'm getting this msg: "The process system has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" around 5-6 times a day. After that I have to turn off and on my phone, because I can not do anythig. This is 4th time that I've done flash. I've tried with older radios, I've tried different MoDaCo Rom's and still the same. One time I was able to use my phone for a week without that msg, but then I've messed up my sd card - the phone was saying that card needs to be formated, I've done that but still nothing, so I've done nandroid backup, flash my phone once again, tried to install new rom but the I've got the error, so later I've tried to restore my phone form the backup - and still the same.

I did not tried any other rom's (always MoDaCo) and I don't want to use any other roms. I know that this rom can work on my phone - because there was a time that phone was working perfectly.

Aaa...that time when my phone was ok for more than a week, it was not a fresh flash... I've done a flash, phone was giving me those errors and suddenly it stoped. I was switching on/off my phone, installling new apps, and nothing, until my card went wrong and I've done new flash.

I hope everyone understand what I was trying to explain here. Thanks for any help.

Guest Dr. dre
About the phone:

HTC Hero

Firmware version 1.5

Baseband version 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

Kernel version 2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.91

Bulid number MoDaCo Custom Rom 3.1 Core

Software Version 1.0.0.A6288

And the problem:

I'm getting this msg: "The process system has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" around 5-6 times a day. After that I have to turn off and on my phone, because I can not do anythig. This is 4th time that I've done flash. I've tried with older radios, I've tried different MoDaCo Rom's and still the same. One time I was able to use my phone for a week without that msg, but then I've messed up my sd card - the phone was saying that card needs to be formated, I've done that but still nothing, so I've done nandroid backup, flash my phone once again, tried to install new rom but the I've got the error, so later I've tried to restore my phone form the backup - and still the same.

I did not tried any other rom's (always MoDaCo) and I don't want to use any other roms. I know that this rom can work on my phone - because there was a time that phone was working perfectly.

Aaa...that time when my phone was ok for more than a week, it was not a fresh flash... I've done a flash, phone was giving me those errors and suddenly it stoped. I was switching on/off my phone, installling new apps, and nothing, until my card went wrong and I've done new flash.

I hope everyone understand what I was trying to explain here. Thanks for any help.

Dude what i'll suggest you is that flash an unlocked SPL and then install the RUU version 2.73.405.5(Don't install any RUU version above this) and then do the flash business again eg :- the ROM and the Radio and the recovery image etc because there was another facing this same problem and he did the same and remember do format your sdcard, make a fresh start.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Edited by Dr. dre

Dude what i'll suggest you is that flash an unlocked SPL and then install the RUU version 2.73.405.5(Don't install any RUU version above this) and then do the flash business again eg :- the ROM and the Radio and the recovery image etc because there was another facing this same problem and he did the same and remember do format your sdcard, make a fresh start.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Thanks for the quick replay, but ... I don't want to sound like an uber noob, but can you give link to the post in wich this guy is saying what he've done. Or can you please explain me what is "unlocked SPL" (and where can I get it), what is RUU (where can I get it). Rest I understand ... I think... if smoething I will be asking.

Thanks for the quick replay, but ... I don't want to sound like an uber noob, but can you give link to the post in wich this guy is saying what he've done. Or can you please explain me what is "unlocked SPL" (and where can I get it), what is RUU (where can I get it). Rest I understand ... I think... if smoething I will be asking.

i'd first try a complete wipe, repartition the sdcard and flash the rom again, before doing any RUU updates.

Guest Dr. dre

Unlocked SPL download is availible for download, on the pinned topics list you'll find it it's just flashing like a ROM and RUU is the official HTC update utility.

i'd first try a complete wipe, repartition the sdcard and flash the rom again, before doing any RUU updates.

I've done that, 3 times, full wipe, repartition sdcard (with different partition sizes), but still the same.

Yes, I have Advance Task Manager and I'm using the End All widget, why?

Another thing, if I will do the RUU, then after that will I have to root my phone again?

Edited by Malin

Guest descenpet
I've done that, 3 times, full wipe, repartition sdcard (with different partition sizes), but still the same.

Yes, I have Advance Task Manager and I'm using the End All widget, why?

Another thing, if I will do the RUU, then after that will I have to root my phone again?

i think what he meant is advanced task manager causes these problems for some users, you might want to try uninstalling it.

and yes if you use RUU, you will hav to re-root. not really from the very start, since you just have to flashrec the custom recovery and you can flash any rom.

i think what he meant is advanced task manager causes these problems for some users, you might want to try uninstalling it.

and yes if you use RUU, you will hav to re-root. not really from the very start, since you just have to flashrec the custom recovery and you can flash any rom.

Hmm... could you tell me what means "not really from the very start", because that is the only thing I don't want to do - re-root my phone again... I have a Mac without Win XP (bootcamp) , and I think all the tutorials that I read are for Windows.

Edited by Malin

Guest Dr. dre
Hmm... could you tell me what means "not really from the very start", because that is the only thing I don't want to do - re-root my phone again... I have a Mac without Win XP (bootcamp) , and I think all the tutorials that I read are for Windows.

Dude what you can do is install RUU 2.73.405.5(Don't install any version above this) from that it's very easy to flash recovery image because all you have to do is just use the flashrec method that's it. Even i have done the same thing once.

Note :- Don't Install any version of RUU above 2.73.405.5

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest descenpet

by "not really from the start", i meant you don't need to do any goldcard or downgrading. it will be at already downgraded state after using RUU. all you need to do is the one last easy step, install the custom recovery using flashrec.

thx guys for all help, I've tried the easiest solution - I've unistalled Advance Task Manager, and - fingers crossed - it's working fine, since yestarday phone is working, no errors, no reboots.

If later I will have the same problem again, then I will do the second solutions - "Dr. Dre solution" !

Guest Dr. dre
thx guys for all help, I've tried the easiest solution - I've unistalled Advance Task Manager, and - fingers crossed - it's working fine, since yestarday phone is working, no errors, no reboots.

If later I will have the same problem again, then I will do the second solutions - "Dr. Dre solution" !

Nice! I hope your phone works well and you don't need to do all the flashing process again.

Guest robyrocker89

if you use Advanced Task Manager, don't kill "HTC Checkin Service"!!!! this process is the problem!!! Exclude it from Advanced Task Manager and will work fine!! :(