Telus i910 rom

Guest masawyer

Guest masawyer

This thread is all about getting things going on a rom for the Telus Omnia i910.

So far Telus owners have been out of luck for a new rom because Telus has not released any updates for our version to crack (they are also not planning on releasing any). We cannot use a Verizon rom because of a battery driver issue.

The stock Omnia from Telus has:

ROM Version: S:i910.10 T.cc09.20276

Modem Version: S:i190.10 T.CC08

Hardware Version: H:i190.10 T.Q.

PRL Version: P:8095

I have flashed and cooked roms on my old PPC 6700 for years but any help would be greatly appricated from the masters!

So I understand that we may need a dump file to get thing started, so if anyone knows of a Telus one already posted please link here, or I will post mine very soon.

• 3 months later...
Guest Pasha2010
This thread is all about getting things going on a rom for the Telus Omnia i910.

So far Telus owners have been out of luck for a new rom because Telus has not released any updates for our version to crack (they are also not planning on releasing any). We cannot use a Verizon rom because of a battery driver issue.

The stock Omnia from Telus has:

ROM Version: S:i910.10 T.cc09.20276

Modem Version: S:i190.10 T.CC08

Hardware Version: H:i190.10 T.Q.

PRL Version: P:8095

I have flashed and cooked roms on my old PPC 6700 for years but any help would be greatly appricated from the masters!

So I understand that we may need a dump file to get thing started, so if anyone knows of a Telus one already posted please link here, or I will post mine very soon.

Hi! Please could you give a link for Telus ROM? Thanks a lot in advance.

• 1 month later...
Guest nickmo20

Um, I know no one has really posted anything for this, but i have one in the works...

I am a newer chef (within the last year) and I took on the task of creating one, most recently a bootable ROM, but still in the works of perfecting...

Edited by nickmo20

Guest samfungi
Um, I know no one has really posted anything for this, but i have one in the works...

I am a newer chef (within the last year) and I took on the task of creating one, most recently a bootable ROM, but still in the works of perfecting...

Please let me know of your progress. I am very interested in flashing my telus omnia i910. I hope you the best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickmo20
Please let me know of your progress. I am very interested in flashing my telus omnia i910. I hope you the best of luck.

I have successfully cooked a TELUS ROM! the only issue is the battery driver is improper. so you cannot charge while the phone is on, must be powered off.. which is a slight inconvenience. AND as of right now, it's only 6.1 and does not have samsung today widgets. it was hard to do with an old file dump, so it was rough... but i'll try to continue working on it to do some further testing!

• 2 weeks later...
I have successfully cooked a TELUS ROM! the only issue is the battery driver is improper. so you cannot charge while the phone is on, must be powered off.. which is a slight inconvenience. AND as of right now, it's only 6.1 and does not have samsung today widgets. it was hard to do with an old file dump, so it was rough... but i'll try to continue working on it to do some further testing!

I am also very interested ... any recent progress???

Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickmo20
would this work for Bell i910 as well?

no it wont work with bell... The issues i'm having, is for me the battery doesnt charge, i am in the U.S. though, and have a verizon phone, so testing for me is very limited! The issues i've discovered is the Wifi does not display, no samsung widgets, bluetooth doesnt work correctly, and favorite/easy settings do not work.

i was told that it doesnt say 'telus' as the network, but my ROM's never say verizon, but that doesnt mean i dont use verizon, that just means it's missing a registry file.

NO real progress on this, as i had only a partial ROM dump from a while back, but i've been slowly building a 'stock' replacement for those to flash back to. i will try to pick it back up. sorry for the delay!

• 1 month later...

I'm with telus, i flashed my Telus Omnia 1 phone. I wanted to install the system update CF03 on my phone that i found with the Samsung website. i tough it will correct my sms problems. They where not always sended to others.

The problem is like you allready know, it change with verizon drivers, and now the battery doesnt work nor the phone mode. I tought Samsungs os and driver where compatible with all their Omnia. But ... Telus and Bell Omnia doesnt work after installing thoses Rom.

Now, i'm looking for an original telus Rom, or any information if this as been fixed by TELUS or Samsung or even a Cooked rom for Telus Omnia for people like me

that didnt knew all the facts.

Any solution at this time ?

I'll be really happy if one of you can take the time to look for a solution.

All i've find so far is : Cant post the link yet ... (new to this forum)

I really hope there is a solution, this happened to a lots of people. I'm just looking for a way to get it like it was out of the box or (as close as possible).

I just got the phone a few month ago, so i hope i wont have to buy a new one for that mistake.