Paul, Lickonn & disc0

Guest bellanano

Guest bellanano

I would know why Paul, Lickonn & disc0 disappeared from this forum.

I think that a little help for Angio & Company is necessary in this moment.

No nandroid for eclair firmware is a very big problem for those qant to test new roms, and the competence and the knowledge of Paul is strictly necessary to resolve tha little bug annoying the first version of Eclair for Liquid.

Who agrees with me?

Please Lickonn & Paul, knock at the door if your still here! :(

Edited by bellanano

Guest fbsqual
I would know why Paul & Lickonn disappeared from this forum.

I think that a little help for Angio & Company is necessary in this moment.

No nandroid for eclair firmware is a very big problem for those qant to test new roms, and the competence and the knowledge of Paul is strictly necessary to resolve tha little bug annoying the first version of Eclair for Liquid.

Who agrees with me?

Please Lickonn & Paul, knock at the door if your still here! :(

paul's already busy porting desire rom for nexus. I think he has no time for this. :(

Guest liquid_it
I'm working for some days in a new recovery (:

glad to hear it! a recovery with working nandroid is a must..

tnx for your work!

Edited by liquid_it

Guest bellanano
Lickonn disappeared, true but we probably won't see him come back.

Paul sold his Liquid, he has a Nexus One.

Yes but i think this forum is not only for Nexus one ( a very good phone indeed ) and that other phones, like liquid, needs the experience of the Big Paul :(

He return back in this treads when acer released kernel, so why he can't come back with this new eclair firmware?

Hope is the last...

Guest giocoso

I quote the message Bellanano.

and I ask Lickonn and Paul to come back.

We want you here with us!

@ bellanano se c'è qualcosa di sbagliato nella traduzione me lo dici per favore?

in pratica volevo dire questo:

quoto il messaggio di bellanano.

e chiedo a Lickonn e a paul di tornare.

Vi vogliamo qui con noi!!!

Edited by giocoso

I quote the message Bellanano.

and I ask Lickonn and Paul to return.

We want you here with us!

@ bellanano se c'è qualcosa di sbagliato nella traduzione me lo dici per favore?

in pratica volevo dire questo:

quoto il messaggio di bellanano.

e chiedo a Lickonn e a paul di tornare.

Vi vogliamo qui con noi!!!

Stick to english please.

I'm working for some days in a new recovery (:

Hi Disco, Your the one for me :(

Thanks a lot for your modified Kernel (I turn @ 920 Mhz, and it's very very Fast)

I hope you could do this also for the Eclair ROM when acer give us the Kernel :()

Thanks again and good job

Edited by bbpoux

Guest liquid_it

As Paul wrote today on twitter, android community is a bit "hysteric" sometimes, threads on forums become often flames, while who's lurking (or not actively developing, btw) doesn't get that devs work on devices on their spare time..

I'd like too to have something like 20 devs working on liquid, 5 rom release a day, and android 3.0 before june (just kidding, uh!) but "real" Acer Liquid scene is the one we have here, and it's not bad at all.

I'll be happy if lickonn comes back and shares his knowledge: if he won't I'll still be here supporting active devs.

Me, I'm not a noob, nor a skilled dev, but I think that if we want more fresh roms, new hacks, here and now, we should consider trying to put hands on code, scripts, learn and share with the community.

Guest behnaam
As Paul wrote today on twitter, android community is a bit "hysteric" sometimes, threads on forums become often flames, while who's lurking (or not actively developing, btw) doesn't get that devs work on devices on their spare time..

I'd like too to have something like 20 devs working on liquid, 5 rom release a day, and android 3.0 before june (just kidding, uh!) but "real" Acer Liquid scene is the one we have here, and it's not bad at all.

I'll be happy if lickonn comes back and shares his knowledge: if he won't I'll still be here supporting active devs.

Me, I'm not a noob, nor a skilled dev, but I think that if we want more fresh roms, new hacks, here and now, we should consider trying to put hands on code, scripts, learn and share with the community.

Couldnt say it better :(

Behnaam, wherez my Desire rom & iPhone OS portzzzzzzzz :( :( lol.

You know, the 'new comers' to rom flashing are the ones who make stupid complaints or requests. I remember 4-5 years ago I had a pocket pc and I started with this stuff, I swear people used to be smarter, or at least they used to read and do their research before asking question that have been answered 20-30 MILLION times.

Anywayz, yes please we need a recovery dear developers :(

Guest bellanano
Couldnt say it better :(

What i was trying to explain in this post is that all devs are necessary, and if they share the knowledges to the community, all together, we can all have better roms, is this Open Source or not?

I'm very happy for the new Comunity Rom: Angio, Maxisma and Behnaam, all together can make better things combining their work, no matter whether someone is more skilled developer, but this is the way.

But I think the contribution of lickonn and paul, and yes disc0 too ( sorry i forgot you :( ), for what they have shown they can do, can accelerate the development, and I wanted to ask their help in public, for the community.

Edited by bellanano

Behnaam, wherez my Desire rom & iPhone OS portzzzzzzzz :( :( lol.

You know, the 'new comers' to rom flashing are the ones who make stupid complaints or requests. I remember 4-5 years ago I had a pocket pc and I started with this stuff, I swear people used to be smarter, or at least they used to read and do their research before asking question that have been answered 20-30 MILLION times.

Anywayz, yes please we need a recovery dear developers :(

I don't think the normal : stupid people ratio changed much - but with smartphones becoming more mainstream, there are just more... (the Ubuntu problem :( )

@Behnaam&all other active developers: You are all doing a great job - more than we could expect, thank you for that. I don't understand how people can be so ungrateful...

To don't let people in the dark, I'm posting here this msg.

I'm sorry for the time this is taking, but I asked for two different persons for help (aka sources) and got no response from both, so, I needed to write [and recreate] new code.. So far things are going fine.. Adding some new ideias and making nandroid compatible is almost done (: .. Think in a few days I can release a version ONLY with nandroid backup and restore (nothing more, new features will be added in next release).

Edited by disc0

To don't let people in the dark, I'm posting here this msg.

I'm sorry for the time this is taking, but I asked for two different persons for help (aka sources) and got no response from both, so, I needed to write [and recreate] new code.. So far things are going fine.. Adding some new ideias and making nandroid compatible is almost done (: .. Think in a few days I can release a version ONLY with nandroid backup and restore (nothing more, new features will be added in next release).

I am working on nandroid too. The reason why it doesn't work is the change in partition structure (more precisely the setupdata partition)

Have you seen the same think disco ? Maybe we could work together.

Here is the new partition strucutre

dev: size erasesize name

mtd0: 000a0000 00020000 "misc"

mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd2: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd3: 08000000 00020000 "system"

mtd4: 0c0c0000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd5: 05960000 00020000 "cache"

mtd6: 00200000 00020000 "kpanic"

mtd7: 00040000 00020000 "dinfo"

mtd8: 00060000 00020000 "setupdata"

mtd9: 00080000 00020000 "splash1"

mtd10: 01380000 00020000 "modem"

==> kpanic, splash1 and modem partition where added.

Here are the changes

kpanic : added on mtd6 (replace dinfo)

dinfo : mtd6 =>mtd7

setupdata : mtd7 => mtd8

splash1 : added on mtd9

modem : added on mtd10

Guest fredr33
I'm sorry for the time this is taking...

disc0, you do not need explain your self or ask for "forgivness" for not working fast enough.

Your work (and all devs contributing) are highly appriciated, it is amazing the effort you put in to this on your spare time.

Thanks.