What does radios do?

Guest Villarous

Guest Villarous

I looked at some new ROMs at xda today and saw they recommended to install the new radio, and i also saw the new radio here in Pauls stickied thread. But is it safe to install it? I mean, what does it do? Does those radios work on all GSM HTC Hero phones?

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 - download (the newest one)

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 - download

63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 - download

63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08 - download

63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 - download (i have this one)

Guest descenpet

htc made those, paul repacked then to install via custom recovery.

if you install wrong(non-gsm hero radio) or anything goes wrong(mostly pulled battery by accident or intentionally), it could brick your phone.

for what does it do part, erm.. they are firmware for the gsm radio transceiver. sorry can't explain better.

Guest Dr. dre
it is very risky IMO to flash a new radio as one mistake and your phone is bricked [made useless] lol

It is not like that all you have to do is just flash the update and just let it complete, and there would be no problem, if you will do somethings like pop the battery out etc. when flashing, then it would risky. Otherwise there are no risks in flashing a Radio. Everybody here would have flashed Radio once on there device it's just that be careful with the phone while flashing it and let the process of flashing complete.

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest commodoor

If you update radio it can be good sometimes. if you have bad revieve you can always try newer Radio, they maybe solve your problem. If you don't have any issue's you don't need to update the radio.

and if you go up with Radio you always get down again. lets say you flash the latest radio but didnt like it you can flash the old one back.