Petition for proper OpenGL 3D drivers!

Guest pavel1234546

Guest deepower

Guys,

the signs are growing pretty fast :( we have 160 signs as of 19:20PM, 24.02.2010 (GMT +2)

After reaching a certain limit, maybe we can post this to a magazine as pavel12345 mentioned

UPDATE:

I'm thinking to widen the petition for better software and not just the Open GL driver. Please tell me what you think :(

Edited by deepower

Guest pavel1234546
Guys,

the signs are growing pretty fast :( we have 160 signs as of 19:20PM, 24.02.2010 (GMT +2)

After reaching a certain limit, maybe we can post this to a magazine as pavel12345 mentioned

UPDATE:

I'm thinking to widen the petition for better software and not just the Open GL driver. Please tell me what you think :(

I think that we should try it by small steps. It this will results in succes, than we can think for other things.

Edited by pavel1234546

Guest touchflo

actually, there is official support for opengl es 2 and opengl es 1 is emulated through opengl es 2, which is why those apps dont run that great. opengl es 2 works perfectly fine though. some devs are complaining about opengl es 1 not working properly, but its just because they are lazy and dont want to learn es 2 instead. What you should be petitioning is getting hardware accelerated Direct3d mobile drivers, which is a far better API that opengl can ever be.

228 signatures xD

this is really going well!

having the hardware but not the support is so irritating!

you know you have the hardware but you won't see anything of it.

keep on going !

Guest mimicicu06
231 in few days! Amazing!

I will wait for 300 and than I will notice some online media. Any suggest where it should be send ?

sorry I don't know where you can send that, but i've just voted :(

it all depends on how large you would like to go with that petition.

is you want much attention you can post it on sites of different country's or stuff like that.

maybe some revieuwing sites? or maybe pocketnow? (they have a large youtube community)!

I hope that i've given you some ideas.

Guest NikAhmad

Petition better direct handover to CEO samsung cooperation which in charge in software development and give them ample time one month to reply back. After one month period & no response from samsung then you can post to reputable third party like magazine or you tube under pocket now, etc

Guest garyfl

if you put the info on youtube youl get more sigs.. more sigs will make samsung feel a whole lot worse about the whole thing. they wont just be able to brush it under the carpet after that..

Guest Ender Psp

I wonder if someone from Samsung is reading this or if someone working for Samsung that's here at Modaco.

I'd like to ask them how come there's no update for some areas at all?

And if there is going to be any good support for Omnia 2 in terms of video (especially gaming).

Samsung , are you watching this? Do you really care about what we, the buyers want?

Guest pavel1234546
Petition better direct handover to CEO samsung cooperation which in charge in software development and give them ample time one month to reply back. After one month period & no response from samsung then you can post to reputable third party like magazine or you tube under pocket now, etc

Nice Idea

Guest pavel1234546
Nice Idea

Mail sent and I am waitting like a week or two for answer. If there will be no answer, than I will notice media..

Guest Lancez
Mail sent and I am waitting like a week or two for answer. If there will be no answer, than I will notice media..

you've done a great job. thank you

Guest snaai8

wow this is really nice!

i hope there will be a quick respond :(

you're doing a great thing !

Guest qtilt

I signed, but don't expect this to get anywhere with Samsung. My old phone (HTC Kaiser) had the same exact problem, an entire website was dedicated to the cause (htcclassaction.org). The petitions got us nowhere, i expect the same to happen here.

But, hey, on the bright side, maybe Samsung is different from htc...

• 3 months later...
Guest HAL_9000
Anything about this? Has Samsung come back with an answer or a driver?

No, it´s nonsense. Samsung working on another models. :)

But driver file from Chainfire is good and working with all OpenGL games/applications.

Edited by HAL_9000